Login

russian armor

Solution for reduce Blob?

29 Dec 2015, 13:49 PM

Dear all,
I play usually British and my level is noob (but this is not a problem). Currently I don't have fun with this game, when I see a group of 3, 4 or 5 unit of my opponent, I understand that 30 or 40 minutes of my time will lost... I have more fun when I play 1v1 with AI...
I ask you, is not possible to introduce a penalty of performance (damage, accuracy, speed) when 2 or more units fight together? (Blob strategy)

For example:
- the performance of a alone unit is 100%;
- when a second unit of the same player or allied fight at a distance of 15-20 meters of the first unit, both units receive a penalty of 20% of performance;
- with a third unit another penalty of 20% of performance for the 3 units, and so on...

After 2 or 3 units, the blob is not convenient; 3 units with a single MP cost of 250 have a total cost of 750 MP, but an efficient of 480 MP (64%)... nobody build units to have a lower performance.
I think that in this way the micro managing will be encouraged.

What do you think about?

Bye
29 Dec 2015, 13:50 PM

Although I like the idea to let people play more strategic, it will probably not work :(
31 Dec 2015, 00:21 AM

CoH is a blob-based game.

You have factions who are encouraged to blob (OKW for instance) and then you have anti-blob tools (arty/avre for instance).

31 Dec 2015, 01:24 AM

CoH is a blob-based game.

You have factions who are encouraged to blob (OKW for instance) and then you have anti-blob tools (arty/avre for instance).

Same excuse used by lelic and their balance designer.

Why its impossible to blob in Dawn of War 2 ? Why one MG could counter blob with 100% effectiveness, forcing blober to lose over and over again?

Hell, why this game even has cover system, flanking system and so-on, its blob based game, we don't need all this kind of stuff. Lets make coh2 like a starcraft.

Blobs is fail of coh2 and direct fail of relic developers. There are 1001 ways to fix blobing problem, but no we only hear "its always will be blobs".
31 Dec 2015, 01:40 AM

Same excuse used by lelic and their balance designer.

Why its impossible to blob in Dawn of War 2 ? Why one MG could counter blob with 100% effectiveness, forcing blober to lose over and over again?

Hell, why this game even has cover system, flanking system and so-on, its blob based game, we don't need all this kind of stuff. Lets make coh2 like a starcraft.

Blobs is fail of coh2 and direct fail of relic developers. There are 1001 ways to fix blobing problem, but no we only hear "its always will be blobs".

How ya doin, cultist.
31 Dec 2015, 01:59 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 13:49 PMKabuby
...both units receive a penalty of 20% of performance;...

What do you mean by "performance"? An all around debuff of 20% on everything?

20 meters is quite a huge distance. Think about a whole 40 meters of space that can't / shouldn't have a second infantry squad nearby - impossible on some maps, really bad for lots of compositions.

If you retreat, and multiple squads are in the same area, what happens then?

31 Dec 2015, 02:51 AM

you know what I love about brits?

zero blobbing.
31 Dec 2015, 02:55 AM

31 Dec 2015, 08:51 AM

you know what I love about brits?

zero blobbing.

Sometimes, you can try to blob with royal engineers.
31 Dec 2015, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 01:59 AMkamk

What do you mean by "performance"? An all around debuff of 20% on everything?

20 meters is quite a huge distance. Think about a whole 40 meters of space that can't / shouldn't have a second infantry squad nearby - impossible on some maps, really bad for lots of compositions.

If you retreat, and multiple squads are in the same area, what happens then?

Hi Kamk,
For "performance" I mean: damage, accuracy, speed...

I wrote 15 to 20 meters, but is just one example ... could be 4-6 meters. The goal is to discourage the blob tactic.

When you have 5 squads and retreats two squads (for example) the "damage, accuracy, speed..." of single squad improves... from 41% to 64%, see the image below (green line). The cost under the green line suggests that the cost of a Blob 5 units (for example) is 1250 MP, but is efficient as units that cost 512 MP ... and this is not convenient.

I think that in this way no one would blob larger than 2/3 squads ...

31 Dec 2015, 13:50 PM

How about just give 1-2m wide aura ability to all infantry models that gives received accuracy and received damage.

Games start to get boring when you have to build gigaton of machine guns or other suppression platforms to stop the blob and then build mortars or similars to kill them.

31 Dec 2015, 14:23 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 13:23 PMKabuby

Hi Kamk,
For "performance" I mean: damage, accuracy, speed...

I wrote 15 to 20 meters, but is just one example ... could be 4-6 meters. The goal is to discourage the blob tactic.

When you have 5 squads and retreats two squads (for example) the "damage, accuracy, speed..." of single squad improves... from 41% to 64%, see the image below (green line). The cost under the green line suggests that the cost of a Blob 5 units (for example) is 1250 MP, but is efficient as units that cost 512 MP ... and this is not convenient.

I think that in this way no one would blob larger than 2/3 squads ...
http://www.coh2.org/file/10396/coh2-blob.JPG

Personally i would highly benefit from it, and i also always loved the idea, but...

...it might severely hurt factions with forward HQs, or anyone who has to do a retreat of several squads. It would become nearly impossible to defend any kind of reinforcement point properly.
Or just imagine bottlenecks, which would become unbreakable - might indirectly buff usage of barbwire though.

My point being: rather thin line between either useless, or too strong. Your suggested 20% for "everything" is way too strong IMHO. I'd go in the more slight debuff direction, like... 10% more incoming accuracy per squad nearby in 5 meter radius, or a few percent less accuracy - stuff like that.
Edit: just to prevent misunderstandings: i like your idea, just trying to throw in some food for thought.

@Jespe: if you ATnade / Faust a tank you still need your AT to finish the job. Do the same with MGs, and keep high dps squads nearby.
31 Dec 2015, 15:28 PM

i have made a post about this where i said when you have a 3th squad within 10 or 15 m of one another have them get a penalty to recieve accuracy : 3 or more is 10% for al 3 units 4 units is -15% ect ect.

or you have a pop cap increase for the same unit so like volks is 6 popcap 2nd folks makes 7 and 3th volks makes 8 pop cap
31 Dec 2015, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 13:50 PMJespe
How about just give 1-2m wide aura ability to all infantry models that gives received accuracy and received damage.

Great idea. It would obviously need to be disabled around medical and FHQ structures+ on support units, but it would be great and quite quick solution which wouldn't have any negative effect on the game (maybe except for losing half of the playerbase, once they find out that blobbing just won't help them anymore) :thumbsup:
31 Dec 2015, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

Increase penalty for no cover/ red cover... increase firerate of units while in cover...
31 Dec 2015, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 16:02 PMSwonVIP
Increase penalty for no cover/ red cover... increase firerate of units while in cover...

so when a blob is in yellow cover of green cover it wil rape everyting
31 Dec 2015, 17:12 PM
Benefactor 355

Decreasing unit performance based on the unit/model count on a small area is not a way to go.
Such feature would drastically decrease game performance because the engine would need to calculate/keep track how close each unit/model is in relation to another unit/model at all times.

The solution to blobing might be the osttruppen/volks model. Give all units 100% of stats they currently have when they are in green cover. Outside of green cover, slightly decrease offensive capabilities for yellow and drastically for red cover. Additionally, increasing damage taken and received accuracy out of green cover might also be a good idea.
31 Dec 2015, 17:19 PM
Donator 11

so when a blob is in yellow cover of green cover it wil rape everyting

if you are able to micro the blob to cover you have deserved it.
The 0815 blob will always attack through red cover...
31 Dec 2015, 17:29 PM

If Allies didn't blob at Normandy beach and Guadalcanal, how could they win?
31 Dec 2015, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 17:19 PMSwonVIP

if you are able to micro the blob to cover you have deserved it.
The 0815 blob will always attack through red cover...

most of red cover are roads. and after a good fight haf the map at least is yellow cover and im guessing that red cover makes up 5% of a map. i would slike to see that no cover is red cover not just roads
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★