Login

russian armor

Kubel worth buying?

29 Mar 2016, 15:52 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Anyone use the vet 1 ability behind shot blockers? It's basically an IR halftrack
29 Mar 2016, 17:25 PM

Does Kubel still gives +5 fuel when salvaged?
18 Apr 2016, 04:23 AM

Does Kubel still gives +5 fuel when salvaged?

I will try next time I lose a Kubel.

Initially I hated the fact that it lost supression, but now is a great flanking tool, especially if your opponent has very little map awareness, or they dont build caches.

Have had games over in the 12th minute thanks to Kubel.
23 Jun 2016, 02:34 AM

it is worth every MP you invest in early game. it is macro depend to keep it safe. let it stay behind your VGs during combat, it works as LMG and no MP bleed as long as it is alive.. also it is great at caping non key points at start and FU and MU points. 15% faster caping and fast speed is key in early map control, the more area you have to slight advantage in resource income you will have.

as AchtAchter states I found good way to use kubel is not rush to FU to fight at FU point immediately but instead cap other points then go to FU when fight break out. use it to move behind HMG team that is combat your sqs and I result wipe quite alot of them if they think they can tank the kubel damage first to fight infantry, take the vickers (maxim will get away as it have too many men :( ) from my opponent for own use.

Totally agree with Appleseed. I actually get 2 kubels which allows me extreme capping dominance. Their firepower is not that great but together they are capable of chewing up an MG that is pinning your volks.

Back when I played USF I learned how great it was to be able to have vehicles do the fighting and repair the damage for free whereas a squad would need to pay to be reinforced. As a result, my kubels do most of the early game fighting and my sturms stay safe, repair and only fight when they can enter the firefight without being fired on much. The manpower you save this way will most likely be more than the total cost of the kubels, making them totally worth it.
23 Jun 2016, 13:47 PM

That sounds interesting. Micro-instesnive, but efficient on some level.

My main problem is that average lifetime of a kubel is extremely low. They get chased down by light vehicles super fast. I find that if i dont use the kubel as bait into raketten/mines by the 4 minute mark I will lose it anyway. I tend to miss this mark alot as i try to cap like crazy with it and lose track of time. Once their light vehicles hit the field, there is no chance of surviving, you can only hope to take out their light vehicle when they dive.
23 Jun 2016, 16:31 PM

So when you use Kubel what is your BO: Volk>Kubel or Kubel>Volk or Kubel>SP?
23 Jun 2016, 19:44 PM

So when you use Kubel what is your BO: Volk>Kubel or Kubel>Volk or Kubel>SP?

definitely kubel> volk> volk> volk and then tech or get doomed from vehicles, later go what needed (mg, another volk, ligh vehicle, raketen, SP...)

The point here is that kubel wont live long and its main point is to mainly fastcap your parft of man meanwhile your infantry forces rush important housing and seize enemy ground. If you do this properly you can get luchs in no time and win match even before 10 minute mark or at least get advantage in map control.

Its just a little tricky so you have to practice it a lot and also learn when to give up ground and dig in with your raketen and other forces (time when allied light vehicle comes).

RECAP: first kubel for fast capping ;)
6 Jul 2016, 02:38 AM

I like going Kubel > Kubel > Volks against british. If you 2v1 infantry you can create a blees and then bring them back as they take damage to make some distance between them and you mp. But.... After the blobs form they are useless. Post patch I haven't used any kubels.
6 Jul 2016, 03:33 AM

Opponent is USF on an open map? Get 2 kubels and drink their salty, salty tears.
6 Jul 2016, 06:08 AM

I personally don't like it. Why should I spend mp into unit which I know will not fight. Better get that extra volk or Sturm and have them for the rest of your game.

With current kubel you can't even get vet 5 anymore :/ everyone knows that vet 5 kubel is a gamechanger
6 Jul 2016, 19:05 PM

It doesn't have longevity. If it was more like a vcoh kettenkrad then it would be a worthwhile unit to get

Edit: Make a commander that gives it a doctrinal ability to detect mines/demos. I'll buy one every game.
15 Jul 2016, 21:19 PM

Ive joined the kubel-volk*x club lately.
Kubel and Sturm gives you a good forward assault team for a key fuel or cutoff while folks cap the rest safely. Timing is critical on aggressive starts, so getting it first let's it speed forward to push off a weak capping unit or whittle down a front line squad for Sturm to finish.
Also the kubel CAN last a while, just needs some strong micro-fu.
Great for baits too, as was said earlier. Consider the morale damage to your opponent when they lose their own light vehicle because they ragingly tried to chase down your little 210 mp cheese wagon .
19 Jul 2016, 19:04 PM

it was good when it could supress, now its just a kettenkrad
20 Jul 2016, 08:16 AM

it was good when it could supress, now its just a kettenkrad, that can defeat any early game infantry at long range if they lack cover and thust cap left site of angoville unless enemy send 2 squads there

Fixed
20 Jul 2016, 09:06 AM

Capping enemy cutoff 1vs1 when enemy is USF:

"Thump, Thump" The mortars said.
"Boom, boom" The shells said.
"We have lost a light vehicle" OKW said.

Seriously how many times has player to click to make the kubel drive circles inside the cap?

Thank god people don't ghost against it often... it would be useless if people would somehow learn to do it... Try to push me trought that unfinished sandbag i dare you...
21 Jul 2016, 16:33 PM

The kubel is actually pretty meh for capping, especially at the start. The amount of time it takes to turn around and resolve its pathing is just too much. Unless the map is long and narrow its better to just use the kubel for support fire and flanking i find ... what Infinite said.
21 Jul 2016, 22:13 PM

The kubel is actually pretty meh for capping, especially at the start. The amount of time it takes to turn around and resolve its pathing is just too much. Unless the map is long and narrow its better to just use the kubel for support fire and flanking i find ... what Infinite said.

It's still much better at capping than infantry due to the speed and faster capping rate.
22 Jul 2016, 11:16 AM

And you can tell it where to move, not just cap on minimap like crazy so once it cap the point it go to another without rotating

(first order - give here direction in whitch it should be turned, possibly as close to centre of capping point as possible , then tell it to cap point via shift then repeat until all points you want are queed)
22 Jul 2016, 16:37 PM

And you can tell it where to move, not just cap on minimap like crazy so once it cap the point it go to another without rotating

(first order - give here direction in whitch it should be turned, possibly as close to centre of capping point as possible , then tell it to cap point via shift then repeat until all points you want are queed)

genuis! and I thought i mastered shift+clickng.

I never new if its close enough to the point that it wouldnt need to do any movement. I always assumed the kubel will always do some stupid clowncar circle-driving when you tell it cap something right beside it; It likes to stick its nose right into things.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★