Login

russian armor

Pak 43 vs 17 Pounder Population costs.

26 Dec 2015, 17:10 PM

Pak43 doesn't shoot through hills right? I'm sure I've seen it get shot blocked by ground terrain after an unfortunate placement. I'm a bit confused about the shoot through everything comments.
26 Dec 2015, 17:59 PM

Also for reference in CoH1 the 17-pdr took 3 pop (I would've made an Axis comparison but they had no emplacements). Did that cause problems? did it make the unit overpowered? I don't get where CoH2 got its enormous pop costs from or why, instead of balancing around resources and a roomy but existing pop cap we now have a balance around not being able to make a complete army because you can't make more units. Why? did it get it from DoW2 where it was a terrible idea too?

Flak 88. It was awesome. I don't remember what kind of pop cap it had, but the only time I remember pop cap ever affecting my game in vCoH was when I was pushed back and cut off from my territory. But that was always a result of mass retreats and getting completely pushed off the field, (which in vcoh was virtually a loss in and of itself, but is apparently acceptable for coh2.)
27 Dec 2015, 01:33 AM

Pak43 doesn't shoot through hills right? I'm sure I've seen it get shot blocked by ground terrain after an unfortunate placement. I'm a bit confused about the shoot through everything comments.

it's still affected by scatter: if RNGesus rolls a miss, the projectile will still travel roughly towards the target and has a chance of still hitting the target. But it will hit stuff that is in the way, like for example terrain.
27 Dec 2015, 02:16 AM

you dont get it,BOTH units are not frontline units.

the 17 pounder is not a front line emplacement wanna know why?

cause then even enemy AT guns can hit it so good luck trying to repair it when 2 at guns fire at it WHILE you get barraged to death.

Don believe me? play any game mode,try to build it on the front lines then report your results.

the best comparison to them would be the Werhmacht sniper compared to the Soviet sniper,one happens to be more deadly(werhmcaht sniper/pak 43) the other happens to be a little more durable (soviet sniper/17 pounder) one thing is certain THEY ATTACK AT MAX RANGE.

Bravo!
+1
28 Dec 2015, 20:42 PM

cr4wler...

playercard please
28 Dec 2015, 21:43 PM

compare to 17pounder, Pak43 is so fragile
28 Dec 2015, 22:27 PM

compare to 17pounder, Pak43 is so fragile

if you would care to read the comments within the thread you will see this has been discussed at length and heavily disputed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★