Login

russian armor

Can we discuss the PIAT?

14 Dec 2015, 11:43 AM

Oh so they have to run over a mine beforehand, or there mustn't be any sweepers around, or the other player must have chosen Spec Weapons for Boys AT for snares, or RNGesus has blessed an engine crit miracle out of nowhere? Or the PIATS are shooting at a bunker, truck or LeFH lol.

This type of debate is completely nonconstructive and thus I will end from my part with this few points.

The sniper critical ability will cause engine damage to all light vehicles, AT weapon that penetrate including Piats have a chance of causing engine damage so it does not take a miracle, in 2vs2 mode and above allied faction can use AT snares, Piat can dotrinally be given to other faction making very effective especially in conscripts.

I.S. don't need a AT snare, that would cause more trouble than it would solve...

Have a nice day.

14 Dec 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 11:43 AMVipper

This type of debate is completely nonconstructive and thus I will end from my part with this few points.

The sniper critical ability will cause engine damage to all light vehicles, AT weapon that penetrate including Piats have a chance of causing engine damage so it does not take a miracle, in 2vs2 mode and above allied faction can use AT snares, Piat can dotrinally be given to other faction making very effective especially in conscripts.

I.S. don't need a AT snare, that would cause more trouble than it would solve...

Have a nice day.

Bowing out, your point is made.

The reliance on the sniper to snare has been debated endlessly. I'm pretty sure the majority think it's a stupid design decision. Leaving the ability to snare to chance isn't great either, especially since the devs are obviously trying to make the game more competitively viable. Strictly speaking from a 1v1 perspective here. Any combination outside of that is moot to argue.

How so? Especially since it would be included in a sidegrade. Can't see why that would be an issue considering USF can do the same with zooks and vet 1.
14 Dec 2015, 12:08 PM

My view on the PIAT is simply that nothing should require attack ground to make it viable.
14 Dec 2015, 12:12 PM

The Piat. A weapon which is designed to hit moving targets, cannot hit any moving targets.

GG relic
14 Dec 2015, 12:34 PM

Bowing out, your point is made.
How so? Especially since it would be included in a sidegrade. Can't see why that would be an issue considering USF can do the same with zooks and vet 1.

I have made my suggestions for Piats in the a thread that I have provided the link. Will be happy to discuss any point made on proposed changes there...

There is thread about UKF snare and because it is of topic will not debate the issue, sort answer thou:
the combination of a AT snare, to some of the most power mainline infantry, effective piat against engine damaged vehicles, high AI, gamon bomb and powerful off maps, would simply make UKF Blobs too powerful...
14 Dec 2015, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 12:34 PMVipper

I have made my suggestions for Piats in the a thread that I have provided the link. Will be happy to discuss any point made on proposed changes there...

There is thread about UKF snare and because it is of topic will not debate the issue, sort answer thou:
the combination of a AT snare, to some of the most power mainline infantry, effective piat against engine damaged vehicles, high AI, gamon bomb and powerful off maps, would simply make UKF Blobs too powerful...

From your link:

-Reduce spammability

Sure, but make them worth the increased cost in the first place. Increasing the cost because of DPS isn't one and the same though. Their piss poor accuracy against anything smaller than a heavy makes that somewhat redundant.

-Increase scatter on attack ground order

You shouldn't have to use the attack ground order in the first place. That's a roundabout solution to the issue.

-Reduce damage to bunkers. With high damage and firing behind shotblockers the weapon can be easily used to take out base bunkers with little time for reaction

Since when can static bunkers react to anything? lol. Not sure what you are trying to argue for there.

Point #1 seems like a decent enough suggestion. No issue there.

Point #2 is a bit iffy. That would be be bound to cause some odd occurrences, especially against infantry.

I do think that PIATs will see some sort of fix, though its unlikely to be anything like your suggestions.

14 Dec 2015, 13:11 PM

increase projectile speed, but also increase price, everything else should stay the same. Double piats on even one squad of infantry will fuck shit up real quick
14 Dec 2015, 14:02 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/46274/can-we-discuss-the-piat/page/3#post_id457879

:romeoMug:

Piat have the following characteristics:

Problems:
Imo currently the weapon either perform extremely good or very poorly. Extremely good vs slow stationary/targets bad against fast moving targets, making the weapon rather frustrating to use or to be used against you.

Point 1 and 2 make it extremely spammable , any improvements to performance should have cost and availability (limit to 1 per squad? remove availability to team members?) revisited.

Point 5,6 and 9 make it extremely good against heavy armored vehicles since it has decent penetration, chance for rear hit even when firing from the front and very good damage on deflection.

Point 8 show that it on paper it has the highest DPS than other held weapons.

Points 9,10,11 shows that it can be used behind shot blocker, that it is micro intensive (since players best bet is to try to predict vehicles position and use "attack ground"), the luck of collision greatly reducing actually DPS compared to other weapons.

Suggestions:
reduce spammability (see above)

adjust cost and DPS, having the highest DPS weapon being the cheapest makes little sense.

Increase scatter on attack ground order.

Reduce damage to bunkers. With high damage and firing behind shotblockers the weapon can be easily used to take out base bunkers with little time for reaction.

increase consistency with one of the 2 next methods:

1) Introduce collision, having a "ballistic type weapon" that has almost zero chance of achieving collision makes little sense.
In ranges 0-10 the weapon could use a lower angle allowing the weapon to hit target via collision. This aim at making the performance more consistent at close ranges.

benefits

2)Change the weapon type. Instead of being a "ballistic type weapon" (direct fire) turn it to explosive type weapon. Instead of actually having to hit the target it would be able to damage target via AOE damage and AOE Penetration.

Cover table would have to be used so that the weapon would do extra damage to vehicles similarly to PTRS/Boys.

Ballistic weapon type
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS