Login

russian armor

OKW Commanders

AVA
5 Jan 2016, 04:03 AM

This is just my own personal prefference and also why I use these commaders but other can tell you why use his commader too, so keep in mind that these are most used by pro players but also breaktrought and forty is used because it fit to some playerstyle much better.

Hector

Makes sense!

I'll def try them out in 1v1's, this will probably help me get through the early game, especially since fortifications doesn't really offer a big solution for all the early-mid game troubles as you don't get any troops.

When it comes to 2v2's (which I currently play a lot aswell) or maybe even 3v3's

What are then "meta-commanders" people use?

Also luftwaffe/fort & scavenge or idk maybe flame commander?

5 Jan 2016, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2016, 04:03 AMAVA

Makes sense!

I'll def try them out in 1v1's, this will probably help me get through the early game, especially since fortifications doesn't really offer a big solution for all the early-mid game troubles as you don't get any troops.

When it comes to 2v2's (which I currently play a lot aswell) or maybe even 3v3's

What are then "meta-commanders" people use?

Also luftwaffe/fort & scavenge or idk maybe flame commander?

Im mainly (and almost only) 1v1 player so my point of view my be now a bit biased but if I play 2v2 or 3v3 I will go more late game commaders cause ostheer can support me with lmg grens and mg42 mid game.

special ops - recon , commad panther that boost other tanks and have mark target - good in high modes
breaktrought - jagtiger is instawin late game and you can spam fussiliere because freidn have mgs
defensive - 3v3 is have more campy nature
elite armor - in 3v3 modes enemy lack more skill thust loltiger can be more useful at punishing blobs.

These commaders may not relfect 3v3 meta cause im not 3v3 player , I was just theorycrafting , if you want more , I will send you imagelessbean here ok ?
AVA
5 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM

Im mainly (and almost only) 1v1 player so my point of view my be now a bit biased but if I play 2v2 or 3v3 I will go more late game commaders cause ostheer can support me with lmg grens and mg42 mid game.

special ops - recon , commad panther that boost other tanks and have mark target - good in high modes
breaktrought - jagtiger is instawin late game and you can spam fussiliere because freidn have mgs
defensive - 3v3 is have more campy nature
elite armor - in 3v3 modes enemy lack more skill thust loltiger can be more useful at punishing blobs.

These commaders may not relfect 3v3 meta cause im not 3v3 player , I was just theorycrafting , if you want more , I will send you imagelessbean here ok ?

Okay, but what exactly is imagelessbean?

But you think breakthrough is one of the better ones in 2v2's?
5 Jan 2016, 20:23 PM

Hi AVA,

I am exactly Imagelessbean.

For 3v3 and 4v4 you want commanders that fill out your late game roster. Early advantages will tend to only matter if the game ends before the 10 minute mark.

As a result I would pick Spec Ops, Breakthrough, and maybe fortifications for these larger game modes. Here you will want to get the advantages of having lots of late game heavy hitters.

Spec ops works wonders when combined with a Wehr player you goes heavy into vehicles. Play conservatively with your Command Panther and let it gain vet while mark targeting every vehicle you can. Use Obers conservatively as well with STG-44's and they will bleed your opponent quickly. The grenade volley option is just icing on the cake. Let your teammates know they can call on you for LoS whenever they want since you have recon flares. Radio silence will not be of much use since few players rely heavily on mini map in 3v3 and 4v4.

Breakthrough is well rounded and should be used to deal with heavy Brit play. Its JT will eat up late game Brit tanks, and can be supported by 2 rakentens if Comets are a danger. This will force your opponent to rush deep and then get annihilated trying to pick off your heavy tank destroyer. Fusilliers are filthy and easy to amass. The Sturm officer works well with a Wehr player again. Keep him well back so his buff applies to units be he is never in danger of getting killed. Drop him into buildings to prevent the force retreat from occurring. The arty in the doc should be used when an Allied push is about to happen on the point where build is occurring.

Finally, the last doc can be whatever you like, but I have not found Falls or Jaegers very good in larger games. Here they are too limited in impact and the lack of powerful late game armor in their doc to be of help. Fortifications however gives you a weak but nice source of suppression, access to the Pak 43, which will help you hold a sector from any tank, and a little more fun for volks. This commander works well when you spend your time building lots of volks and sturm pios. It tends to falter against Soviet commanders with lots of off maps, and Brit players can be a problem for it.

If you want to you can try the Sturm Tiger doc, it is ok, but too many of the abilities have limited uses and so you get only 1 or 2 commander abilities as a result from the whole doc.

All the commanders can be used, but the top 3 I listed are the preferred until you feel very comfortable with the game and you can design better strategies from that point.
AVA
6 Jan 2016, 00:29 AM

Hi AVA,

I am exactly Imagelessbean.

For 3v3 and 4v4 you want commanders that fill out your late game roster. Early advantages will tend to only matter if the game ends before the 10 minute mark.

As a result I would pick Spec Ops, Breakthrough, and maybe fortifications for these larger game modes. Here you will want to get the advantages of having lots of late game heavy hitters.

Spec ops works wonders when combined with a Wehr player you goes heavy into vehicles. Play conservatively with your Command Panther and let it gain vet while mark targeting every vehicle you can. Use Obers conservatively as well with STG-44's and they will bleed your opponent quickly. The grenade volley option is just icing on the cake. Let your teammates know they can call on you for LoS whenever they want since you have recon flares. Radio silence will not be of much use since few players rely heavily on mini map in 3v3 and 4v4.

Breakthrough is well rounded and should be used to deal with heavy Brit play. Its JT will eat up late game Brit tanks, and can be supported by 2 rakentens if Comets are a danger. This will force your opponent to rush deep and then get annihilated trying to pick off your heavy tank destroyer. Fusilliers are filthy and easy to amass. The Sturm officer works well with a Wehr player again. Keep him well back so his buff applies to units be he is never in danger of getting killed. Drop him into buildings to prevent the force retreat from occurring. The arty in the doc should be used when an Allied push is about to happen on the point where build is occurring.

Finally, the last doc can be whatever you like, but I have not found Falls or Jaegers very good in larger games. Here they are too limited in impact and the lack of powerful late game armor in their doc to be of help. Fortifications however gives you a weak but nice source of suppression, access to the Pak 43, which will help you hold a sector from any tank, and a little more fun for volks. This commander works well when you spend your time building lots of volks and sturm pios. It tends to falter against Soviet commanders with lots of off maps, and Brit players can be a problem for it.

If you want to you can try the Sturm Tiger doc, it is ok, but too many of the abilities have limited uses and so you get only 1 or 2 commander abilities as a result from the whole doc.

All the commanders can be used, but the top 3 I listed are the preferred until you feel very comfortable with the game and you can design better strategies from that point.

Thanks and nice explanation. Do the same commanders you mentioned apply to 2v2's however ? (as I don't play 3v3 or 4v4's yet as I feel like you get a better feeling for the game in 1v1 or 2v2's, as you can't be 'carried' as much.)
My biggest problem yet is getting the map control in the early & mid-game. In the beginning it usually starts out okay, but they sometimes seem to manage to get all the VP's and mapcontrol back, and then when early armor comes out, we're (OKW & Wher) kind of done for, as we can't seem to get the VP's back. I play with a wehr teammate when i'm 2v2'ing.

And my current setup for 1v1 is: Spec-ops, Breakthrough & Scavenge.

For 2v2's I still haven't (yet) used anything besides Fortifications as I am not 100% sure what is good, and I simply love bunkers :D although I don't feel like it's a good 2v2 commander as the only abilities I use are bunkers, sometimes MG's And the commanders you mentioned mostly rely on having a good lategame, but I usually lose in the mid-game in 2v2's. So the Tiger won't really help me here xd.

But thank you for the information, i'll def try this setup when i'm going to start with large scale teamgames.
6 Jan 2016, 00:58 AM

1v1's and 2v2's have a longer early and mid game, hence the recommendation for Scavenge. In those game modes units like the JT are extremely rare, basically you just won't see them. Whereas in larger game modes you may see them every game.

The first 3 I suggested will still prove useful in 1v1 and 2v2, and there I think fortifications may even shine more. In those game modes definitely do not use elite armor.

If you are losing before late game I would recommend starting with Scavenge as it will bridge your early game into the mid game. Use Jaegers at distance, especially targeting low health squads and you will not be disappointed. You should, whenever possible, have them stand to fire, moving reduces their accuracy and since their sniper fires slowly you want every shot he fires to count.

Starting small is fine, it will remove any excuses you might have about your teammates not playing well enough. You are always welcome in larger game modes.
AVA
7 Jan 2016, 02:11 AM

1v1's and 2v2's have a longer early and mid game, hence the recommendation for Scavenge. In those game modes units like the JT are extremely rare, basically you just won't see them. Whereas in larger game modes you may see them every game.

The first 3 I suggested will still prove useful in 1v1 and 2v2, and there I think fortifications may even shine more. In those game modes definitely do not use elite armor.

If you are losing before late game I would recommend starting with Scavenge as it will bridge your early game into the mid game. Use Jaegers at distance, especially targeting low health squads and you will not be disappointed. You should, whenever possible, have them stand to fire, moving reduces their accuracy and since their sniper fires slowly you want every shot he fires to count.

