Login

russian armor

OKW MG34 pop cap problem

29 Dec 2015, 00:01 AM

Hi.. why the pop cap of mg34 is so so low (4 only), also 210mp is very cheap, it does the job better than maxim and 50cal .. pop cap is very very important factor as it will affect the mp income on all game duration, it's really obvious that OKW is spamming infantry like hell wil two mg support.

OKW player go and get two mg34 for cheeeap to lock down any infantry offensive and you will float mp and can get 3 falls/ 5 volks eith shrecks / P4 /YP for all other purposes.

29 Dec 2015, 00:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hi.. why the pop cap of mg34 is so so low (4 only), also 210mp is very cheap, it does the job better than maxim and 50cal .. pop cap is very very important factor as it will affect the mp income on all game duration, it's really obvious that OKW is spamming infantry like hell wil two mg support.

OKW player go and get two mg34 for cheeeap to lock down any infantry offensive and you will float mp and can get 3 falls/ 5 volks eith shrecks / P4 /YP for all other purposes.

It's only good at suppression and I'd say it's probably the worst HMG in-game. It doesn't do much damage which means it also has a lower vet gain and has all the disadvantages of the 42 (set-up and teardown) without the power.

Also I'm pretty sure the MG 34 is actually 5 pop cap. 1 for the gun, 1 per member of the crew is what the files tell me. The tool tip is probably bugged as that can be completely separate from what the actual unit value is. This was already found previously when the OKW patch came out for Soviet Guards when the tool-tip said 6 despite actually being 8.

29 Dec 2015, 00:32 AM

Smoke and flank, once 2 models are down mg34 has to retreat or risk losing it. Maxims have 6 men and if you want to start arguing about 50cal then explain the whole decrewing for higher popcap for americans. Come to that pak howi clears them nice and quick. Okw is poorly made, mg being doctrinal and shrek being overly essential.
I would love for the mg34 to not be doctrinal but relic has not changed it yet so it looks like it will stay as it it no matter what. I would love for shreks to be off volks but I have yet to see a good suggestion that would work and not be over powered or useless At infantry of less than 5 models is just too easy to wipe.
But since I did read any good suggestions to anything from op I guess its just L2P.
29 Dec 2015, 00:34 AM

So basically nerf the MG34, yes? How about you look at some of the other OKW units that need nerfing and leave the poor MG alone, the only thing which it needs is a slight price increase, not a flat out nerf putting it even further behind all other mgs.
29 Dec 2015, 00:41 AM

So basically nerf the MG34, yes? How about you look at some of the other OKW units that need nerfing and leave the poor MG alone, the only thing which it needs is a slight price increase, not a flat out nerf putting it even further behind all other mgs.

Nobody talked about nurf. I am discussing the low pop cap/mp price which helps okw player getting other pricey falls/obera , read before you comment
29 Dec 2015, 00:45 AM

Smoke and flank, once 2 models are down mg34 has to retreat or risk losing it. Maxims have 6 men and if you want to start arguing about 50cal then explain the whole decrewing for higher popcap for americans. Come to that pak howi clears them nice and quick. Okw is poorly made, mg being doctrinal and shrek being overly essential.
I would love for the mg34 to not be doctrinal but relic has not changed it yet so it looks like it will stay as it it no matter what. I would love for shreks to be off volks but I have yet to see a good suggestion that would work and not be over powered or useless At infantry of less than 5 models is just too easy to wipe.
But since I did read any good suggestions to anything from op I guess its just L2P.

I know how to counter mg, i am talking about pop cap. Mg34 does supression well with wide angle for only 4 pop cap, other mgs has more/less advantages with higher pop cap, simply unfair
29 Dec 2015, 00:48 AM

It's only good at suppression and I'd say it's probably the worst HMG in-game. It doesn't do much damage which means it also has a lower vet gain and has all the disadvantages of the 42 (set-up and teardown) without the power.

Also I'm pretty sure the MG 34 is actually 5 pop cap. 1 for the gun, 1 per member of the crew is what the files tell me. The tool tip is probably bugged as that can be completely separate from what the actual unit value is. This was already found previously when the OKW patch came out for Soviet Guards when the tool-tip said 6 despite actually being 8.

I am sure its better than maxim, less damage but very good wide angle, anyhow if it's 5 pop cap in reality its some how fair, need Confirmation
29 Dec 2015, 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's fine.
If you think that it's better than a maxim or .50 that means that you want an MG that you can setup and forget. Both fulfill a different role than the MG42 or MG34.
29 Dec 2015, 06:12 AM

It's fine.
If you think that it's better than a maxim or .50 that means that you want an MG that you can setup and forget. Both fulfill a different role than the MG42 or MG34.

While I do love the .50 cal for dealing w/ Volk spam, I think the 4-man .50 cal is overpriced at 280 MP. It's so hilariously easy to wipe w/ a Rifle grenade that it's barely worth building against Ostheer.

Needs one extra squad member or a price drop to 260 or something and it'd be fine.
29 Dec 2015, 22:05 PM

280 is way expensive in my opinionfor 50 cal which require tech upgrade, the suprior mg42 is 260 only and available without teching
29 Dec 2015, 22:13 PM

Correction, 50. cal is worst MG in game.
29 Dec 2015, 22:23 PM

There is no problem with the MG34....unlike some aspects of the OKW faction.
30 Dec 2015, 08:20 AM

The pop should be increased to 5 or 6,at least 5. A lot of units' pop cost should be changed slightly. Another instance is the Partisans which cost only 4 pop. Just laughing at Wehr poineers whose pop cost has been increased to 6.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS