Login

russian armor

PG's bundle-grenade vs usf riflemen grenade

8 Dec 2015, 21:40 PM

From my experience playing I can say that the usf grenade is a lot more powerfull than the panzer grenadiers bundled grenade. The usf one does good damage and can sometimes one-shot Östheer 4-man squads. The panzergrenadier's bundled 45 munition grenade rarely kills more than 2 men in a enemy squad. Anyone feel the same?

Tl;dr bundled nades weak as turds
8 Dec 2015, 21:53 PM

From my experience playing I can say that the usf grenade is a lot more powerfull than the panzer grenadiers bundled grenade. The usf one does good damage and can sometimes one-shot Östheer 4-man squads. The panzergrenadier's bundled 45 munition grenade rarely kills more than 2 men in a enemy squad. Anyone feel the same?

i've actually seen both... i've seen full squad wipes or hardly any damage. and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it as well... i've pretty much stopped using them at all, since 45 ammo is too expensive for something this unreliable.
8 Dec 2015, 22:13 PM

Yes, the PGs bundle nade is garbage. I don't think it's worth the 45 muni at all. Don't get me wrong it works here n they. The inconsistent make it not worth it
8 Dec 2015, 22:20 PM

Doesn't the bundle grenade have a random scatter on it? That may be part of the issue.
8 Dec 2015, 22:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

At this point I think the MK II and the Bundled Grenade are actually alike in damage effectiveness according to the attribute editor, and the Bundled Grenade is technically superior in combat effectiveness by having no scatter and being thrown faster. The MK II seems far better via the saturation from being on a platform that is built far more, the ability itself is cheaper, and that platform can throw them twice as often at vet 3.

...that being said, I certainly do not think the Bundled Grenade's current performance is deserving of the +15 munitions cost, nor am I certain that the Bundled Grenade isn't just plain bugged or something.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 22:20 PMSwift
Doesn't the bundle grenade have a random scatter on it? That may be part of the issue.

It looks to me that the MK II (both Paratrooper and Rifle), and Obersoldaten Bundled Grenade has scatter. The Panzergrenadier version, however, should not.
8 Dec 2015, 22:40 PM

The bundled nade is not very useful. For 45 ammo it doesn't do enough damage to justify itself and seems highly unreliable even if it has no scatter.

I also find that PGrens often take ages to actually obey the command. Sometimes a good 2-3 seconds happens between them confirming the throw and the guy actually beginning the animation.
8 Dec 2015, 23:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Not saying theres anything wrong with the mk ll. But the bundle grenade has been trash for a long time. No reason to justify spending 45 munitions when commando nade (best nade in game is 35 munitions, and mk2 that is very close in terms of effectiveness is 30 munitions.

Increase damage from 80 to 100? Or simply increase effective AOE.
9 Dec 2015, 01:01 AM

IIRC the bundled nade have a bit bigger AOE

although it should still be 40-35 munition instead of 45
9 Dec 2015, 03:30 AM

Hey folks. Let's not forget these guys have assault rifles! No other units got them. That being said, for 45 munis the bundled grenade is pretty weak sauce. It could use quite a buff, but not too much. After all, I did have this match a couple of hours ago.

These guys are the ultimate USF blob terminators.

The bundled grenade imo should be replaced with a regular stick grenade for 30 munition and a smoke grenade for 15. The above photo is what a well placed bundle grenade can do. So we should be careful about what we give these already very powerful units.
9 Dec 2015, 03:47 AM

Hey folks. Let's not forget these guys have assault rifles! No other units got them. That being said, for 45 munis the bundled grenade is pretty weak sauce. It could use quite a buff, but not too much. After all, I did have this match a couple of hours ago.

These guys are the ultimate USF blob terminators.

The bundled grenade imo should be replaced with a regular stick grenade for 30 munition and a smoke grenade for 15. The above photo is what a well placed bundle grenade can do. So we should be careful about what we give these already very powerful units.

if PG got smoke could be awesome, it is been a while since I use PG as AI infantry as it just not line with any other AI infantry anymore. also I think USF should move their smoke nades(also should be nades instead of rifle nade) into their captain, major and LT, to prevent USF keep on spam them to nullify german defenses in a huge area.
9 Dec 2015, 03:53 AM
Donator 11

I can see smoke nade as a cool buff to pgrens that doesnt make them OP, just more usefull but only if it is disabled once they upgrade shrecks. Shrecked pgrens with smoke would be mad.
9 Dec 2015, 05:30 AM

This ability has been bugged for a long time. Dunno why relic always ignores this issue. I have given up to use it.
9 Dec 2015, 05:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 05:30 AMatouba
This ability has been bugged for a long time. Dunno why relic always ignores this issue. I have given up to use it.

There are a lot of issues like this that Relic ignores, they are honestly the absolute most lazy devs I have ever seen.
9 Dec 2015, 05:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 05:35 AMRemo

There are a lot of issues like this that Relic ignores, they are honestly the absolute most lazy devs I have ever seen.

Ah they are busy selling commanders.
9 Dec 2015, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 05:30 AMatouba

it's not really a bug. the bundle grenade on the panzergrenadier and the guard nades have both been 45 munition ever since released of the original two armies. They are a bit "outdated" but I don't think the grenade is weak, just over priced.

the light gammon bomb on commandos is too powerful, really. given their access to cloak they could have just gotten the standard mills bomb.

bundled nade and the pineapple have identical AOE. just lower the price of the bundled nade to 35 munition.
9 Dec 2015, 07:52 AM

Step one: give pzgrens the regular grenade.
Step two: buff bundle grenade AOE. That would not be a big deal, its usage becoming even more rare, because there are 2-3 unit types in the whole Axis army (including both factions) that will be using it. Stormtoopers, Falls... and can't remember any other right now....:unsure:
9 Dec 2015, 09:58 AM

Doesnt the bundle nade do bonus damage vs structures?
9 Dec 2015, 10:12 AM

Guards Rifle nade godlike
9 Dec 2015, 10:24 AM

Even if it does, I didn't observe a difference.
9 Dec 2015, 22:58 PM

The grenade ability of the assault grenadiers do insane damage to buildings. Im thinking of the ability where each member of the squad throws 1 normal model 24 stick-grenade. A single use of this ability is able to destroy small buildings, like the russian log cabins on many maps. i have used this to wipe mg's and the like of unexpecting players. Broken? Relic don't care ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★