Login

russian armor

Leavers, the cancer of this game.

17 Dec 2015, 12:44 PM

So many leavers, and you know that AI in your side means a loss, cos it's so poor.
I suggest a 15 minutes of "no join another game" for everytime a players leaves a game, that would be a nice reason to force players to play the match they are in or surrender, instead of leaving and lettin their team with an AI mate.
17 Dec 2015, 12:58 PM
Donator 11

10 minutes is also enough to scare them.
17 Dec 2015, 13:06 PM

Or add Expert CPU instead of Easy CPU. :sibHyena:
17 Dec 2015, 13:09 PM

How would the system differentiate leavers and people who drop out?
17 Dec 2015, 13:10 PM
Donator 11

How would the system differentiate leavers and people who drop out?

10 minute penalty would not affect them who must go to the toilet or have some other trouble in the real life.
17 Dec 2015, 13:14 PM

+1. A system like the one in CSGO - penalty for leaving works extremely well. Or like LOL.

I'm in favor off that.
17 Dec 2015, 13:35 PM

10 minute penalty would not affect them who must go to the toilet or have some other trouble in the real life.

I mean drop out internet wise. I live in Australia and I regularly disconnect from games against my will. I have no choice in this. Why should I get punished because my ISP's are lazy shites?
17 Dec 2015, 13:48 PM

+1. A system like the one in CSGO - penalty for leaving works extremely well. Or like LOL.

I'm in favor off that.

What kind of penalty?
17 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM

What kind of penalty?

10min without there dosis of CS :sibHyena:
17 Dec 2015, 13:58 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

i think a System like in CS:GO, TF2 or LoL would actually work.
17 Dec 2015, 14:08 PM

What kind of penalty?

Certain hours ban for competitive matchmaking.
17 Dec 2015, 14:13 PM

that would fix a lot :D
17 Dec 2015, 14:25 PM
Donator 11

I agree, time penalty is a great solution.
17 Dec 2015, 14:33 PM
Donator 11

I mean drop out internet wise. I live in Australia and I regularly disconnect from games against my will. I have no choice in this. Why should I get punished because my ISP's are lazy shites?

I don't know how to solve this, because the problem is not in the game, but in your internet connection. Maybe that players in Australia and New Zeeland get less time penalty (for example for 5 minutes instead of 10 minutes), than players in other parts of the world.

But the problem with droppers, who quits because they think that their teammates are noobs, are so big, that this should be solved in some way.
17 Dec 2015, 14:41 PM

Pretty easy ways to detect whether it's the case of someone quitting, or that their internet has dropped connection. However, this would probably just lead to people "pulling the plug" so to speak to emulate being disconnected from the game. Not really sure if enough people would go through that hassle though.
17 Dec 2015, 14:42 PM

Hello.

I would like to ask for a "insults/aggressive language report".
Many times i have seen in 3/3 4/4 someone whose language goes on fire, drop a "fuking noob" on the chat, and get answered by a polite "am i a noob? ok, i'll get a cofee and goes alt-tab, enjoy your next 30min of nothingness" as he doesn't drop the game surrender options are locked and doesn't get replaced by AI.
While the behaviour is terrible, it is understandable as you get no protection ingame for flame and agressive speech.

Leavers are leavers, they will never disapear, even LOL with its very punishing system proves that it does nothing to stop the trend.
I am more concerned with verbal abuse and insults.
I like Blacklist system that prevent you to be paired with people you disliked.

Kozo.
17 Dec 2015, 14:55 PM

It matters how many minutes they would do.

If it is 10-15 minutes I will stay in game idle so my team surrender earlier this time.

If less I will quit without any hesitation.

Coz I do not see any reason to play uneven teams.

it is not about people it is just very few players play this game and if automatch system will try to search for even ranks -it WILL take ages. SO we have what we have.

Cannot be fixed if u ask me.
17 Dec 2015, 16:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

We can have this when we fix the surrender bug and fix people who won't surrender despite clearly losing
17 Dec 2015, 17:18 PM
Donator 11

They should penalise drop with timeout, at least 30 minutes. No action should be detected, which is easy to do, and first the warning should be send, then, if still no action player should be dropped with same time penalty as if he dropped himself.

The CPU used to suplement for dropped player should be chosen based on average rank/elo of players. Right now its always hard cpu and that means for weakest players best way to get a won match is to drop. It shouldnt happen. Also better players could get expert that way what will help to ballance match after loss of connection for example.

Ofc the surrender bug should also be removed and they should change the way they count surrender polls. It should be summing up +1 if players votes yes, -1 if he votes no and 0 if no vote and once voting ends it should surrender if the sum is larger than 0.

That way one stubborn player won't block the whole team from surrendering in 3v3 and 4v4.

As for the serching, player should be able to set a variable that determines how quickly the elo range grows in the searching algorithm. It could be done with a slider in the serching menu. Also map veto should be bound to leadout just like they did with faceplates. That way it would change automatically once you change your intended strategy or just a faction.
17 Dec 2015, 17:29 PM

No. Not untill the surrender bug is fixed, also make it 50% of the team has to agree in order to surrender.
Tired of getting base camped/clearly losing and having my ally go "no we can still win"

If you penalize dropping ill simply go afk untill the match ends instead of dropping. Im not going to sit trough a match thats clearly lost because xXorder227Xx doesnt want to surrender
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★