Login

russian armor

Early volks + building spam

12 Dec 2015, 12:02 PM

I'm having trouble early game with volks, especially volks occupying key buildings. How do I approach the early game?

Either they go pure volks spam and just trade favorably with sturm pios, or they go volks + kubel and they still trade fairly decently and put me significantly far behind capping wise with the kubel.

I want to be able to make it to m20 armored car or m5 halftrack while even or ahead.

Thank you
14 Dec 2015, 09:20 AM

I'm having trouble early game with volks, especially volks occupying key buildings. How do I approach the early game?

Either they go pure volks spam and just trade favorably with sturm pios, or they go volks + kubel and they still trade fairly decently and put me significantly far behind capping wise with the kubel.

I want to be able to make it to m20 armored car or m5 halftrack while even or ahead.

Thank you

He is smart if he plays with building and deserve to win if you don't do the same :D

There are no miracle solution, all depend on the map/building.

Some tips:
- Always look 360¤ around the building and check what face has less windows (1 or 2), seek for a short range yellow cover facing it, the trade off shouldn't be too bad. The best is if a building has blind face, attack from here he will not be able to fire back.
- CP0 Assault Engineer + flamer (armor company) or CP0 RE + flamer (Rifle company), always have one of those commander in your selection.
-When the building is empty: barbwire the building entrances, fast and easy or demo charge if you have the ammo.

General thought, cap around, seek for the Kubel and destroy it. Be a lot more mobile, flank him and seek for his truck. He can't be everywhere and should have around the same amount of unit than you so if he left 1 or 2 volks on different buildings, you'll have the upper hand everywhere else.
14 Dec 2015, 09:51 AM

Hello.

Another way to see the situation is to know that if he is entrenched in a building, he is probably prepared for your arrival. So, if he is here, he isn't elsewhere, you can accept the taking, go cap everywhere else and force him to move. Sometimes, the best way to break a defense isn' to make complicated tactical moves and flankings, but to simply force the opponent to relocate because he put too much troops where there is no ennemy.

Kozo.
14 Dec 2015, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 09:51 AMKozokus
Hello.

Another way to see the situation is to know that if he is entrenched in a building, he is probably prepared for your arrival. So, if he is here, he isn't elsewhere, you can accept the taking, go cap everywhere else and force him to move. Sometimes, the best way to break a defense isn' to make complicated tactical moves and flankings, but to simply force the opponent to relocate because he put too much troops where there is no ennemy.

Kozo.

My problem is eventaully I'll have to dig him out or else he'll place a forward schewer panzer headquarters and then the game is surely over.

He is smart if he plays with building and deserve to win if you don't do the same :D

There are no miracle solution, all depend on the map/building.

Some tips:
- Always look 360¤ around the building and check what face has less windows (1 or 2), seek for a short range yellow cover facing it, the trade off shouldn't be too bad. The best is if a building has blind face, attack from here he will not be able to fire back.
- CP0 Assault Engineer + flamer (armor company) or CP0 RE + flamer (Rifle company), always have one of those commander in your selection.
-When the building is empty: barbwire the building entrances, fast and easy or demo charge if you have the ammo.

General thought, cap around, seek for the Kubel and destroy it. Be a lot more mobile, flank him and seek for his truck. He can't be everywhere and should have around the same amount of unit than you so if he left 1 or 2 volks on different buildings, you'll have the upper hand everywhere else.

My units can shoot into a building on a wall face with no windows??
14 Dec 2015, 18:30 PM

My problem is eventaully I'll have to dig him out or else he'll place a forward schewer panzer headquarters and then the game is surely over.

My units can shoot into a building on a wall face with no windows??

@bold. Yes.
15 Dec 2015, 04:44 AM

captain is must have, and research bazookas get mix of LMG and zook, also get nades.

USF have least problem with schewer panzer, all you have to do is research nades let 1 rifle fire smoke at it, if it is in open 1 fire in mid way, and let another rifle follow smoke path and fire another smoke at it. rush up with your infantry and captain with zooks run up next to it, and attack ground 3 rounds (if you have 4-6 zooks) of fire schewer panzer should be dead, if smoke get thin fire another smoke at it.

to fight OKW i always to captain to get a Stuart out soon, it counters all OKW light armor like kubel, Flak HT, P2, and even stand chance against pumma and doing great damage to infantry. same as all light armor pick your fight carefully with it. then i will go Sherman (and swap the crew with veted Stuart so i got instant vet sherman)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★