Login

russian armor

Soviet industry and allied fuel drop

18 Dec 2015, 19:04 PM

Why was soviet industry removed? NO ONE was complaining about it. It provided an excellent way for a player to focus on vehicles. It was well balanced, the penalty being a PERMANENT manpower income cut.

Now we get the absolutely useless piece of trash that is allied supply drop. 100 munitions for 30 fuel.

Oh, and did I mention it always flies over enemy bases? Seriously, my ally who was going Lend-Lease tactics used this 4 times, and all of them got shot down over an OKW base 2cm flak emplacements.

What is this? It's rubbish. The old soviet industry was much better. Now the name is a blatant lie since there is no 'industry' in it.
18 Dec 2015, 19:10 PM

You must be new here. Soviet Industry (the ability) was stupid after the tier changes, and arguably before that. The problem was the extremely high fuel income, which could not be spent, completely devastated MP income.

Allied supply drop is more interesting, fairer, and gives the other player a heads up.

The issue of OKW native AA has been discussed at length, many forum members are in favor of completely removing it.

TL DR: Love the new changes to Allied supply drop, OKW being able to shoot down planes for free is stupid.
18 Dec 2015, 19:27 PM

TL DR: Love the new changes to Allied supply drop, OKW being able to shoot down planes for free is stupid.

What he said. We could shoot their supply planes too. If we had some decent AA. One Quad is sadly not enough. And it's not free.

Solution: Repair stations get Dshk.
18 Dec 2015, 20:00 PM

Personally, I think the original industry should have been rebalanced with lower MP penalties and less fuel to compensate for old changes and instead have been attached to a truck set up on your fuel point, a little like an Opel Blitz.

However, yes, Supply Drop is a lot less interesting, but it's far better then the old industry.
19 Dec 2015, 05:36 AM

You must be new here.

Oh great. I must be new because I don't have the same opinions as you.

The thing is Soviet industry is supposed to focus on vehicles the same way Close Air Support is focused on air power: it should be a tradeoff.

Now it's just a weak fuel drop. 30 fuel for 100 muni? seriously?

19 Dec 2015, 05:51 AM

The thing is Soviet industry is supposed to focus on vehicles the same way Close Air Support is focused on air power: it should be a tradeoff.

He's saying you're new here because you assert that no one complains about it, when it was trash and everybody complained about it heavily for a very long time, which might have influenced its change. The fact that you didn't know this meant you must not have been here for very long... or just have turned a blind eye to every soviet industry thread for the past year. And it was trash. What use is 500 fuel if you have 0 manpower? Also

>12 posts on coh2.org
>Speaks on behalf of coh2.org community
19 Dec 2015, 05:54 AM

Yeah it was heavily complained about, and unused in 1v1 and 2v2. So saying it was never complained about makes it seem like you are new.
19 Dec 2015, 08:31 AM

Here is a riddle for you.
How you want to focus on vehicles if you dont have manpower to make them ? :snfPeter:
19 Dec 2015, 08:42 AM

You must be new here. Soviet Industry (the ability) was stupid after the tier changes, and arguably before that. The problem was the extremely high fuel income, which could not be spent, completely devastated MP income.

Allied supply drop is more interesting, fairer, and gives the other player a heads up.

The issue of OKW native AA has been discussed at length, many forum members are in favor of completely removing it.

They really should just replace the base flak guns with mg bunkers. I've never understood why okw gets these in the first place. Flavor? Out of all of the factions, okw has the most accessible early AT so its not like they even need them. As it is, the base flak guns mess with allied air for free, allied light vehicle base rushes for free and can be sniped for hilarious/frustrating results. All in all they're just a pointless balance headache.
19 Dec 2015, 11:16 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 08:42 AMEnkidu

They really should just replace the base flak guns with mg bunkers. I've never understood why okw gets these in the first place. Flavor? Out of all of the factions, okw has the most accessible early AT so its not like they even need them. As it is, the base flak guns mess with allied air for free, allied light vehicle base rushes for free and can be sniped for hilarious/frustrating results. All in all they're just a pointless balance headache.

I think that the reason for the Base Flak AA was the P47 rocket strafe that did 240dmg on hit, and having more than 1 AA gun would help you survive against it
19 Dec 2015, 12:12 PM
Donator 11

The Ammo trade is sometimes risky and very map/ opponent dependent which makes it frustrating to use. ;)

-> This doc needs a little buff imo. Since there 3 abilities that costs alot ammo and have no use before you get your first vehicle is out. And repairstations are already in it, so you spent the ammo for early game or fuel drops anyway.

Maybe replace vehicle repairs with conscript repairs
Since you have no other callins despite Kv2 its they probably will be the backbone of this doctrine.
19 Dec 2015, 12:59 PM
Donator 33

The Ammo trade is sometimes risky and very map/ opponent dependent which makes it frustrating to use. ;)

-> This doc needs a little buff imo. Since there 3 abilities that costs alot ammo and have no use before you get your first vehicle is out. And repairstations are already in it, so you spent the ammo for early game or fuel drops anyway.
doctrine.

Can you count the M3 Armored car as a vehicle?, since it comes out rather quickly :snfPeter:
19 Dec 2015, 13:02 PM

Maybe replace vehicle repairs with conscript repairs
Since you have no other callins despite Kv2 its they probably will be the backbone of this doctrine.

We don't need more repairs since there is repair station.

Instead of crew repairs, give it Tank Hunter salvage.
19 Dec 2015, 13:19 PM

The ability to convert resources even at a poor ratio gives a player the ability to alter tech and unit timings artificially. I feel the munition to fuel exchange ratio is ok for what it offers. In addition I haven't had issues with one base defenses shooting down the aircraft after the flaks got nerfed.

On the other hand, once the flak HQ is on the field or even a 222, it completely shuts down the use of this ability in its entirety.

I would propose changing the ability to be 3 planes each with one crate launched simultaneously from varying directions so there's still the risk of not getting your fuel-or at least as much as you wanted, but you don't lose 100 munitions every time due to a single AA unit. Vice versa it still allows axis to counteract the ability by constructing AA but making it harder to stop all the fuel from reaching the allies.
19 Dec 2015, 16:47 PM

Just mirror the Axis ability "Supply Drop ZOne" and everything will be okay
19 Dec 2015, 18:06 PM
Patrion 14

Everyone was complaining about Industry, I thank god for Relic giving it a buff. Shame about the removed faster build time ability though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight