Login

russian armor

To Chase

16 Dec 2015, 16:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When you see squads retreating, do you chase after them or stand still to get an accuracy bonus? Especially with squads with rifles I am not sure which is better.

Lets use grens and cons as an example. 2 con models retreat past your full gren squad on open ground with no cover and you cant body block them. Would it be better to take fewer aimed shots or chase and shoot more less accurate shots for longer?
16 Dec 2015, 16:57 PM

Assault weapons on short range, chase, everything else, stand for better accuracy.
16 Dec 2015, 16:58 PM

When last retreating model is about half my range, I stand still.
When it's close to the edge of my range, I chase him.
16 Dec 2015, 17:03 PM

Usually depends on the situation and the weapon profile but...

I usually chase and try and get the retreating unit caught in my chasing squad, this slows down the retreating unit and gives me a better chance to wipe. Also if they are going to retreat through a bottle neck I will place my squads at the neck - this causes the retreating squad to reach the point of the bottle neck - and then attempt to find another path if the initial one was blocked - allowing more time to wipe the unit.

16 Dec 2015, 17:08 PM

Really depends on the squad and range:

When I a retreating squad is very close to my sturmpios I chase, however I stop chasing once the get out of mid range.

However I'd never chase with infantry sections because they have a horrible moving accuracy.
16 Dec 2015, 17:50 PM

This is highly dependent, as others have said.

If I am dealing with a squad with very quick DPS drop off at range I have to chase (e.g., shocks).

If I am dealing the a squad with good DPS at long range I generally prefer to stand still (e.g., grens).

However, if a retreating squad would cross unfavorable area (red cover ahead), I will often move to make sure I can land shots during this time.

If you have a squad with Medium range DPS I usually chase for a bit than order a halt to let them have a chance to get the most DPS at range. Moving them while shooting at range is useless since they cannot hit anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★