russian armor

Volk Shrek blob fix proposal

22 Dec 2015, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2015, 09:14 AMJohnnyB
Here you are, a better solution:

1. Remove shreck from volks. Instead, volks can chose one of these 2 upgrades:
a. An STG 44 for the squad leader.
b. Two g43s upgrade.

2. New OKW squad: Tank busters. A 4 man squad, buildable from Med Truck, with an expensive manpower cost and who comes with 2 shrecks by default. The expensive mp cost willprevent blobbing, and it will be fair too, because no amo will be spent on the shreck upgrade. Being expensive as mp cost, they can't be spammed and they will have a poor AI performance because they will have rifles, not automatic weapons, an additional reason not to spam them. This way, the OKW player can chose his early / medium game stage AT solution by building eather the med truck for this squad, eather the Puma tier to build a Puma.
Such units (puma or the tank busters, will most probably need a raketen to support them).

So this solution will invite OKW player not only to stop blobbing, but also used combined arms.

If you guys like this solution that was proposed before, let's support this and convince Relic to adopt it.

That would probably solve several problems, yes. Including OKW's sometimes chronical MP float.

The upgrades shouldn't be too powerful, however. Volks as they are have pretty decent AI power, and unlike Ostheer who needs LMGs to scale OKW has access to 2 powerful infantry in their tech, 5 if you count doctrines. At best Volks should have firepower about on par with Rifles with 1 BAR. If they want elite infantry they have a wealth of options other than Volks.
22 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM

That would probably solve several problems, yes. Including OKW's sometimes chronical MP float.

The upgrades shouldn't be too powerful, however. Volks as they are have pretty decent AI power, and unlike Ostheer who needs LMGs to scale OKW has access to 2 powerful infantry in their tech, 5 if you count doctrines. At best Volks should have firepower about on par with Rifles with 1 BAR. If they want elite infantry they have a wealth of options other than Volks.

Agree.
And yes, it would probably solve the MP float problem too.
I would realy like to see how this would work in a mode, but sadly I realy have no time for building one :*(.
22 Dec 2015, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2015, 10:05 AMKatitof

And no AI compared to shreck volks.

katitof T-T-TRIGGGGERED.

What about when zook instakills models?
23 Dec 2015, 00:31 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Right now, WeissAlchimist, I am covering for the Director of Moderation.

I have just invised an image which you have hosted before, and which led to time in the Kuhler for you.

If you want more time in the Kuhler, carry on. And you will surely receive more Kuhler time.

Last public warning

Back to topic.
23 Dec 2015, 00:47 AM

If you want more time in the Kuhler, carry on. And you will surely receive more Kuhler time.

The way you put it, I might as well join him in this cool time of sorts. Is it some CoH2 deathmatch to prove which one is worthier of posting? This seems a good idea - "MODERATED GLADIATORIAL GAMES OF REDEMPTION". Can we invite Nulist?

OT:
About those tank hunter squads, I was thinking about it - maybe a nice idea is making them have some good cost in MP, and they'd be 4 men with 1 shreck, with 3 possible packages that the player may choose from:

1) Second shreck (90 muni)
2) "Cammo pack" (60 muni): they gain cammoflage
3) "Trap package" (30 muni): can lay tellers

The packages are exclusive, i.e., you can't choose more than one.

What do you think?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
unknown 23
Poland 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L