Login

russian armor

Veterancy: Reduced scatter on a mortar

2 Jan 2016, 18:41 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I've been experimenting with veterancy modifiers on mortars, looking to reduce scatter. How these things work is still a bit unclear to me, though. For example, the vanilla GrW 34 entity has six different weapons: Auto-attack, barrage, smoke, incendiary, counter-barrage, victor target. At Vet 2, the squad gets reduced scatter through:

change_target_action (change_target_type: entities)
apply_modifiers_action
weapon_scatter (application_type: apply_to_weapon, target_type_name: hardpoint_01)

Does this mean that only hardpoint 1 gets reduced scatter? Or would it need application_type: apply_to_weapon_type for that? Additionally, are only the mortar entity's hardpoints or also the crew entities' hardpoints affected?

Assuming this does just reduce the scatter for the mortar's hardpoint 1 (auto-attack) - If I want to reduce scatter for all of the mortar entity's weapons, is there a more elegant way than basically just repeating this six times?

Any help is appreciated!
2 Jan 2016, 21:26 PM

It's applying the scatter modifier to every entity in the squad, but that's fine since small arms weapons from the crew members don't use scatter for anything other than visuals.

It's also only affecting weapons on hardpoint_01, you'd need to duplicate that modifier accordingly for the others.
3 Jan 2016, 12:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks a lot! I think I can get it to work as intended now. I put a requirement_action for unit_type above the apply_modifiers_action, because I eventually want to change reload time and weapon range as well.

If the apply_modifiers_action has permanent: True, does that mean the mortar will keep the modifiers even if it gets decrewed and then crewed again?

Also, do you know the difference between apply_to_weapon and apply_to_weapon_type for application_type (for example in a weapon_scatter modifier)?

Sorry about all those questions. Just trying to learn :D
3 Jan 2016, 14:40 PM

Not sure, you'll have to test those yourself.

My recommendation is to give it a very large multiplier to something that is easy to spot, like x2 weapon range, and then it will be easy to notice if it's getting stacked (suddenly x4) when recrewed.

Not sure about the two types, those are new in CoH2.
5 Jan 2016, 13:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

permanent: False with duration: 0 seems to be working fine, so it's really not important. I'll test it when I get the chance, though. Thanks for your help!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★