Login

russian armor

2v2 - OKW on Vaux, Rails, Kharkov

17 Dec 2015, 23:00 PM

Hi there,

can someone explain and/or provide a replay on how to play as OKW+OST or OKW+OKW on the maps mentioned in the title? Maybe against Maxim spam, double Soviet mortar spam or SU-85 spam? I wanna get some insight in how to beat 2v2 opponents wo decide to rush certain areas on the map and lock them down especially.

Before someone tries it, no, blobbing doesn't work against Maxims. Not that I would be a fan of blobbing anyway.
18 Dec 2015, 12:36 PM

I will save my replays next time I face top players as double OKW on those maps.
18 Dec 2015, 12:56 PM

I find it 1 of the easier maps to win as OKW and Ost or OKW/OKW
18 Dec 2015, 15:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Try blobbing :nahnah:.
18 Dec 2015, 16:39 PM

Kharkov is the worst blob map every, just get everything swarmed by usf lmg blobs + calliops :loco: on the other side Vaux feels best, wide and open. Many space to manover, no "one screen" skill and you have many places to bring the engagements you want! Rails is okay, nice to play but a bit smal, but not that bad as kharkov.
19 Dec 2015, 03:12 AM

Ya, but I'd like to know how to play there exactly, when to build what, how to position on the map. Where to establish a good frontline etc.
20 Dec 2015, 23:59 PM

Here you go

Don't put your battlegroup headquarters too far at the front, because you don't want that they constantly bleed you with onmap arty. Su85 can be dealth with sneaky raketen or Jp4.

Then you always need to check the situation: Will the enemy get an ISU? Do I have to counter stationary artillery etc.
21 Dec 2015, 18:29 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 23:00 PMQbix
Hi there,

can someone explain and/or provide a replay on how to play as OKW+OST or OKW+OKW on the maps mentioned in the title? Maybe against Maxim spam, double Soviet mortar spam or SU-85 spam? I wanna get some insight in how to beat 2v2 opponents wo decide to rush certain areas on the map and lock them down especially.

Before someone tries it, no, blobbing doesn't work against Maxims. Not that I would be a fan of blobbing anyway.

I can`t believe nobody has suggested this, but have your (or one) OKW player rush a luchs/Stuka. Both of these units do wonders against team weapons. If your opponent is investing heavily in T2 team weapon spam, your stuka will vet up quite nicely and continually pay off as the game goes on. The luchs needs to be well micro`d to acheive the same effect (and dodge late game tanks).

In a mixed setting, have the OKW player spearhead assaults and use Whermacht team weapons/snipers to force multiply or hold the ground (cover his fail ass in retreat :P ) gained by the OKW player. The wehrmacht should also rush werfer to help continually bleed the soviet for choosing team weapon spam.

Su85s should not be a problem, they are easily dealt with shreck blobs or dual pak 40. Just don`t rush your tanks head long into them, always approach at an angle. Constant stuka/werfer should leave the su85s relatively open to direct/flank assault by a volks blob. worst case you force back the su85s and you gain some ground (move those mgs up!)
22 Dec 2015, 13:04 PM

Thanks for the input. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight