Login

russian armor

What about forward retreat points for Ostheer and Soviet?

3 Jan 2016, 14:24 PM

Why is it, that the non dlc factions dont have any possibility to set up forward retreat points? It would make them much more fun to play an give the Soviets a little buff in 3v3 aand 4v4 games, which they surely need. Right now you have to retreat all the way back to the HQ after every engagment.
As for the Ostheer, I think adding a retreat point upgrade to the Command bunker would do the job. The Soviets dont have any kind of forward HQ at all except the Halftrack, which can reinforce and the Forward HQ upgrade, which is doctrinal. The Halftrack currently has only one upgrade, which removes the ability to reinforce. Why not give it another upgrade, that makes it a forward retreat point, but immobilizes it permanently and removes all weapons. Then Medics could be added through the Upgrade in the HQ which would influence now both the HQ and the Halftrack. So it would be like a smaller and more vulnerable version of the OKW Medic Truck.
3 Jan 2016, 14:34 PM

No. FRPs are not fun. They promote blobbing. Get rid of them instead of giving them to OST and SU.
3 Jan 2016, 14:40 PM

Why is it, that the non dlc factions dont have any possibility to set up forward retreat points? It would make them much more fun to play an give the Soviets a little buff in 3v3 aand 4v4 games, which they surely need. Right now you have to retreat all the way back to the HQ after every engagment.
As for the Ostheer, I think adding a retreat point upgrade to the Command bunker would do the job. The Soviets dont have any kind of forward HQ at all except the Halftrack, which can reinforce and the Forward HQ upgrade, which is doctrinal. The Halftrack currently has only one upgrade, which removes the ability to reinforce. Why not give it another upgrade, that makes it a forward retreat point, but immobilizes it permanently and removes all weapons. Then Medics could be added through the Upgrade in the HQ which would influence now both the HQ and the Halftrack. So it would be like a smaller and more vulnerable version of the OKW Medic Truck.

Ostheer: sdfk 251/reinforcement bunker + med bunker.

Soviet: cons merge + half-track.

Both faction have ways to stay on the battlefield. you just need to learn to soft retreat. And I agree with Australian Magic, FRP promotes blobbing.
3 Jan 2016, 15:12 PM

Well removing forward retreat points from every faction seems also as the best solution to me. It just seems unfair if some factions can retreat a few meters and then get fully healed and reinforced while the other ones have to run all the way back to the HQ. Everyone should have the same options!
3 Jan 2016, 16:14 PM

Or atleast make frp's something special (doctrine only ) for all factions
3 Jan 2016, 16:20 PM

I agree with australian magic
3 Jan 2016, 16:39 PM

Agreed. Forward retreat points are stupid.
3 Jan 2016, 16:41 PM

Why OKW and US have this BTW?
3 Jan 2016, 18:14 PM

Funny how the new WFAs both have FRPs and they are known to blob the most. How interesting. UKF also have it but their units require cover to be effective.
3 Jan 2016, 19:00 PM

No. FRPs are not fun. They promote blobbing. Get rid of them instead of giving them to OST and SU.

You usually speak non-sense but I agree with you on this. No armies for have FRP. It gives too much of an advantage to that armies (specifically OKW) who can stay on the field while others cant. EARLY.

Yes USF can also but its much later in the game unless OKW which is what 3/4 mins in the game?
3 Jan 2016, 19:04 PM

100% agree. They greatly diminish the efficiency of suppression and, since their impact varies greatly depending on map size, they're a bitch to balance.
3 Jan 2016, 19:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I hate forward retreat points, it's a cancer of gameplay and obvious power creep into the new factions.
3 Jan 2016, 20:01 PM

this.

If you lose a battle you should have to pay the price and retreat back to base. Not to the other side of a bush and come back ten seconds later fully manned and healed.
3 Jan 2016, 20:03 PM

3 Jan 2016, 20:29 PM

what about non doctrinal mortar for usf :guyokay:
3 Jan 2016, 21:05 PM

ffs Give to Axis FRP and USF Calliop unlock at 7 CP already!

Do it relic Pleasee!!
4 Jan 2016, 00:01 AM
Patrion 28

FRPs make already small maps smaller. they also give a tremendous advantage to those who have them on maps like hill 331 but that's specific to those maps.
4 Jan 2016, 01:08 AM

The less FRPs there are, the better off the game is. They only promote blobbing.
4 Jan 2016, 03:29 AM

Why OKW and US have this BTW?

UKF have as well,

well i understand OKW as VG are super weak before that is need retreat all the time, in order for OKW to maintain any map control it is good to cut their retreat range into shorter distances that is where med HQ coming (also same reason why they got heals) but now you just see VG blob nonstop, unless you lucky with demos and art that wipe them hard.

USF's rifle blob is a huge problem since release. there is no good way to get fight it as all rifles have smoke nades that just negate all the german defenses and they can use bazooka attack ground to kill those defense or simply run pass them. major retreat point just make it very bad.... only way is deal is to barrge the hell of retreat point, but USF have more mobile retreat point and heal and reinforce. which make this even harder

UKF...well i dont see any point for the retreat point. I think they just want add a builing gives buffs to emplacements then they don't want it to be too uselsss so they let it have weapon rack and able to server as retreat point.

for me I like to see all FRPs removed from game....
4 Jan 2016, 05:02 AM

I'd rather the other 3 factions just have non-doc halftracks to heal from. It always seemed odd to me that the mobile USF lacked a way to ferry their troops. Would be kinda interesting to see the AA replaced with it and have it upgrade to AA or an AT gun.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★