Login

russian armor

Experience from mines.

24 Dec 2015, 14:45 PM

We all know how CE or Pio stuggle to get vet once they are upgraded with sweeper.
So here's a thought.
Why can't they get experience from mines? I mean, not exp just from planting, but from successful detonate. Each models killed by mine, each dead or crippled tank would provide some experience.

Same goes for sweeping. Each disarmed mine would provied some amount of experience.
24 Dec 2015, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

sounds good to me
24 Dec 2015, 14:52 PM

The idea is flooding around for a while now and i honestly cant see a single con but so many pro's for this idea!

+1
24 Dec 2015, 14:55 PM

PS

Of course we don't want army of vet 5 SP and vet 3 Engis, so the amount of experirnce would be quite small, but still enought to give you vet over time.
24 Dec 2015, 15:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

PS

Of course we don't want army of vet 5 SP and vet 3 Engis, so the amount of experirnce would be quite small, but still enought to give you vet over time.

Could just not give it to WFA and UKF. Not like SPs can't put away sweepers and REs (uh, both factions) can't still upgrade a weapon. In fact, perhaps they could make getting XP from it reserved only for Pios/CEs upgraded a sweeper?
24 Dec 2015, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 15:04 PMVuther

Could just not give it to WFA and UKF. Not like SPs can't put away sweepers and REs (uh, both factions) can't still upgrade a weapon. In fact, perhaps they could make getting XP from it reserved only for Pios/CEs upgraded a sweeper?

That's an option as well, for vanila faction to have some bonuses, just like WFA factions.
24 Dec 2015, 15:20 PM

Finally you would have the actual thrill of sending your combat engineers into an S-mine field. The xp flowers, I can already see them :hansGASM:
24 Dec 2015, 15:58 PM
Donator 33

I think that units in COH 1 got XP from the mines they planted, since i remember getting veterancy on PanzerGrenadiers once a enemy M8 armored car exploded on a tellermine that they had laid down
24 Dec 2015, 16:03 PM

I like the Idea of XP from defusing mines but not from kills, seems like it would be a tad broken. Plus would that count demos as well? That would be too easy.
24 Dec 2015, 16:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 16:03 PMCafo
I like the Idea of XP from defusing mines but not from kills, seems like it would be a tad broken. Plus would that count demos as well? That would be too easy.

I think there is already a limitation on how much XP a unit can receive at once (which is why the mother of all blobs hit by an RGD-33 won't instantly turn a Guard squad to vet 3), but if they were to give XP from kills, it should definitely be strictly limited so CEs can't get like a whole vet rank because a KT killed itself on one of their mines.
24 Dec 2015, 16:25 PM

So you mean like in coh1? no because it was good, relic will leave it shitty as it is :thumb:
24 Dec 2015, 18:00 PM

What of CE and Pioneers (with minesweepers) earning veterancy from nearby units similar to how USF Officers earn it from nearby USF infantry. This mostly notable with the Major who can only vet up safely when other USF troops are fighting around him earning the XP for him. This would make up for the lost of combat power and they are meant to be slightly behind the line supporting by detecting mines.
24 Dec 2015, 19:05 PM

So you mean like in coh1? no because it was good, relic will leave it shitty as it is :thumb:

Lol
24 Dec 2015, 22:01 PM

Right, vet 5 SP, or vet 3 RE with BARs and vet 3 RE with hammer and brens is not something we want. They can vet quite easily, or at least easier than CE and Pio.
But for CE and Pio, vetting by defusing mines is a thing in my opinion.
24 Dec 2015, 23:13 PM
Developer Relic Badge

If that could be implemented, sure, but why not make the sweeper package boost the repair rates for these units so they're not reliant on needing mines to go off successfully or to find them in the first place which is not always viable (USF lack of mines for example)?
24 Dec 2015, 23:48 PM
Donator 11

I support the idea for ost and sov. Too bad there is no poll :(
25 Dec 2015, 00:14 AM

If that could be implemented, sure, but why not make the sweeper package boost the repair rates for these units so they're not reliant on needing mines to go off successfully or to find them in the first place which is not always viable (USF lack of mines for example)?

Becasue they still woule be impossible to vet :P How many times have you seen vet 3 CE with sweeper?
Plus it adds huge flavour to the game (at least in my opinion).

When the late game hits, and you need to make another CE/Pio, they won't gain vet from battle, not a chance. Sweeping mines is best way for it.
25 Dec 2015, 00:17 AM

Finally you would have the actual thrill of sending your combat engineers into an S-mine field. The xp flowers, I can already see them :hansGASM:

I hope the amount of xp earned would be proportional to the amount of Munitions invested.

Also this shouldnt apply to demo charges.
25 Dec 2015, 00:20 AM

I hope the amount of xp earned would be proportional to the amount of Munitions invested.

Also this shouldnt apply to demo charges.

Well, you can't "sweep" demo, and demo is not automatic like mines so there is no discuss about demos giving vet :)

I can imagine, that disarming whole s-mine field would give around 30% of exp bar, same for teller or M20 mines, while OKW, SU and Brits mines would provide 15% of the bar.
25 Dec 2015, 00:28 AM

Well, you can't "sweep" demo, and demo is not automatic like mines so there is no discuss about demos giving vet :)

I can imagine, that disarming whole s-mine field would give around 30% of exp bar, same for teller or M20 mines, while OKW, SU and Brits mines would provide 15% of the bar.

That sounds fair. Id say give them even more vet from sweeping but less from making kills.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★