15%
5%
19%
56%
4%
Total votes: 147
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Dec 2015, 21:29 PM

I had was playing a 2v2 on Crossing in the woods the other day and lost 3 vet 3 4 man lmg grens to the first barrage of a single vet 0 callopie. It was at medium range and my grens were relatively spaced out. All of them died as they were half way out of my base.

I guess this should be moved to Balance forum...
17 Dec 2015, 21:35 PM

calliope need reduce damage or increase recharge time a bit
17 Dec 2015, 21:50 PM

This is a bad poll. You offer three options for a "Yes they are OP" therefore splitting the vote and making it look like they are fine. And what about people who think they are OP against both double OKW and mixed?
17 Dec 2015, 21:54 PM

lol :snfPeter:
17 Dec 2015, 21:58 PM

Relic, anti blob most expensive, doctrinal arty in game killed my blob, nurf plox!

Seriously...

I miss the times of GR, where people were more active in strategy section then balance section.
17 Dec 2015, 22:04 PM

Apparently this isnt the first time Calliope was misspelled in the CoH world...
17 Dec 2015, 22:05 PM

Invissed two posts, one for trolling, one for quoting the offending post.

And I think it's a good poll, when you've seen as many bad ones as I have, this one is golden.
17 Dec 2015, 22:23 PM
Patrion 27

I voted fine. Calliope take a LONG time to come out, is expensive and is also the one thing keeping USF competitive in big games.

There are times when it certainly feels OP and I've wrek't some players, but I haven't been wrecked by one yet because I don't blob. it's that simple.

Replace Volks Shreks with Fausts and we'll talk about nerfing Calliope.
17 Dec 2015, 22:53 PM

I voted fine. Calliope take a LONG time to come out, is expensive and is also the one thing keeping USF competitive in big games.

There are times when it certainly feels OP and I've wrek't some players, but I haven't been wrecked by one yet because I don't blob. it's that simple.

Replace Volks Shreks with Fausts and we'll talk about nerfing Calliope.

Poor Ostheer. They rely most on combine arms and relatively static units. They will continue to get raped by Calliopes.

I feel like Coh2 is just becoming more and more of a huge artillery fest like it was in vcoh. Ostheer already has a hard time microing all their support units and now they must dance around artillery as well.
17 Dec 2015, 22:55 PM

Calliope killing 3 full health grenadier squads which are spaced out? Replay or it didn't happen.
17 Dec 2015, 22:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

panzerwerfer doing this along with suppression and a shorter cooldown is just fine though
17 Dec 2015, 22:59 PM
Patrion 14

140 fuel....
17 Dec 2015, 23:11 PM

Calliope killing 3 full health grenadier squads which are spaced out? Replay or it didn't happen.

I guess i didnt bring any proof of this happening did i... My bad. You have every right not to believe me. I didnt save the replay.
17 Dec 2015, 23:15 PM

panzerwerfer doing this along with suppression and a shorter cooldown is just fine though

Well, its survivability isn't anywhere close. Pwerfer also costs tons to tech to. Although it is stock. Im just a little frustrated at artillery in general at this point.
17 Dec 2015, 23:22 PM
Donator 22

Well, its survivability isn't anywhere close. Pwerfer also costs tons to tech to. Although it is stock. Im just a little frustrated at artillery in general at this point.

Well take Calliope survivability(wich is useless for rocket arty, it still die from strafe/loiter in 1 run, Calliope survivability is usefull when a tank charge it, and it shouldn't happen at all), I take Pwerfer shorter but more powerfull burst.

Unless you stay in the area to take the 3 salvo of the Calliope, you're not near the wiping power for the Pwerfer(Press retreat button when you saw the first rocket hitting the floor still wipe 2/4 squads each burst, check my latest replay).
17 Dec 2015, 23:28 PM

Well take Calliope survivability(wich is useless for rocket arty, it still die from strafe/loiter in 1 run, Calliope survivability is usefull when a tank charge it, and it shouldn't happen at all), I take Pwerfer shorter but more powerfull burst.

Unless you stay in the area to take the 3 salvo of the Calliope, you're not near the wiping power for the Pwerfer(Press retreat button when you saw the first rocket hitting the floor still wipe 2/4 squads each burst, check my latest replay).

Nerf them both to the ground. Or high more damage but lower AOE ---> less likely to wipe single squads but will really hurt big blobs.
17 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM
Patrion 27

Nerf them both to the ground. Or high more damage but lower AOE ---> less likely to wipe single squads but will really hurt big blobs.

This is precisely the kind of hyperbolic post that I presume is the reason for Relic being so confused about how to balance their game.
17 Dec 2015, 23:50 PM

Why?

This game isn't fun when people turtle and build sim cities (admittedly, mainly a big team game issue) and it's less fun when people blob. Long range indirect punishes (and is the most effective hard counter to) this sort of play. It encourages smart infantry movement, aggressive play, and risk taking that makes the game a hellvua lot more fun than sitting your Elefant + Jagdtiger combo amidst a sea of bunkers and Panthers.

Idk if you mainly play Ostheer, but obviously that faction has some of the best defensive options in the game w/ MG42 bunkers, Pak-43s, S-Mine fields, Tellers, etc. Throw in a OKW Flak HQ and you have a position that is almost unassailable. There's need to be a counter to this and that's your Calliope, Walking Stuka, PWerfer, and Katy.

The rocket artillery is part of COH 2's gameplay. You'll punish with it and get punished by it plenty of times. Nothing wrong with it.

Now with all that said, the Calliope barrage is pretty devastating. I wouldn't object to it being a bit louder when it fires so Axis players have a better chance to react.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★