Login

russian armor

Mid-game confusion

2 Jan 2016, 05:02 AM

Hello all,

I'm currently getting back into CoH and I've been getting much better with my start game with the Germans.

My standard BO is generally:
1 Pios> build > cap
2 MG to defensive point (my fuel or a choke)
3 Volks
4 Volks

My first question is - what is the determining factor in deciding whether to get a third volk, second MG or a sniper/mortar?

After the 5th unit, I tend to tech and build.

My next question - I generally go scout into PAK40, but I feel like I'm always building this blindly and don't really know what determines my next purchase from tier 2. It seems like that when I get into this stage of the game I am absolutely clueless and tend to not know when to tech to 3 or what to build.

What is everyone's advice re: tier 2 and beyond?

Any links to previous posts would be appreciated also.

Thanks guys,

Brezzab
7 Jan 2016, 11:24 AM

Sniper is always a great choice against usf and brits, against soviets you're not going to get too much bleed going but it's nice to have anyways

Get one or two mortars against Maxim spammers or against emplacements

From T2 you should get a 222 if your opponent has light vehicles on the field, and after that a Pak40 and possibly PzGren if your manpower allows you to

When you're in a comfortable spot, build T3 and get a PzIV and a second pak from T2

After this you should get a call in tank, Tiger is a great choice but if you don't use a commander with tiger go for T4 Panther -> PzWerfer
7 Jan 2016, 13:18 PM

Hello.

I do agree on the sniper thing. I would even recommand delaying your PAK as much as possible, but i am a little biaised as i tend to like building a lot of core infantery.
I rarely spend a lot of money on T2 past 1) a 222 2) a pgren and 3) a PAK and tend to beeline to T3 which i see as the perfect tier for german.
On T3 i rarely go P4 on my first choice and tend to prefer the cheap StuG. Next choice is depending on what i see.
I almost never go T4 on 1v1 as i prefer callins. To be worth it, you have to build at least two tanks from T4 and the game rarely goes that long.

Kozo.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS