Login

russian armor

defensive doctrin

1 Mar 2016, 13:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I pushed an update for the mod, replacing the camouflage with the M-42. I buffed penetration, scatter and AoE damage against infantry. Tracking has been replaced by Rapid Maneuvers.

Full details here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635567216
1 Mar 2016, 20:22 PM

nice to see this still going on again
nee
1 Mar 2016, 22:10 PM

Here are some current Soviet commander abilities that could be put into Defensive doctrine:

Some commander abilities from other factions that I find most appropriate to be used in Soviets' Defensive Tactics, mainly due to their defensive nature or their rarity, alongside some thoughts as to how to adapt them to Soviet faction.

Ideas taken from Ostheer commanders:

Ideas from OKW commanders:

USF:

Ideas taken from UKF commanders:

Some misc ideas:

-minefields: instead of individual mines, engineers can plant minefields of TM-35/ PMD mines at slightly greater cost. This allows larger coverage of areas.

-stun criticals: units can perform a number of stun critical abilities to assist in taking out threats. Particular mentions being AT guns and SU-76/85s, allowing Conscripts to close in with A grenades for permanent snare or other AT weapons to finish them off.

-fortified caches: they require building a la Emergency War Speed, but greatly boosts durability and maybe even boost income.

-incendiary modes: mortars and Katyushas can opt to fire incendiary rounds, providing AI area denial

-incendiary mines: engineers can plant them to provide area denial to places like flags and chokepoints. Cost less munitions but inflicts less DPS and doesn't affect vehicles.

-MG Bunkers: I personally don't like the idea of MG bunkers, as it just makes Soviets play more like Ostheer. Trenches that can be built for free and can accommodate Maxim sounds better as it reduces cost, time for build, can ungarrison units to preserve them, and allows Soviets to commit to larger areas with less resource investment. IMO this is reasonable given their general lack of defensive features.

-M-42: I see so much potential for this unit as supporting element for your army; it can be effective against infantry (it kind of is compared with other AT guns, but not enough to justify its costs due to its drawbacks), it can perform stun against vehicles to synergize with other AT weapons, and it could be garrisoned inside slots (which Racketen can do). Without these, it is literally just an AT gun that can't do shit against vehicles beyond M3 and M20.
1 Mar 2016, 22:18 PM

This commander really needs an overhaul. I think tank traps and AI mines should be combined into one ability that comes at 0CP, then they could add something else, maybe Incendiary Artillery - that would fit pretty well. The DshK should come at 1CP and its ability needs a slight buff. The M-42 needs higher penetration, and it could also come at 1CP.
Then you'd have a fairly decent commander that could work well with a T1 build.

Or KV-1/KV-2. Good idea
1 Mar 2016, 22:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 22:18 PMFrost
Or KV-1/KV-2. Good idea

Thanks! My current setup:

1CP: PMD-6 mines, tank traps, DShK MG nest
2CP: M-42 (higher penetration, slight AoE damage against infantry)
3CP: Conscript DP-28
7CP: Incendiary Artillery
10CP: KV-1 (more HP, higher penetration, slower, crew repair at Vet 1)

Test it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635567216

Currently working on NKVD Rifle - made a Commissar with a timed defensive buff and retreat point, plus an upgrade for Cons with 2x SVT (stats basically copied from Jaeger G43) and frag grenades. Will probably keep Radio Intercept and Propaganda Artillery and might change the IL-2 loiter to only target friendly sectors, but come with recon flares.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 85
unknown 24
unknown 0
United States 20
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L