Login

russian armor

Flare of soviet sniper & Trip flare wire.

28 Jun 2013, 02:33 AM

Can they detect enemy sniper or any other camo unit?

like a scanner of commandcenter in SC :)

28 Jun 2013, 02:56 AM

I am not sure :D
But if we are at it: Shouldn't a Tripwire kill a Sniper right of the bat? Even normal troops with 80 hp loose 1 model. And the Sniper is only 1 model with 40 hp.
28 Jun 2013, 03:56 AM

Just tested it and no they cant detect the German sniper. In addition to this if the German sniper counter snipes and is in cover he will cloak before the Russian sniper can fire back. COH2 stats is wrong for the Russian sniper it shows them having a range of 35 when its actually 50 in game. I think it just has the conscript stats so it may need updating. Range 35 might help with the sniper car problem though, just a thought.
VRL
28 Jun 2013, 10:51 AM

But the sniper would be completely useless if it had the same range as conscripts...
28 Jun 2013, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2013, 10:51 AMVRL
But the sniper would be completely useless if it had the same range as conscripts...

Slightly off topic, but something needs to be done about the gross sniper imbalance anyway. The Sov sniper is pretty solid and the German one is rubbish simply by the fact that:

- They cost the same
- Sov can afford to lose one guy to a tank shell or mortar or lucky crit or something and retreat to reinforce, German one is 360MP and vet gone if someone looks at him funny
- German sniper is always fighting 50-100% bigger squads. His rate of fire isn't noticeably better to compensate, especially once Sov sniper gets vet (which it is more likely to do and keep due to 2man)
- Explosive round or whatever is mostly useless, flare is situationally useful
- Sov sniper works with M3, German sniper has no equivalent
28 Jun 2013, 15:23 PM

You looked up the false Sniper weopen. The Spotter has 35 Range.
28 Jun 2013, 16:52 PM

The explosive round is completely useless, compared to the flare. By the time you have access to it, the enemy rarely walks up with lonely squads, and there's rarely any one unit you *need* to stun amongst soviet infantry (except perhaps, approaching shock troops, which come en masse anyway).

The German sniper is supposed to get some faster rate of fire with vet. Anyone know what this bonus is?
29 Jun 2013, 03:41 AM

Coh2 Stats says:
vet2:
reload weapon modifier 0.71
cooldown weapon modifier 0.71
vet3:
reload weapon modifier 0.71
cooldown weapon modifier 0.71

That means with vet 2 he shoots 30% faster and with vet3 50% faster. (I think... maybe its 60% faster with vet3? o_O never had a vet 3 Sniper.) And I am not sure if his Rate of Fire is influenced by ready aim time and such things. That could mean that the bonus from the to increased modifiers doesnt translate directly to the Rate of Fire.

Vet3 also gives Armormodifier 2, so I guess he has then 4 Armor?
The Soviet Sniperteam gets exactly the same boni with vet.
29 Jun 2013, 05:04 AM

The sniper has 50 range. It's same both soviet and german.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★