Login

russian armor

Resources sink for OKW trucks

10 Dec 2015, 05:42 AM

Messing with manpower income is dangerous, in terms of game balance. Manpower decides games.

I'd rather they just paid a lot more for their units. 300mp for volks, 400mp sturms.

(Or revert the patch and make OKW cool again.)

good idea
nee
10 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

What do you guys think of the buildable HQ trucks? I perfsonally find it makes the OKW far more flexible than it needs to be, and also removes a very large strategic hardpoint that made fighting as/ against OKW a critical part of playing the game.
Being able to now build HQ trucks at a rather fast rate and cheap cost takes away the huge strategic value these trucks had prior to the patch.

Before HQ trucks cost nothing, but you can only ever have one at a time and it takes, what 100-120 seconds after it is deployed/ destroyed before you get another one, regardless of your economy. This made them extremely valuable to protect and to take out because despite zero costs the impact is enormous.

Now all you need is 15 fuel and half the cost of Volks to quickly deploy, so OKW now has a very tenable option of blitz-teching, even if you stagger a volks/ kubel between every truck queue.
Destroying HQ trucks used to be a priority target that when destroyed was a big setback to the opponent because of the wait time...now all you need is another 15 fuel to get it back, and quickly.
10 Dec 2015, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 12:35 PMnee
What do you guys think of the buildable HQ trucks? I perfsonally find it makes the OKW far more flexible than it needs to be, and also removes a very large strategic hardpoint that made fighting as/ against OKW a critical part of playing the game.
Being able to now build HQ trucks at a rather fast rate and cheap cost takes away the huge strategic value these trucks had prior to the patch.

Before HQ trucks cost nothing, but you can only ever have one at a time and it takes, what 100-120 seconds after it is deployed/ destroyed before you get another one, regardless of your economy. This made them extremely valuable to protect and to take out because despite zero costs the impact is enormous.

Now all you need is 15 fuel and half the cost of Volks to quickly deploy, so OKW now has a very tenable option of blitz-teching, even if you stagger a volks/ kubel between every truck queue.
Destroying HQ trucks used to be a priority target that when destroyed was a big setback to the opponent because of the wait time...now all you need is another 15 fuel to get it back, and quickly.

only thing I'd agree with is increasing truck cost...all other nerfs in this thread..just no. also refer to: http://www.coh2.org/topic/46045/nerf-okw-trucks-structure-hp
13 Dec 2015, 11:13 AM

Similar changes wit the one proposed here can be found in miragefla mode that can be found here:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/45928/miragefla-s-december-balance-mod-additions

So anyone who would like to test them can do so with this mode...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★