PAGES (4)down
24 Dec 2015, 15:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Didn't see this on here yet. From the @companyheroes on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/companyheroes/status/679857709890547712

And on the COH2 homepage:
http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/12/22/esl-call-for-casters

Let's see to it that the best COH2 casters get their due! I am blatantly rooting for GeneralsGentlemen, A_E, SNF, and tightrope. If IcemanJoker & FestiveLongJohns and Romeo ever reappear with casts I'd be all over that too. For myself, I'm going to have a baby soon, have no idea what the meta is like, and have to do a Master's thesis, so I'm sitting this one out. Good luck to the casters! To other viewers like me, vote early and often!
24 Dec 2015, 15:47 PM
Donator 11

I'm up for co-casting. My connection isn't squeeky clean, so I'd be willing to take backseat for input.
24 Dec 2015, 16:02 PM

Didn't see this on here yet. From the @companyheroes on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/companyheroes/status/679857709890547712

And on the COH2 homepage:
http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/12/22/esl-call-for-casters

Let's see to it that the best COH2 casters get their due! I am blatantly rooting for GeneralsGentlemen, A_E, SNF, and tightrope. If IcemanJoker & FestiveLongJohns and Romeo ever reappear with casts I'd be all over that too. For myself, I'm going to have a baby soon, have no idea what the meta is like, and have to do a Master's thesis, so I'm sitting this one out. Good luck to the casters! To other viewers like me, vote early and often!

Congratulation on the baby CH.

To bad that you are not casting anymore, missed your "ehm's" :nahnah: JK. Hope to see you back soon. I know how it is with a baby. I actually awaiting my second one :D

Nice choices you picked for Casting, They are my favourite casters too.

Hope to see them at ESL!
24 Dec 2015, 16:04 PM
Benefactor 115

All this proves to me is how little attention Relic pays to the community that has grown around it's game.

If they truly had their finger on the pulse they would be bold enough to put forward casters that best represented the game, the community and their brand.

As it stands they just come across as weak and insipid. They are a truly mendacious pack of charlatans.

It's also fucking ridiculous that people's hard efforts are reward by allowing them to use a corporate logo on their casts. Truly woeful.

Side Note: Congratulations computer heat, I'm sure your partner and yourself will make wonderful parents.
24 Dec 2015, 16:04 PM

I put in a thing too

I'm not the worst thing ever please think of me too
24 Dec 2015, 16:07 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

PRIZE

The winner(s) of the Call for Casters competition will become an official partner of ESL for the Go4 CoH2 ESL Tournament Series and will have the rights to use ESL logo and branding in their YouTube and Twitch channels for CoH2 tournament matches.

I'm offended by the notion that the right to do advertising for ESL is supposed to be some kind of prize that you can win. That's utterly ridiculous. They must really think we're a bunch of chumps to buy into that.
24 Dec 2015, 16:11 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm offended by the notion that the right to do advertising for ESL is supposed to be some kind of prize that you can win. That's utterly ridiculous. They must really think we're a bunch of chumps to buy into that.

Yah, it's fucking ridiculous. At the bare minimum they should have the chosen casters flown out to the ESL studios to cast the finals. You would have thought all that "premium" DLC whoring would have at least paid a flight for one or two people.
24 Dec 2015, 16:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Oh man, this doesn't look good. I have a feeling that this will shred the community even more. Sinking ship?
24 Dec 2015, 16:37 PM

look guys obviously esports is just advertising, this is not news. If it doesn't sit well with you just stay out of it. ESL.plexy here I come
24 Dec 2015, 16:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Thanks guys :wub:

Re the contest: Yeah. The "prizes" aren't exactly scintillating. Unless the players are going to be forced to play their games with obs mode disabled or with a password, it's not like they can even prevent other casters from just straight up simulcasting. I still think people here should vote just to make sure that one of the COH2.ORG community members wins. We're the best COH community, the casters who are on here regularly are the best, and I have no shame in being elitist about that.

I put in a thing too

I'm not the worst thing ever please think of me too

You and A_E made a great duo for the LND tourney. MAKE TEAM! Also I follow you on Twitter so I know in which ways you are actually the worst ;)
24 Dec 2015, 16:39 PM

yeah, I won't deny that my casting isn't exactly the worst part of my personality
A_E
24 Dec 2015, 16:42 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Computer Heat link me your entry dude, will give it a like or thumbs up in twitter. Would love to collab with you at some point ESL or not!

Addressing the negative points casting is actually a pleasurable hobby for me I don't want a penny for it, and see casting high level tournament play as a great honour. I approach it as a for-fun performance that I personally get a lot out of! If Relic use that for marketing purposes that's great! I love this game series and want to see more people a part of it. If that makes me a shill or whatever, so be it.

24 Dec 2015, 16:52 PM
Patrion 14

yeah, I won't deny that my casting isn't exactly the worst part of my personality

If your production quality isn't up to standards I will come over and tickle you to death. You've been warned :snfQuinn:
24 Dec 2015, 17:00 PM

If your production quality isn't up to standards I will come over and tickle you to death. You've been warned :snfQuinn:
That's not exactly an incentive for me to cast better :hansGASM:
24 Dec 2015, 17:06 PM
Patrion 14

That's not exactly an incentive for me to cast better :hansGASM:

*lewdness intensifies*
25 Dec 2015, 09:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

This just in, the next Super bowl's commentary team will be chosen by likes on a Youtube video.... lol

I can't participate because these are on Monday morning for me (side note nice job for excluding everyone in Asia & Australasia from ESL)
25 Dec 2015, 10:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Brother Dusty and I may sign up for this MingLee.

Can we use previous casts?

maybe MingLee can join too

Inshallah
25 Dec 2015, 10:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I won't talk about the points (valid/invalid depending on each one's point of view) a lot of you guys have raised but I will just say this: good luck to all the casters that are going to become the official ESL casting team for the Go4COH2 Cup! ;)

Considering in the past COH2.ORG casted/streamed the COH2 ESL related tournaments (as it can be easy found on our YT channel) I hope someone from our staff group would step in and bring some exciting casts! :p

Speaking of myself, I sadly do not have enough free time to do this kind of work for fun (and probably won't even have the time to breath in the upcoming months) but at this day I see incredibly talented casting teams that if brought in by Relic would produce professional shows with high entertainment value! (so don't be scared and step in guys!)

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year, may the Force be with COH2, always!
25 Dec 2015, 11:12 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I hope they atleast contacted some of the casters prior to this announcement. Otherwise this seems very poor.
25 Dec 2015, 12:40 PM
Patrion 14

Since i don´t own Twitter i can´t take part. Good luck everyone. I guess they want a english speaking caster anyway.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 94
France 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak