Login

russian armor

Best way to counter 2 Luchs in 2v2

2 Jan 2016, 22:41 PM

Having a hard time adjusting my strategy to counter 2 Luchs at the same time against double OKW. Soviets just don't seem equipped to handle shock units like that when that come out at the same time t70s do. So I need some suggestions.
2 Jan 2016, 23:38 PM

Having a hard time adjusting my strategy to counter 2 Luchs at the same time against double OKW. Soviets just don't seem equipped to handle shock units like that when that come out at the same time t70s do. So I need some suggestions.

Mines
Guards supported by cons with AT nades
ZiS

Soviets are the best when it comes to countering light armor.
4 Jan 2016, 06:49 AM

Guards should do fine for the most part and if you're suspecting that build you should try to constantly keep their fuel cut off and lay down a lot of mines
4 Jan 2016, 18:04 PM
Patrion 14

Overall, it depends on your doctrine choice. Previous posters have suggested guards, cons and this is a good option. Also you mention the t70 - which is also a great/medium counter to the luchs. In a one on onefight, the luchs will basically lose to the T70.

Remember the luchs is a shock unit, this means you don't need to kill it - only negate it's shock value. This is primarily accomplished by preventing it's effective use. What good is a shock unit if you can't use it? Additionally you need to assess the overall strategic picture - that OKW went mechanized, which means he doesn't have heal! So you can bleed his manpower in the infantry fights, but that damn luchs prevents you from doing so right?

My solution: just use a single AT gun with maxims and AT grenade equipped cons on the flanks. If the OKW player built a kubel, I make sure to AT grenade him at least once to enforce the fact that I have a snare. This approach doesn't force you into a guard based doctrine and lets you pick a doctrine base don the OKW's overall strategy, rather then allowing the OKW to lock you into a doctrine by building a luchs. Granted, it's likely a more delicate build and peopel are enjoying high success rates using guards.

The ideal result is the OKW is forced to play conservatively instead of aggressively with his Luchs, vastly diminishing its shock value and consequently allows you to fight his unhealed infantry (manpower bleed). Additionally you should toss a mine down the most obvious flanking route just for good measure. Typical OKW players are used to being aggressive with their luchs and will likely hit it, making great fodder for your AT gun or soon to be T70/SU76.

When Tech 3 rolls around, I pick either a SU76 or T70 depending on the overall situation and then attempt to kill the luchs if I haven't already from a stupid overextension. I then pick a high pressure doctrine that allows me to do some damage to his forces, personally i`m in love with soviet reserve army right now, but any KV8 tank doctrine does tremendous work.
6 Jan 2016, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 18:04 PMTroyd

Overall, it depends on your doctrine choice. Previous posters have suggested guards, cons and this is a good option. Also you mention the t70 - which is also a great/medium counter to the luchs. In a one on onefight, the luchs will basically lose to the T70.

Remember the luchs is a shock unit, this means you don't need to kill it - only negate it's shock value. This is primarily accomplished by preventing it's effective use. What good is a shock unit if you can't use it? Additionally you need to assess the overall strategic picture - that OKW went mechanized, which means he doesn't have heal! So you can bleed his manpower in the infantry fights, but that damn luchs prevents you from doing so right?

My solution: just use a single AT gun with maxims and AT grenade equipped cons on the flanks. If the OKW player built a kubel, I make sure to AT grenade him at least once to enforce the fact that I have a snare. This approach doesn't force you into a guard based doctrine and lets you pick a doctrine base don the OKW's overall strategy, rather then allowing the OKW to lock you into a doctrine by building a luchs. Granted, it's likely a more delicate build and peopel are enjoying high success rates using guards.

The ideal result is the OKW is forced to play conservatively instead of aggressively with his Luchs, vastly diminishing its shock value and consequently allows you to fight his unhealed infantry (manpower bleed). Additionally you should toss a mine down the most obvious flanking route just for good measure. Typical OKW players are used to being aggressive with their luchs and will likely hit it, making great fodder for your AT gun or soon to be T70/SU76.

When Tech 3 rolls around, I pick either a SU76 or T70 depending on the overall situation and then attempt to kill the luchs if I haven't already from a stupid overextension. I then pick a high pressure doctrine that allows me to do some damage to his forces, personally i`m in love with soviet reserve army right now, but any KV8 tank doctrine does tremendous work.

Cool thanks for the tips, very informative
6 Jan 2016, 21:56 PM

Soviets are the best when it comes to countering light armor.

What? USF is way better at countering light armor than soviets. Just compare the zis and the 57. Zis has higher pen and higher damage but a lower rate of fire and a smaller cone. The coh2 57mm was built to kill light and medium armor, the Zis medium and heavier. Zooks are also great against light vehicles, and their stock, whereas guards are doctrinal and possess weaker AT. The only place the soviets have them beat is their cheaper and easier to build mine, but if you're relying on mines to counter light vehicles you better be very lucky.

Not to mention, the M15 is great at killing anything softer than a luchs. The soviets have the m5 quad which isnt bad against lights either, but being locked behind t3 means it comes much later.
11 Jan 2016, 16:19 PM

T-70 is the most effective counter. Zis-3 isn't so much, if he is minimally alert or it's a urban map with lots of buildings that break LoS.

And if you want to go full retard, go with soviet tank hunter doctrine, spam PTRS cons then profit.
14 Jan 2016, 19:09 PM
Patrion 15

AT grenades will keep you from getting rolled. If you see double mechanized this should be your first response. You can back that up with guards, a T70 or SU76, or a combination of mines and a zis. Just keep in mind that the luchs is very good at chasing down retreating squads, so don't overextend and try to harass the flanks while the luchs is on the field.
20 Jan 2016, 11:34 AM

Guards should do fine for the most part and if you're suspecting that build you should try to constantly keep their fuel cut off and lay down a lot of mines

SU Master race anyway Keepo
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 59
Peru 20
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L