Starting small is fine, it will remove any excuses you might have about your teammates not playing well enough. You are always welcome in larger game modes.

I see, I can really use this information!
A few more questions, (even though i'm probably asking too much).

1. When would you go for Luftwaffe or Scavenge though, on what do you decide that?

2. Scavenge and Luftwaffe both have elite units like the Fallschirmjäger and the Jagerlight recon squad.
I am not sure which one is better as they're both flanking units and need to stay on long range (although the Falls are probably better close range despite being squishy?), so wich one do you think is better and what exactly is the difference between the 2? Also how are Obersoldaten compared to these 2 elite units?

3. And how is the ober compared to these 2 units

I have the feeling that they're all both kind of the same unit apart from the abilities.
Maybe I am asking too much, but I simply don't have the answer for these questions yet xD
I am currently using both, and i'm not sure which one I prefer more yet.

Thanks for the clear answers btw!
7 Jan 2016, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 02:11 AMAVA

1. When would you go for Luftwaffe or Scavenge though, on what do you decide that?

2. Scavenge and Luftwaffe both have elite units like the Fallschirmjäger and the Jagerlight recon squad.
I am not sure which one is better as they're both flanking units and need to stay on long range (although the Falls are probably better close range despite being squishy?), so wich one do you think is better and what exactly is the difference between the 2? Also how are Obersoldaten compared to these 2 elite units?

I have the feeling that they're all both kind of the same unit apart from the abilities.
Maybe I am asking too much, but I simply don't have the answer for these questions yet xD

Luvtwaffe - mg 34

Scavenger - building control (inf. nades)
oswind

It is what you need. Crowd control or some AI tank later on .

Falls - high DPS , low recieved acc (die so fast) , camo with vet , faust
JLI - mediocre DPS , great survivability (with vet they get great recieved acc bonuses) , cheapest , multiple abilities , sniping potential (member with less than 70% of hp)
Obers - need tech , expensive , great DPS , great surivability , insane vet (vet 2 = terminator squad , vet 3 , 5 = bigger surivability , vet 4 = lmg supress)

All of them are weak against tanks , only falls can damage engine. They all dont like exposives and rekt infantry if supported
7 Jan 2016, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 02:11 AMAVA

Hector made a great post above this that you should read. There is no one squad better than another, they all excel at different things.

If you are going to use Scavenge or Falls, you should pick them before 2 cp's so you can get their stuff as soon as they arrive. Waiting until later, as with Luft commander, will cause you to lose the MG34, since you won't build it after the early game.

I would go falls when you see lots of support weapons that can be easily controlled by a single Fall squad jumping out of a building and eating them up. I would go Jaegers when you are holding ground and need a unit to move around flanks to hit enemy units as they attempt to take points back. I would also choose falls if he invests heavily in tanks, or appears to be doing so for access to Fausts (use hold fire in cover to cloak at vet 1, then snare the tank as soon as it takes a little damage, use raketen to make it that much worse for him). I would go Obers when I have time to build up to a great AI unit and want to pick a commander with more late game, since I cannot reliably expect Obers to help me make it through mid game.
7 Jan 2016, 21:51 PM

hi , if u saw maxim spam u dont need certain commander to deal with it ava :) make 3volks then medic try to make about 2 isg(leig)think to flank them with volks(grenade)over time u saw no more spam. choose proper doc for urself that u comfortable with it,just know all point and weakpoint about your doc,GL
7 Jan 2016, 23:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 21:51 PMSoheil
hi , if u saw maxim spam u dont need certain commander to deal with it ava :) make 3volks then medic try to make about 2 isg(leig)think to flank them with volks(grenade)over time u saw no more spam. choose proper doc for urself that u comfortable with it,just know all point and weakpoint about your doc,GL

AVA, here's an example how one beats a maximspam (although...is it really spam? With 6 men a maxim is basically another infantry squad but with an HMG.

Anyway, he fucked up by getting his first maxim killed.
I cut off his fuel
put schwerer on my cutoffs/fuel pt. (although if he had massed AT guns it would be easy for schwerer to be taken out as there was no shot blocker in front of it.

Idk what level of play you're at, but posting replays so people can look at specific problems is good. You can make your own strategy thread with replay(s) attached, or you can make posts in the replay review section so they get some more attention!

ex: I made my own maxim strat thread a few weeks ago: http://www.coh2.org/topic/46666/maxims-in-1v1
Perhaps looking at the how to on the other end can help you solve the issues you're having! Everything suggested previously is great advice and is coming from players better than myself.
3 Mar 2016, 10:42 AM

Thx Imagelessbean and Hector for these great tipps (and everyone else), could you give us some thoughts about the new commanders.

My toughts:
The Firestorm Commander seems to be good against Inf Spam and on urban maps. But i m not sure if the tank is good, because a flame tank without 360° tower seems to fail against 2-3 at inf and the commander will be also useless in late game, so for 3v3/4v4 not really viable.

I have no idea about the overwatch
AVA
3 Mar 2016, 13:20 PM

Thx Imagelessbean and Hector for these great tipps (and everyone else), could you give us some thoughts about the new commanders.

My toughts:
The Firestorm Commander seems to be good against Inf Spam and on urban maps. But i m not sure if the tank is good, because a flame tank without 360° tower seems to fail against 2-3 at inf and the commander will be also useless in late game, so for 3v3/4v4 not really viable.

I have no idea about the overwatch

Firestorm is really not good at all, but is fun to use.

The 3 default commanders are excellent though.

Top tier OKW commanders: Luftwaffe, Breakthrough, Spec ops & Scavenge.
I personally don't like scavenge, as I prefer to have Falls or Fusiliers over Jeager Light infantry.
Spec ops is great, because you can get a command panther without needing the werfer + the inf nades are always good.

3 Mar 2016, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 13:20 PMAVA

Firestorm is really not good at all, but is fun to use.

The 3 default commanders are excellent though.

Top tier OKW commanders: Luftwaffe, Breakthrough, Spec ops & Scavenge.
I personally don't like scavenge, as I prefer to have Falls or Fusiliers over Jeager Light infantry.
Spec ops is great, because you can get a command panther without needing the werfer + the inf nades are always good.

fire storm just good +spec ops flare to kill howtzer imo, but overwatch is usefull 1)medic overwatch 2)anti blob goliath 3)that air strafe if u see no bofor u can easilly use that air attack m5 cant kill it easilly and usa Aa halftrack take time to kill it ,so u will comfortable whit this doc,although my best commander is breakthrough(g43 fussilier) most usefull unit then if late game mythy jt,also that arty ;).all okw commanders is usefull.
4 Mar 2016, 06:46 AM

i like the breaktrough too, but i never get the fussilier over vet 2, they die so easy. Every Inf Unit else (expect pios) are very often between vet 3-5 but never the fussiliers, these fuc.kers just love to die
4 Mar 2016, 21:12 PM

i like the breaktrough too, but i never get the fussilier over vet 2, they die so easy. Every Inf Unit else (expect pios) are very often between vet 3-5 but never the fussiliers, these fuc.kers just love to die

imo fussiliers more than volks and engneers,6squad good enough to survive,although u can move and attack with g43 but just keep them in cover .they are the best infantries for okw: 1)6squad never wipout easilly 2)better reinforce speed than ober or pio or falsh... as u know okw should be more agressive so need reinforce speed 3)they have nade vs tank the necessary ability 4)good fighter vs alies infantry
6 Mar 2016, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 06:12 AMRappy
This is a scenario for the much maligned Flammpanzer Hetzer.

Or for a more rounded Doc, go with the IR-StG44s and use the infiltration grenades to clear maxims from oblique angles and in particular in buildings.

Agree on the commander but hetzer comes @ 8 CPs go flamer sturmies instead and make the feel warm
:)
6 Mar 2016, 08:54 AM

If u dont hav enough munies for flamer go luchs
Dont be tempted to go LEIG or flack halftrack(takes toooooo long to set up)
6 Mar 2016, 09:01 AM

Luvtwaffe - mg 34

Scavenger - building control (inf. nades)
oswind

It is what you need. Crowd control or some AI tank later on .

Falls - high DPS , low recieved acc (die so fast) , camo with vet , faust
JLI - mediocre DPS , great survivability (with vet they get great recieved acc bonuses) , cheapest , multiple abilities , sniping potential (member with less than 70% of hp)
Obers - need tech , expensive , great DPS , great surivability , insane vet (vet 2 = terminator squad , vet 3 , 5 = bigger surivability , vet 4 = lmg supress)

All of them are weak against tanks , only falls can damage engine. They all dont like exposives and rekt infantry if supported

Ostwind comes late
How r u going to use jegar nades wen they dont hav them until they hav been out of combat for 2 mins.
So u dont hav nade if u spawn from flanking building
So wats the use of foing jegars?????:lolol::facepalm:
6 Mar 2016, 10:56 AM

Ostwind comes late
How r u going to use jegar nades wen they dont hav them until they hav been out of combat for 2 mins.
So u dont hav nade if u spawn from flanking building
So wats the use of foing jegars?????:lolol::facepalm:

You have nades also for volks and dont get me wrong but now nades kill building in one go.

Jaegers are long range marksmans best used with other infantry , you can call them from building and capture that building to win fight . They are not mean to yolo buildings with nades i said this commader give you building control , not jaegers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★