Login

russian armor

Curated mod size

19 Dec 2015, 18:55 PM

I created "curated" skin pack, but I can't publish it because mod is over 200 MB. "Release" version size is ~60 MB for this mod.
20 Dec 2015, 02:01 AM

Yep. Same problem. Release is ~72mb, whereas "curated" is over 377mb. Max allowable on workshop is ~200mb as you say, so...
20 Dec 2015, 15:18 PM

I tried to experiment with the format. I saved textures like TGA 32 instead of TGA 24, it has reduced from file size of 310 mb to around 280 mb but it is still more than 200 mb.
20 Dec 2015, 16:31 PM

+1

I'm in the same spot, curated size jumps to 270mb, which can't be published. My mod covers all vehicles for Soviets both winter and summer, as is required by Relic.

I noticed Janne already has a curated mod uploaded, it's ~80mb in size. Is it smaller because of the amount of vehicles in it? Can we release skin mods with part of the faction roster?
20 Dec 2015, 19:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There is more information here:

http://modding.companyofheroes.com/curated-path

Technically, it should be all together, but obviously that is not working.

So, either wait for Relic or combine Summer and Winter for separate Light, Medium, and Heavy skin packs.
20 Dec 2015, 19:13 PM

Yeah, that's how I made it at first ( all units and seasons of a faction together ), but it's obviously not working so I'm trying different splits just so I can get something uploaded.

The information from Relic is not correct right now, there are a few more things we need to know before it can run smoothly.
20 Dec 2015, 19:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Technically, it is correct, but they probably did not foresee the size limit for uploading.

The best thing to do is wait for Relic to fix it, rather than split things up.
20 Dec 2015, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2015, 19:28 PMeliw00d
Technically, it is correct, but they probably did not foresee the size limit for uploading.

The best thing to do is wait for Relic to fix it, rather than split things up.

You're right, I've been having errors ( code 2) for the last couple of hours trying to upload all kinds of splits anyway. I should just wait for Relic to make it the way it' supposed to be.

btw, if anyone is making a soviet skin I think you may need to include a US specific sherman for the lend lease call-in doctrine, if I'm not mistaken.
23 Dec 2015, 03:29 AM

btw, if anyone is making a soviet skin I think you may need to include a US specific sherman for the lend lease call-in doctrine, if I'm not mistaken.

These are the cross-faction vehicles I know of (for skins):

A Soviet skin needs to include the aef/m4a3_sherman_76mm.

A British skin needs to include the aef/m3_halftrack.

A US skin needs to include the soviet/halftrack.

23 Dec 2015, 03:51 AM

+1
I noticed Janne already has a curated mod uploaded, it's ~80mb in size. Is it smaller because of the amount of vehicles in it? Can we release skin mods with part of the faction roster?

If you are talking about the British Charcoal skin, presumably the diffuse maps are really simple (detail-wise) and compress extremely well. And yes, the Brits have a fewer number of vehicles than anyone else.
23 Dec 2015, 13:23 PM

There's a new note in the skin mod wiki:
http://modding.companyofheroes.com/skin-pack

So we can now officially separate the mod into two, one for summer and one for winter. That should take the size down to <200mb per season.
23 Dec 2015, 19:18 PM

Success! I've finally managed to upload a summer variant of my skin pack:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582042769

The main thing that was causing me trouble ( other than the size limit which was solved by splitting into two mods, one for summer and one for winter ) was related to my machine or my connection or the Java version I have.

I'll do some more tests and get back with a definitive answer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight