Login

russian armor

OKW Trucks No Self Destruct

22 Dec 2015, 00:11 AM

Hi All,

Long time player, first time poster (plz be gentle).

I noticed, as of the latest patch (Dec 13), the OKW trucks / headquarters are no longer able to initiate a self destruct sequence.
Can anyone else confirm?

As an OKW player, this was very valuable as I would rely heavily on my Battle Group HQ to constantly push front lines... Now I need to wait for it to be destroyed :(

Sincerely,
S
22 Dec 2015, 00:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They changed it in the December 3rd Patch.
22 Dec 2015, 02:27 AM

They changed it in the December 3rd Patch.

Thanks Mr Rockets!
I did go through the change log but failed to spot that change.

What does everyone think of giving the OKW HQ's a "re-pack" option?
It will obviously cost some manpower and fuel, but it will give you the option of moving buildings forward.
22 Dec 2015, 03:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks Mr Rockets!
I did go through the change log but failed to spot that change.

What does everyone think of giving the OKW HQ's a "re-pack" option?
It will obviously cost some manpower and fuel, but it will give you the option of moving buildings forward.

Too much like the British cancer in CoH1. I never want to see this again.
22 Dec 2015, 03:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2015, 03:20 AMTobis

Too much like the British cancer in CoH1. I never want to see this again.

British Cancer?
Why do you recon that mate?

My reasoning behind my argument is, OKW area meant to be an agile force always on the move.
If you wont move trucks, at least give a half track for front line re-enforcements.
Seems a tad dodgy if you have all other factions re-enforce on the move, and yet the one that should have it the most doesnt.
22 Dec 2015, 03:49 AM

British Cancer?
Why do you recon that mate?

My reasoning behind my argument is, OKW area meant to be an agile force always on the move.
If you wont move trucks, at least give a half track for front line re-enforcements.
Seems a tad dodgy if you have all other factions re-enforce on the move, and yet the one that should have it the most doesnt.
In the first CoH, the Germans were basically going on a hunting spree to find where the British trucks where located. What made it difficult was enemy units that prevented it. Plus, it gave the German players hell at the time. It's a scar that made Relic decide not to do what you propose for the OKW.
22 Dec 2015, 04:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In the first CoH, the Germans were basically going on a hunting spree to find where the British trucks where located. What made it difficult was enemy units that prevented it. Plus, it gave the German players hell at the time. It's a scar that made Relic decide not to do what you propose for the OKW.

Agreed. I played brits primarily after OF, and being able to move base buildings is pretty OP, especially since in CoH1 units spawned from the buildings themselves.
22 Dec 2015, 08:00 AM
Patrion 15

22 Dec 2015, 08:06 AM

I don't want to be rude, but you are asking to allow OKW to move their forward retreat point further up because where it was to begin with wasnt good enough. Might i remind you that Ostheer and the Soviets still have to run all the way back to there base to get reinforced. They don't even have an option for one Forward retreat point. It makes maps like General Mud and Hill 331 a great big walking fest.
22 Dec 2015, 12:14 PM

Why it was even removed?
22 Dec 2015, 12:16 PM

Why it was even removed?

Vulgarisation. Hey let's make factions more simple... :hansREKT:
22 Dec 2015, 22:41 PM

I don't want to be rude, but you are asking to allow OKW to move their forward retreat point further up because where it was to begin with wasnt good enough. Might i remind you that Ostheer and the Soviets still have to run all the way back to there base to get reinforced. They don't even have an option for one Forward retreat point. It makes maps like General Mud and Hill 331 a great big walking fest.

Why not just have a nearby hidden half track for reinforcements mate?
22 Dec 2015, 23:30 PM

Why not just have a nearby hidden half track for reinforcements mate?

I'm talking about hard retreat like avoiding death from calliopes or being pinned by hmg. Soft retreat to reinforce your men is a given.
23 Dec 2015, 01:58 AM

I'm talking about hard retreat like avoiding death from calliopes or being pinned by hmg. Soft retreat to reinforce your men is a given.

I see.
My gripe is OKW do not have a manoeuvrable mobile spawn point like all the other ones do (and to me they seem the most mechanised of all).
Kinda shite, but guess I'll deal with it
23 Dec 2015, 04:19 AM

I see.
My gripe is OKW do not have a manoeuvrable mobile spawn point like all the other ones do (and to me they seem the most mechanised of all).
Kinda shite, but guess I'll deal with it

The only mobile (I assume you meant) retreat point is the USFs major and the Brits ability to make forward retreat points. When you say "like all the other (factions) do, you mean only USF and UKF.
23 Dec 2015, 04:55 AM

The only mobile (I assume you meant) retreat point is the USFs major and the Brits ability to make forward retreat points. When you say "like all the other (factions) do, you mean only USF and UKF.

Osteer, UKF, USF, Red Army - all bar the OKW have half tracks from which you can re-enforce squads
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★