Login

russian armor

2v2 asking for advice

29 Dec 2015, 14:47 PM

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine (UKF) and me (SU) are looking for some advice on what we could have done better in this 2v2 vs Double OKW. Our main problem, is, as usual, the blobbing. We tried mines, demo charges, mgs...

Could someone review it and tell us what are we doing wrong, please? It would be a great help!

Thanks!

Here is the link: http://www.coh2.org/replay/46985/newbies-asking-for-some-advice
1 Jan 2016, 06:17 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 14:47 PMKirauk
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine (UKF) and me (SU) are looking for some advice on what we could have done better in this 2v2 vs Double OKW. Our main problem, is, as usual, the blobbing. We tried mines, demo charges, mgs...

Could someone review it and tell us what are we doing wrong, please? It would be a great help!

Thanks!

Here is the link: http://www.coh2.org/replay/46985/newbies-asking-for-some-advice

Hey there, I don't have time to look at your replay. However I have some suggestions, more specifically I wanted to try articulating what Canaris and I have been doing with the SU / UKF combo against double OKW. The goal here is to give you some new ideas to try, rather then criticizing your play.

Upon looking at your playercard, it seems your playing in the 3000 rank range. So you'll be encountering alot of "proper unit usage" issues more then actual overall strategies as part of your problem! So keep in mind I can describe to you effective strategies, but your ability to preserve units and attack in favorable situations is something you gain througg experience of the game.

Anyway, this works up to rank 500 or so against double OKW. Worked fine against rank 30-50 mixed. Almost won against a rank 9, but I kept throwing away kattys. OKW is a blobbly faction by design, so strategies to contain OKW must either match the blob or bleed it for existing.

Linked here are 3 games of the below outlined strategy - http://www.twitch.tv/troyd_destin/v/32934187 from the perspective of the Soviet player.

There really is no build order, as you should be building what is needed to deal with what's happening on the field.

UKF Player - Rush bofors, place it somewhere central or cutoff/fuel - but protected by your combined arms. This is especially useful against a luchs rush player. Place a mortar pit just behind it to put on the bleed and deal with any whermacht mortars. The bofors is designed to create a "light vehicle" safe zone and guarantee resources for your side. The mortar is there to bleed your opponent, counter barrage whermacht mortars and deny cover to opposing infantry units. Fight under the mortar range umbrella as UKF as much as possible.

With your solidified position, get a at gun/cromwell/sniper (whatever you need) and use your infantry to control the region opposing your bofors. Build into fireflies or 17 pounder if they go KT, those sorts of things.

Overall, blunt/bleed the OKW offensives, then push up when he's exhausted and cap some ground and mine the front. Remember to mine all the approaches, houses (for squad spawns) and your flank.

You can use british engineers to survive any indirect heavy builds axis might go to try and kill your structures. So be sure to brace/stand fast appropriately. The other option is to go one of the two croc doctrines in order to introduce flame blob control in the late game (fireflies behind it supporting).

SU Player - Get a bunch of mgs on the field (2 or so) some cons, a mortar or two. Hold/push the flank of the british player. Use your MGs to delays OKW blob advances then smash the suppressed units with your consscripts at close range. If you're not near the bofors, then consider an AT gun before 8 mins (or if he goes flak truck).When you gain ground, make sure you mine common paths in order to keep the bleed up on any advance. Oh while we're here.

MACHINE GUNS ARE BACKLINE UNITS NOT FRONT LINE UNITS.

After you've got a good core team weapon setup, you would then build according to your doctrine - preferably chosen to counter whatever their doctrines are - so identify what they are doing as early as possible. If you haven't killed the luchs for example, consider getting a t70 or su-76. Are they stuka spamming? get some spammable t34s ready on a flank.

I find ML-20 doctrines highly effective against OKW, since they lack the stuka dive bomb to one shot it. If they don't go scavange or furerstrum they won't have a chance at one shoting it. If you can keep an ml-20 alive - it grants the ability to shell his retreat point after you've forced a retreat, or create pressure/clear his structures with no risk. The OKW will be forced to spend manpower on sturm pios trying to fix his structures. Additionaly, building an ml-20 frees up fuel to spend on things like su-76s and su-85, or T-34 spam. Whatever you need to deal with his 1 or 2 tanks.

Overall, you want to focus on killing threats to the british structures and bleeding the OKW as much as possible. ISGs, flanking stukas. You know the drill. Build units that support this goal and work with your doctrine.

Two biggest threats to your team (I've found)

Luchs @ around 8 mins - Early shock, can rip up light units that are on their own.
Stukas @ start around 10 mins, these can put serious pressure on the british structures.

Things to note in the twitch stream higlight thing

- Notice how we identify the enemy doctrines as soon as possible.
- notice how we pivto around the bofors
- notice how we push right after bleeding an OKW offensive.
- Notice how we use indirect to pressure their forward structures, thus forcing them to comitt more resources on those structures.
- Notice how we use MGs to control infantry flow, not necessarily kill infantry.
- Notice how I mitigate flame/infiltration grenades by moving team weapons just the right time. Or try to prevent it by using units to get enough vision to suppress them early enough.

Feel free to ask follow up questions, I know this is just a large page of information - regurgitated at moments notice.
4 Jan 2016, 11:23 AM

Wow. Just wow. Thank you so much for the detailled answer and the video!

We will be trying your advices and will ask again if needed. But, again: thank you!
4 Jan 2016, 11:35 AM

i'm not 100% agree with Troyd, but what he texted should definitely help you. ;)

And remember don't charge to their blob, especially with tanks. Keep distance, use mgs and green cover.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★