Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe Commander obsolete after OKW overhaul?

1 Jan 2016, 14:50 PM

Guys,

my point is pretty straigt forward. Since Jagdpanzer IV went to OKW T4, a player is forced to build T4 in order to get a tank with which one can fight Allied medium or heavy tanks reliably.

As a consequence, an OKW player has always access to Obers. Why picking Luftwaffe Commander anymore?

The charme about Luftwaffe Commander before the overhaul was, that one could skip T4 and replace Obers with Fallis and use Jagdpanzer IV from the Medtruck. Right now, I just don't see a reason why to go for Luftwaffe anymore. This is pretty sad in my opinion because I liked having the option for multiple build orders. Right now, I have the feeling that the build order is pretty much pre-determined.

My solution proposal: Move Jagdpanzer IV to OKW T3 (Mechanized Regiment HQ). Since it is only good at shooting tanks, I don't expect a major impact on infantry battles. For tank battles however, the problem is that Allied light tanks will be doomed then because this tank will enter the field pretty early. On the other hand, if an OKW player plays this way, the Allied player can easily overun him with infantry because an OKW T4 will be very late (if at all). As OKW player, I would counter with Luftwaffe of course. That would even out things so that I don't expect many problems.

What do you think?

1 Jan 2016, 14:56 PM

Why don't we move Jackson to lieutenant tier? It's only good agasint tanks :)

Overrun with infantry? Jaeger, Fusiliers, Falsch... You don't need Obers at all to fight infantry.

Luftwaffe needs only 1 thing. Make the last ability useful. It's just useless run with free Falsch. I'd rather get rid of them and buff it. For 250ammo it's just pathetic.
1 Jan 2016, 15:01 PM

Your comment about being forced into the same build is an issue with every faction at the moment apart from Pr0steer who have a few competent build orders. IMO the JP4 is the best medium TD in the game. It out classes SU85, Jackson, SU76. It's fine where it is. You can still go T4 and get Falls.
1 Jan 2016, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 15:01 PMpugzii
Your comment about being forced into the same build is an issue with every faction at the moment apart from Pr0steer who have a few competent build orders. IMO the JP4 is the best medium TD in the game. It out classes SU85, Jackson, SU76. It's fine where it is. You can still go T4 and get Falls.

Yes, you can go T4 and get Fallis, but what is the advantage? Obers can do the same job. I would rather go Elite Armored Doctrine or Fortifications Doctrine in order to support my T4 build with armor piercing rounds or PAK43.
1 Jan 2016, 15:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes, you can go T4 and get Fallis, but what is the advantage? Obers can do the same job.

No need to buy an upgrade, stealth, better CQC DPS, Panzerfausts?
1 Jan 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 15:09 PMVuther

No need to buy an upgrade, stealth, better CQC DPS, Panzerfausts?

Obers are more robust and after their upgrade, they can handle any infantry. They supress infantry with Vet 4. What else do you want?

Going for Luftwaffe is giving too much redundancy.
1 Jan 2016, 15:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Obers are more robust and after their upgrade, they can handle any infantry. The supress infantry with Vet 4. What else do you want?

Going for Luftwaffe is giving too much redundancy.

To place more mines and damage tanks' engines? I can understand your preference, but there's not zero reason to use Falls. You might still feel the actual practical implementation of the distinctions misses the mark, but I'd still say the concept exists. (ALSO, REDUCE HMG34'S VET REQUIREMENTS)
1 Jan 2016, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 15:22 PMVuther

To place more mines and damage tanks' engines? I can understand your preference, but there's not zero reason to use Falls. You might still feel the actual practical implementation of the distinctions misses the mark, but I'd still say the concept exists. (ALSO, REDUCE HMG34'S VET REQUIREMENTS)

But why Luftwaffe? Scavenge Doctrine also provides some solid anti inf that saves you ammunition to place mines. The charme of Luftwaffe was that it enabled you to skip a tier and allow for a different gameplay. After the overhaul, that particular difference in gameplay is not provided anymore.
1 Jan 2016, 15:57 PM

You don't have to go for obers. Keep it the same as it's now
1 Jan 2016, 16:15 PM

Of all the things gone horribly insane about OKW this is your complaint? :rofl:
1 Jan 2016, 16:40 PM

Yes I agree Falls and Jaeger should be moved to out of map
1 Jan 2016, 19:19 PM

Guys,

my point is pretty straigt forward. Since Jagdpanzer IV went to OKW T4, a player is forced to build T4 in order to get a tank with which one can fight Allied medium or heavy tanks reliably.

As a consequence, an OKW player has always access to Obers. Why picking Luftwaffe Commander anymore?

The charme about Luftwaffe Commander before the overhaul was, that one could skip T4 and replace Obers with Fallis and use Jagdpanzer IV from the Medtruck. Right now, I just don't see a reason why to go for Luftwaffe anymore. This is pretty sad in my opinion because I liked having the option for multiple build orders. Right now, I have the feeling that the build order is pretty much pre-determined.

My solution proposal: Move Jagdpanzer IV to OKW T3 (Mechanized Regiment HQ). Since it is only good at shooting tanks, I don't expect a major impact on infantry battles. For tank battles however, the problem is that Allied light tanks will be doomed then because this tank will enter the field pretty early. On the other hand, if an OKW player plays this way, the Allied player can easily overun him with infantry because an OKW T4 will be very late (if at all). As OKW player, I would counter with Luftwaffe of course. That would even out things so that I don't expect many problems.

What do you think?

Bruh, first off Mg 34. Second off, falls are dank, because they can be deployed within buildings. Second, the commander has needed to be buffed for a long time, the build able flak emplacement is weak, expensive, and easily de-crewed, the valiant assault ability is kinda trash for the cost and what it does, same as the last ability. At this point, We need a wirblewind to fix this doctrine.
1 Jan 2016, 19:34 PM

Obers can't instantly spawn behind enemy lines during a critical engagement and de-crew some key support weapon with a grenade and high DPS FG42 fire.
1 Jan 2016, 19:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

the commander has needed to be buffed for a long time, the build able flak emplacement is weak, expensive, and easily de-crewed...

I keep forgetting that thing exists too

I think I remember the 45mm ATG more than I remember Flak Emplacements.
1 Jan 2016, 19:54 PM

Maybe it is good because it give okw what they lack mid game ?

Supression platform aka mg34 and pseudo elite infantry so they dont get overun by allied infntry and so they can survive ?

But what I know about this game ...
1 Jan 2016, 20:16 PM
Donator 11

Seems like everybody forgot that hans used luftwaffe literally every single game as okw in the kick up cup and won the whole thing.
1 Jan 2016, 20:52 PM

Falls in houses are insane, since you can keep them longer with 4 squad members. I won multiple key moments because of popping falls in buildings to kill them.
1 Jan 2016, 21:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Falls in houses are insane, since you can keep them longer with 4 squad members. I won multiple key moments because of popping falls in buildings to kill them.

I don't quite understand what you're saying, do you mean garrisoning the building the Falls have spawned out of?
1 Jan 2016, 21:35 PM

You mean having elite infantry available in your tech tree makes call-in infantry redundant? I can totally see your problem.

Falls are excellent at mopping up team weapons so as allies you basically have to burn down houses around you or keep additional units around.
Oh and yeah they kill kats with just small arms...
1 Jan 2016, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 21:35 PMBasti
You mean having elite infantry available in your tech tree makes call-in infantry redundant? I can totally see your problem.

Falls are excellent at mopping up team weapons so as allies you basically have to burn down houses around you or keep additional units around.
Oh and yeah they kill kats with just small arms...

Everything kills kattys. Even kubel will make short work of it if it is caught by position.

Fallscare good because they can easily caught it out of position
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS