Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
25 Aug 2016, 19:18 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

I wouldnt even believe, if i wouldnt see it. The exact same will happening soon to coh2 like it happened to dow2. The small community will split in 2. And the game ends :)
29 Aug 2016, 14:57 PM
Donator 22

A few thoughts that I had after playing Ostheer with the mod for a couple of games. Probably will provide more feedback as I play more games, also for the other factions.

-251 Halftrack I really like that the 251 Halftrack is available after teching to battlephase 1, really opens up a lot of new strategies. Only the healing of squads that there inside feels a bit gimmicky. Either make the healing faster or give it a Healing AoE Ability.

-Pioneers The repair speed upgrade was helpful, but it doesn´t solve the problem with getting vet without a flamer. Maybe give them a bit more damage up close, at least that they can reliably beat Combat engineers and rear echelons then they manage to get close. You should also consider lowering the vet requirements for vet 1 (For the same reasons you did it with Sturmpioneers). With the changes to the med kit it´s really useful, but hard to get especially now that it is only found on Pioneers and Osttruppen.

-Panzergrenadiere The new vet ability is good, only then upgraded with g43 they become real monsters, it’s a bit too good for that price.

-Jaeger Light Infantry The Idea is really good and the commander becomes really good with call in infantry, the only problem the Jaeger overlap in their role with grens. They feel like a better version of them without anything special. There decap bonus is good but barely notable in game. Camouflage is good, but with this commander you can upgrade cloak on every other infantry squad, (By the way why can’t pioneers be upgraded with camouflage? It makes the most sense for them. You could let infantry close in on them so that they can deal damage). Sprint without a grenade is rather useless, you can flank a mg but then it takes ages to kill it.
My suggestion would be to turn it more into a mid-range skirmish squad with special abilities. Give them g43 with good moving accuracy and a grenade (maybe even something like the smoke nade from fallschirmjägers) also to support their role in decapping and harassing points the ability to plant a demo on the points would be great (can´t remember the exact name). This would separate them from grens and give them a unique role.
30 Aug 2016, 04:15 AM
Developer Relic Badge

A few thoughts that I had after playing Ostheer with the mod for a couple of games. Probably will provide more feedback as I play more games, also for the other factions.

-251 Halftrack

-Pioneers

-Panzergrenadiere

-Jaeger Light Infantry

251:I want to avoid a mass AOE heal for the 251 which could be too powerful. As for healing speed, it's on par with the Tommy heal and I don't want to make it too fast where it'll heal troops to low to full in less than 20-30 seconds. It should still take a tad bit time given the healing is pretty much included for a unit that can reinforce.

Pioneers: They already beat CE and RE in most cases if they close with most of their health. If anything for the engineers, maybe lower requirements for vetting up.

Panzergrenadiers: I might reduce the short-range of the G43 further to make a greater difference between the weapons.

Jaegar: I've been thinking about adding more utility to further emphasize their role as harrasment/capture troops rather than combat. Possibly allowing them to reduce resource rate on a point and add it to their owning player's resources giving them a use while remaining cloaked in hostile territory.

Maybe give them a G43 Sniper Rifle like JLI for OKW as an upgrade. Though, I really want to make an infantry that can engage at long-range that can easily disengage, hide and then heal before returning to make them a very potent harassment unit and unique.

You don't deal with this squad, then you can be cut-off/drained very easily if you're not careful.

Also this unit has a superior cloak to the ambush cloak as they can remained stealthed while moving.

30 Aug 2016, 06:48 AM

Give JLI demo , or mine or bandle nade. Thats it. Pios are ok. 251is ok.
30 Aug 2016, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

On G43s: my idea was to give Grens the PGren version, while PGrens get the JLI version. Costs 60 munitions. This way there is a large difference between the two versions.

On WM Jaegers: what if a 50% cap speed increase was given when decapping a point, but a 50% cap speed decreases when capping?

That would truly make them a powerful harassment unit, but won't be overpowered as the cap speed evens out over the entire course of capturing a point.
30 Aug 2016, 12:10 PM

Simply move G43 from PGs to pioneer...

Open allot more possibilities...
31 Aug 2016, 10:31 AM
Donator 22

Pioneers: They already beat CE and RE in most cases if they close with most of their health. If anything for the engineers, maybe lower requirements for vetting up.

I'll get your point. Although I still think they should get a bit better close up dps. But lowering the vet requirements just for vet 1 wouldn´t cause too many problems and open up more strategic freedom for Ostheer concerning their healing options. Also if they should be able to upgrade with camouflage like grens and pgrens with the specific commander.

Jaegar: I've been thinking about adding more utility to further emphasize their role as harrasment/capture troops rather than combat. Possibly allowing them to reduce resource rate on a point and add it to their owning player's resources giving them a use while remaining cloaked in hostile territory.

Sound really interesting. Maybe also give them some sort of beacon (similar to Pathfinder) that can detect enemy movement. And if you want to further emphasize their support and utility role give them smoke nades. It would help them to disengage and hide. I also like AtomicRockets idea of giving them a 50% speed increase when decapping.

6 Sep 2016, 10:22 AM
Donator 22

OKW T3 I really like the change to the Okw tech structure, with the side tech in t3. The only problem with the low price of the flak upgrade (100 mun) is, that it's way easier to deny an area of the map to the opponent much earlier. I would recommend to rise the price of the flak upgrade to 200 mun, and return it to its old price if the side tech for tanks is completed.

OST Jäger The new ability is amazing. It might be too good, considering the opponent has no clue without looking at all resource points and controlling if the income is lower than normal. Is it possible to let a territory flicker maybe every 10 sec? So that it´s like the Opel blitz truck but only every 10, 15 sec. Also adding an upgrade for one g43 sniper rifle would help them dealing more damage, otherwise you don't loose that much combat power if you just park them the whole game on the enemy's fuel point.
8 Sep 2016, 07:12 AM
Developer Relic Badge

OKW T3 I really like the change to the Okw tech structure, with the side tech in t3. The only problem with the low price of the flak upgrade (100 mun) is, that it's way easier to deny an area of the map to the opponent much earlier. I would recommend to rise the price of the flak upgrade to 200 mun, and return it to its old price if the side tech for tanks is completed.

OST Jäger The new ability is amazing. It might be too good, considering the opponent has no clue without looking at all resource points and controlling if the income is lower than normal. Is it possible to let a territory flicker maybe every 10 sec? So that it´s like the Opel blitz truck but only every 10, 15 sec. Also adding an upgrade for one g43 sniper rifle would help them dealing more damage, otherwise you don't loose that much combat power if you just park them the whole game on the enemy's fuel point.

I'll look into the JLI for Ostheer in terms of the sector possibly flashing every so often. Less so on the Flak truck as it's very vulnerable to being shelled and means you need to bank up 100 munitions and sacrifice other upgrades.

Anyways, tomorrow I will be uploading a new version with test stuff:

OKW Infantry Veterancy 4 and 5 Rework

As a start, OKW veterancy is being revamped so veteran levels 1-3 provide standard bonuses on par with the other factions while veterancy 4 and 5 provides various utilities and

abilities rather than raw offesenves/defensive boosts.

Obersoldaten

-Veterancy 4 passives removed.
-Veterancy 4 now provides 'Suppressive Fire' which grants the squad the ability to suppress for a short period of time, similar to the Paratrooper LMG ability. (Already in from ages ago)

Panzerfusiliers

-Veterancy 4 15% Accuracy Bonus changed to 33% increase in capture and decapture speed.

(Random Note: Ability was previously going to be all squad members launching Rear Echalon Rifle Grenades in unison that had scatter like Assault Grenadier Grenades)

Fallschirmjager

-Veterancy 3 received accuracy bonus removed.
-Weapon accuracy and range boost at veterancy 4 and 5 moved to veterancy 3 for +30% weapon accuracy and +5 range.
-Veterancy 4 increases Panzerfaust range by 5 and damage by 20.
-Veterancy 5 grants 'Go to Ground'. Allows Fallschirmjager to cloak, even in the open, but disables weapons, movement, and drastically limits ability range. Gives -15% Received Accuracy.
-Now use the Tommy formation

Volksgrenadier

Slight improvements to the Volksgrenadier's core vet due to the lose of stats of veterancy 4 and 5.

-Veterancy 4 and 5 offensive bonuses removed.
-Veterancy 2 Weapon accuracy to 1.35 from 1.3.
-Received accuracy at veterancy 3 from 0.9 to 0.86.
-Veterancy 4 decreases Faust and Incendiary recharge by 33%.
-Veterancy 5 grants 'Dig-in'. Volks receive 15% less received accuracy and receive a unique LMG 34 that deals roughly 6 DPS at all range after 6 seconds of having their weapons

disabled. Squad is immobile. Toggling the ability off removes the LMG.

Jeagar Recon Squad

-Veterancy 4 changed to give the 'Snipe' ability. For 30 munitions, the squad can snipe a single model. Rifle has a 3.5 second aim-time.
-Veterancy 5 now allows the squad to detect units with a range of 35, even in the FOW.

MG-34

-Veterancy 4 now provides +6 sight.
-Veterancy 5 grants 'Sustained Fire'. Drastically improves durst length by 50%, burst rate of fire by 25%, and redced reload time by 75%. 15 munitions and 15 second duration.

Ostheer

Jeagar Light Infantry

-Can now 'Siphon Resources'. Reduces a point's income by 50% and adds the amoount to the player using the ability. 30 range. Unit cannot move or be ordered to attack else the ability disengages. (Already in, but changew as not posted)

British

Forward Observation Post Ability

To make the ability less reliant on structures, Forward Assemblies can be upgraded to have similar capabilities. Soviets will receive something similar once a building has been

decided for their FHQ and impending adjustments.

-Forward Aseembly can be upgraded to have the Forward Observation Post's abilities for 125 manpower and 25 fuel.
18 Sep 2016, 05:45 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I compiled most of the changes here on the Steam Workshop for easy viewing: here

So I will need feedback on this change I recently added for testing:

Lieutenant

Removed the BAR from the squad to lower the unit's AI effectiveness early on, but granted the unit two new abilities to allow the LT to support units in the field better. The Riflemen in the squad have been nerfed at short-range due to their lower cost at 25 per reinforce vs the 28 of regular and to make an unupgraded LT less powerful in combat by simply charging forward.

-Initial BAR removed.
-Lieutenant now has the 'Push Forward!' ability, allowing a selected non-weapon team unit within 20m to sprint for 10 seconds. 15 munitions.
-Lieutenant now has the 'Spot' ability. This is a toggled ability that forces the squad to remain stationary, but increases sight by 15. Detection range increased by 15 when at Veterancy 2.
-Veterancy 2 25% Weapon Cooldown to 15% Weapon Cooldown.
-Veterancy 1 now also reduces ability recharge by 33%.
-Riflemen Lieutenant M1 Near aim-time from 0.25 to 0.65
-Riflemen Lieutenant M1 Near Cooldown from 0.5 to 0.55
-Riflemen M1 Near Range from 3 to 0.
18 Sep 2016, 13:17 PM
Donator 22

Some bugs concerning the new vet 4 and 5 abilities for OKW:

Fallschirmjäger With the cloak ability active, they can't move, or throw grenades, fausts. The grenade range circle shows up, but you can´t throw them.

LeiFH Rapid Barrage can only be targetted in a very small circle around the minimum range.
The range buff also only applies to the standard barrage, not the Zeroing one. The yellow lines, showing the range are false, as soon as the unit gets vet. You can shoot way further than the lines indicate it.

Jägers The Snipe ability takes way to long, most of the time the target is already dead or moved out of sight.

Panzerfüsiliere The decap buff is maybe a bit too much. With passive sprint, they can decap the whole map in seconds. It also renders the commander ability Breakthrough Tactics obsolete.
18 Sep 2016, 14:53 PM

I don't think it needs more attack range at 45. Anymore and it might be too hard to strike. View, maybe, but the point of the flak track is to be a supportive defense unit that can harm infantry and light vehicles while now being durable enough to back away or do its job. Maybe a toggle would be better, but it's almost always going to be in a defense mode if it's left where it is.

I also wish we could add sandbags for visual FX, but it will not come as the 251 has no sandbag animator state so we're stuck with a floating shield.

Maybe gives it a ring of dirt around to show it has digged in? Like the troops has built a large hole for it to lower in because I'm allergic to MOBA-style unit status icon. Also can you change its projectile so that it no longer clips on dirt? Maybe dig in gives it increased view range and at higher vet give it camo when unpacked? It would certainly fit OKW theme, AAHT doesn't really need more dmg and more range would make it too OP so more utilities would be welcomed.
18 Sep 2016, 23:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Some bugs concerning the new vet 4 and 5 abilities for OKW:

Fallschirmjäger With the cloak ability active, they can't move, or throw grenades, fausts. The grenade range circle shows up, but you can´t throw them.

LeiFH Rapid Barrage can only be targetted in a very small circle around the minimum range.
The range buff also only applies to the standard barrage, not the Zeroing one. The yellow lines, showing the range are false, as soon as the unit gets vet. You can shoot way further than the lines indicate it.

Jägers The Snipe ability takes way to long, most of the time the target is already dead or moved out of sight.

Panzerfüsiliere The decap buff is maybe a bit too much. With passive sprint, they can decap the whole map in seconds. It also renders the commander ability Breakthrough Tactics obsolete.

1. Supposed to happen. Fallschirmjager abilities were supposed to be disabled when they toggled the ability on, but it ran into bugs so it currently makes ability range non-existent. Also they are not supposed to move.

2. Will check it out and fix it.

3.Would have to check, but it's supposed to be long. You either use it in a long-range shootout, or use it while you're stealthed.

4. Might change decap to 15%, but remember the Breakthrough Tactics itself affects all infantry so it'll hardly ever be redundant.

Maybe gives it a ring of dirt around to show it has digged in? Like the troops has built a large hole for it to lower in because I'm allergic to MOBA-style unit status icon. Also can you change its projectile so that it no longer clips on dirt? Maybe dig in gives it increased view range and at higher vet give it camo when unpacked? It would certainly fit OKW theme, AAHT doesn't really need more dmg and more range would make it too OP so more utilities would be welcomed.

I could try maybe having some special sandbags pop-up that are just there, though it would take a bit of work or simply having the terrain deform.
19 Sep 2016, 13:21 PM
Donator 22

1. Supposed to happen. Fallschirmjager abilities were supposed to be disabled when they toggled the ability on, but it ran into bugs so it currently makes ability range non-existent. Also they are not supposed to move.

Ok, but why should I use this ability then? By the time Fallschirmjäger reach vet 5 its most likely the late game, and by then there is enough yellow cover from arty/mortar shells to hide in. For me its just a sit there and do nothing button, I mean you can do basically the same with the passive cloak they get on vet 2. Or is there something I missed?
19 Sep 2016, 13:41 PM
Donator 22

Another idea I came up with by playing a bit with the "all units added" mod.
Why not add a repair bunker to the defensive doctrine? It suits the theme and it would give the Doctrine something unique. The best part is, that there is already a model in game and it looks really nice. It would also help hull down to become more useful, as the tanks could be repaired automatically while out of combat.
I think it would be better then cloak for stugs and p4s with hull down, because I don´t like the concept of invisible tanks and its a real immersion killer.

Another Idea would be, to add concrete bunkers all together to the doctrine. They should cost more, but are also more durable and able to upgrade to hmg, medic or repair bunker.

20 Sep 2016, 02:34 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Ok, but why should I use this ability then? By the time Fallschirmjäger reach vet 5 its most likely the late game, and by then there is enough yellow cover from arty/mortar shells to hide in. For me its just a sit there and do nothing button, I mean you can do basically the same with the passive cloak they get on vet 2. Or is there something I missed?

Because you happen to be in a place with no cover or want to ambush someone from a different angle? It also makes you survive longer if you find say an HMG, etc.

The other idea would be allow them to slowly, and I mean slowly, crawl across the battlefield undetected.
8 Oct 2016, 01:38 AM
Developer Relic Badge

A
Another Idea would be, to add concrete bunkers all together to the doctrine. They should cost more, but are also more durable and able to upgrade to hmg, medic or repair bunker.

No model available sadly. Might change the cloak tanks, though if I could I would simply make it so shells can't phase through cloaked units.

Also changes in-bound, mainly more OKW reworks of their vet:

AEF

M8 Greyhound
An unwanted side-effect of allowing the M8 to fire its canister at a target position was how low the unit's actual AOE making it unable to deal damage vs anything that could even move slightly from the center of the blast. The AOE area has been modified to be far more consistent, though the OHK radius was slightly lowered. Penetration also increased to pen soft vehicles for the canister.

-Canister Distance from 1/2/3 to 0.75/2/3
-Cansiter AOE from 1/0.15/0.05 to 1/0.5/0.35
-Canister penetration from 5 to 15.

M3 Assault Group

Prior undocumentated changes for armour and a slight lowering of cost to better reflect its performance.

-Armour from 5.4/4.2 to 14/7.
-Cost from 520/35 to 490/30.

M20
Reduced the M20's requirements in terms of its veterancy due to its lack of raw damage output unless in dangerously close to other units or is fed XP via its crew from AT duty. Accuracy also increased at veterancy 3 to allow it to better combat vetted infantry.

-Veterancy requirement from 880/1760/3520 to 660/1320/2640
-Veterancy 3 also provides 1.25 weapon accuracy.

Riflemen
Slight reduction in survivability to encourage use of other units and more supporting assets for the USF to allow Riflemen to close the distance, but still good enough to allow Riflemen to hold out late game.

-Veterancy 3 Received Accuracy from 20% to 15%.

Centaur
Lowered the strength of the 20mm barrage ability significantly due to its ability to wipe out weapon teams in a single burst due to its high damage, aoe and rate of fire, even if they are in the process of retreating.

-Centaur Barrage damage from 15 to 10.

Ostheer

StuG and Puma TWP
Lowered the duration of the ability to not take units completely out of the fight if they are hit by the ability. It is still enough to prevent 1-2 shots from most vehicles and locks the turret.

-TWP duration from 15 seconds to 8.

Tiger Ace
Added a fuel cost to the unit, but the penalty to income will remove itself after a period of time. This makes it harder to call-in an Ace to simply seal the game with an armada of tanks made prior, but also means a Tiger Ace that is alive long enough isn't a constant handicap after a certain period.

-Fuel cost to 175.
-Resource penalty inactive after 10 minutes or the Tiger Ace is destroyed.

Elite Training
Restored in a new form to Elite Troops doctrine. This ability now forces a player to engage to make use of it, but benefits the army as a whole.

-Reintroduced where all units under the player's control gains 30% increased veterancy gain for the abilities duration. Timed ability with a 45 second duration and a 100 second recharge. 80 munitions.

Ostheer Panther
Increased the damage of the Ostheer Panther to represent its end tier of the Ostheer tech tree and to reinforce its difference from the StuG where the Panther is meant to tackle heavier vehicles and more advanced mediums. The OKW Panther still has the advantage of arriving earlier, better accuracy, superior veterancy and superior machine guns.

-Damage from 160 to 200.

OKW Vehicle Veterancy Rework

The majority of OKW's veterancy 4 abilities have been modified to no longer provide raw stat boosts, but passives and or abilities that give OKW units an edge. Other units that have not yet been changed will undergo changes as new patches come.

General
With the reduction in raw stats at higher levels of veterancy, OKW units will no longer give as much veterancy to the other side when they reach these levels to better reflect what they have gained.

-Veterancy 4 and 5 grants 0.1 to the unit's value rather than 0.2. This only applies to the units that have been changed so far.

OKW Panther
Panther hunt mode was given to allow the Panther some ability to engage tank destroyers at range in environment where there are simply too many AT vehicles and attacking/diving in or flanking would be unideal due to its lower DPS. While the Panther does lose a significant amount of speed, it is able to hold back in fights it would otherwise be unable to participate in.

-Vet 5 sight bonus from 11 to 10.
-Vet 4 modifiers changed to grant 'Hunt' ability. Panther losses 50% speed for 25% increased range. Toggle ability with a 10 second cooldown.

OKW Panzer IV

-Veterancy 5 sight from 16 to 12.
-Veterancy 4 modifiers replaced with 'S-Mine Launchers'. This ability hits all infantry around the tank for a moderate amount of damage for 25 munitions. 3 second delay before it activates. Disables pintle-mg for 3 seconds.

251 Flak Half-Track

-Veterancy 4 movement modifiers, 15% speed, rotation and 30% de/acceleeration moved to veterancy 2.
-Veterancy 4 changed to automatic self-repair when the vehicle is stationary and out of combat.
-Veterancy 5 increases sight by 12 when the unit is stationary.

Panzer 2 'Luchs'

-Veterancy 4 modifiers replaced with 'Light Mortar Barrage' ability. The Luchs can call in a light mortar barrage of twelve shells to the area. Low damage, but can be used in stealth. Range 45 and 40 munitions.
-Veterancy 5 modifiers replaced with 'Suppressive Barrage' ability. The Panzer II will deal 50% less damage, but deal 0.09 suppression per shot to infantry. Toggle ability.

Jagdtiger

-Veterancy 4 modifers replaced with 'Full Power' ability. Increases rotation rate by 30% and de/acceleration by 20%. No cost, but the Jagdtiger will take engine damage after 10 seconds.

Sturmtiger

-Veterancy 4 modifier replaced with the Sturmtiger no longer be vulnerable to decrewing when the tank is reloading.

Pak 43

-Veterancy 4 damage modifier changed to allow the Pak 43 to track targets in the fog of war when they hit a vehicle, similar to British Hammer tactics.

Kubelwagen

Moved its veterancy around and adjusted to be in line with other OKW units. Furthermore, the Kubel has had its veterancy requirements lowered for the later levels to allow it to reach those ranks.

-Veterancy requirements from 530/1060/2120/2650/3525 to 530/900/1600/2250/2650
-Veterancy ranks 3 and 4 swapped around.
-Veterancy 5 modifers changed to 0.75 addition to the units capture and de/rate for a total of 2.

Jagdpanzer IV
The reload modifier of the Jagdpanzer has been boosted to compensate for the lost of Vet 4 to match other TDs. The ability of the Jagdpanzer was designed with the idea of allowing the Jagdpanzer to allow other units to aid in destroying heavier vehicles without completely neuturing the other sides ability to fight back. The sight penalty was included to allow the ability to be useful to an extent against lighter vehicles.

-Veterancy 4 modifiers changed to 'Shatter Defense' ability. This ability causes -20% sight and -33% armour on hit until repaired. 40 munitions
-Veterancy 3 reload modifier from 0.9 to 0.8.
8 Oct 2016, 01:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Riflemen
Slight reduction in survivability to encourage use of other units and more supporting assets for the USF to allow Riflemen to close the distance, but still good enough to allow Riflemen to hold out late game.

-Veterancy 3 Received Accuracy from 20% to 15%.

:sibHeart::sibHeart::sibHeart::sibHeart::sibHeart:
8 Oct 2016, 02:51 AM

Elite Training
Restored in a new form to Elite Troops doctrine. This ability now forces a player to engage to make use of it, but benefits the army as a whole.

-Reintroduced where all units under the player's control gains 30% increased veterancy gain for the abilities duration. Timed ability with a 45 second duration and a 100 second recharge. 80 munitions.

I'm gonna pretend you copied the idea from wherever I wrote it back in the day :p
8 Oct 2016, 02:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm gonna pretend you copied the idea from wherever I wrote it back in the day :p

Please you probably copied it off me :p

I've had this idea ever since complaints started coming about Troop Training, but great minds think alike.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS