Login

russian armor

T-34/76 feels plain pathetic

PAGES (14)down
10 Aug 2013, 18:21 PM

are stugs a viable counter to t34 spam?
10 Aug 2013, 18:40 PM

11 Aug 2013, 10:35 AM

t34 needs a buff but its not a waste in 2v2's. In 4v4's' its a must late game for ramming tigers/panthers.(1 players goes t34 rest goes su85)

In 2v2 its usable for ramming given a good conditions and good vs inf.

Never engage a panzer 1v1 alone. Use it more as a unit that kills inf and stays in background of inf engagements if a panzer is out. Now if u have defeated enough troops to engage a good ram, do it and finish the ger tank.

If ger player gets cocky just ram and kill the ger tank.

Now u should have more tanks than him given the first successful attack. Should give u a win in the long run.

Sure its risky and if u never create a good condition for ramming u loose.

t34 does not "feel" like the tank it was in RL in this game or even a tank imo.

(t34 ranked nr1 tank of all times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVg6gFmuRlE

Sure u need balance but I would like the game to reflect the 3 elements that made it #1 tank.

It was easy to fix and easy to build in comparison to complex ger tanks. This should be in game imo, repairing should be faster.

Speed, make it faster.

Armour, Come on!
11 Aug 2013, 11:56 AM

Permanently Banned
Are t34s a viable counter to stug spam?

Yes.
11 Aug 2013, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2013, 10:35 AMjohnny
t34 needs a buff but its not a waste in 2v2's. In 4v4's' its a must
(t34 ranked nr1 tank of all times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVg6gFmuRlE

Sure u need balance but I would like the game to reflect the 3 elements that made it #1 tank.

It was easy to fix and easy to build in comparison to complex ger tanks. This should be in game imo, repairing should be faster.

Speed, make it faster.

Armour, Come on!

Funny how the guys from the documentary gave the T-34 almost the full points available for firepower. Even for 1941 the gun was only slightly above average. The T-34/85 had also only average firepower for the time, roughly that of the Panzer IV/StuG which got their weapon almost 2 years earlier.

Also the armor protection got a almost full rating? Again, this is for 1941, by the time the game is set (1944) this protection was not better than average. Even the slope didn´t help. Pretty much any German anti tank weapon of the time could take out the T-34 at combat range. Hell, even the standard infantry grunt received Panzerfausts to knock them out.

- So no on the Armor-buff.

- The ease to repair imo is already in game with the "crew repairs" and the "conscript repair" abilities. Giving the T-34 an even faster repair speed would make ram spam even more worthwile as you could repair the damaged tank more easily.

- What the T-34 needs is a slight price reduction, a non doctrinal and available 85mm upgrade and better odds when flanking. Maybe an overdrive ability also.
11 Aug 2013, 12:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Can't change T34 unless its AI or Ram is changed.
11 Aug 2013, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2013, 12:33 PMNullist
Can't change T34 unless its AI or Ram is changed.

I believe in one of the shoutcasts, they interviewed a developer and they did say there would be some changes to ram when they change the t34.

I really hope that it isn't just a stat change. Seeing the T34/85 builable would make me a very happy man.
11 Aug 2013, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Its been shown that T34s can still Ram even if the engine is dmged after the Ram is activated and before impact.
11 Aug 2013, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2013, 14:53 PMNullist
Its been shown that T34s can still Ram even if the engine is dmged after the Ram is activated and before impact.

This is correct -

Ram is fucking terrible.
11 Aug 2013, 22:57 PM

Not sure if someone has pointed this out yet:

T34/76: 640 HP 115 Front 70 Rear 75 pen
Ostwind: 640 HP 105 Front 52.5 Rear 35 Pen

T34/76 71% to frontally penetrate Ostwind
Ostwind 30% to frontally penetrate T34/76

Also:

The last game I played using a T-34 I lost. Why?

well besides the fact Ive now lost my voice due to the apocalyptic abuse I was screaming and the inevitable rage quit that followed. Now that I am calm I shall explain.

I witnessed a T-34 fire 8 shells at the rear armor of an Ostwind. And the Ostwind shrugged it off and drove away.... with a blown engine from AT grenades.

That same time, the Ostwind came back and did it again. Also. A Panzer IV, with half health and a blown engine. Was flanked by a full health T-34 which I drove around him specifically and fired into his side and rear from POINT BLANK. The Panzer turned round and killed the T-34 without so much as a scratch.

T34 has 100% penetration to the rear of an Ostwind. Either you were moving the T34 and had the 50% accuracy penalty, or it didn't happen.
12 Aug 2013, 03:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2013, 14:53 PMNullist

Blitzkrieg also works with a damaged engine. Both issues should be fixed. Although, I am guessing that fixing the "in-progress ram with engine damage" issue will be a harder programming problem to resolve.
12 Aug 2013, 06:16 AM

Am I the only one who prefers the T-34 over the Su85?

I always go T-70 -> T-34/76 -> T-34/85

Two T-34/76's can handle a P4 pretty well. The combination of T-70's and T-34 rapes infantry.

Also, I find that if you go for a really quick T-70, you force the german player into getting Paks or shecks, which are stealable, which lets you handle P4's a bit easier.

I never use the Su85. I find it's way too specialized, and it serves only one role, and is completely hopeless at everything else. Sometimes I'll get it, but it's usually only if the game really goes the distance, and I start encountering panthers.
12 Aug 2013, 06:46 AM

Permanently Banned

Blitzkrieg also works with a damaged engine. Both issues should be fixed. Although, I am guessing that fixing the "in-progress ram with engine damage" issue will be a harder programming problem to resolve.

Blitzkrieg seems to be a % modifier. Engine damaged vehicles that Blitzkrieg move only slightly faster than without it, and certainly still substantially slower than at normal speed.

Do you know why? Let me tell you.

Because Blitzkrieg also affects rate of fire, which is engine irrelevant.

These are two different unrelated issues, and the speed of an engine damaged Blitzkrieging vehicle is STILL slower than normal, meaning its working fine.

Ram however, is not working fine.

M3s with engine damage can still Overdrive at 100% speed, indicating it is a concrete modifier, but obviously broken and bugged.
13 Aug 2013, 04:19 AM

I wonder what they meant by they don't want to make it more effective
"at least in the front"
13 Aug 2013, 16:54 PM

I wonder what they meant by they don't want to make it more effective
"at least in the front"

I think it means that they don't want the t34 penetrating the panzer 4's front armor easily. So maybe they will make it so the t34 can gain an advantage from getting to the sides and rear, but right now the damage of the t34 and panzer 4 are so different that it doesn't matter where the t34 is, it's going to lose.
13 Aug 2013, 17:31 PM

I think it means that they don't want the t34 penetrating the panzer 4's front armor easily. So maybe they will make it so the t34 can gain an advantage from getting to the sides and rear, but right now the damage of the t34 and panzer 4 are so different that it doesn't matter where the t34 is, it's going to lose.

Keep in mind this game doesn't actually have "side armour".
14 Aug 2013, 22:51 PM

Aye, I really think side Armour should have been included in this game.

It is hard to "flank" enemy tank (destroyers) if the so called flank is as hard has the front.
15 Aug 2013, 15:23 PM

I also felt that the armor zones of vehicles lack a more detailed implementation.

if i remember correctly from coh1 a vehicle is basicly split in half, front zone and rear zone. projectiles are always fired at center of a vehicle, so unless you are actually slightly behind the target you always hit the front armor.

i think it is not rewarding enough for trying to get into the flank of a vehicle and not punishing enough for revealing a vehicles side and leads to gimpy vehicle/tank usage.

but i have no idea if relic actually changed smth within this implementation.
A good example in my eyes is the implementation of bf3 in which the impact degree also is quite a factor.

regards
ace
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment