Login

russian armor

Close the pocket: Balanced ?

8 Dec 2015, 08:56 AM

Hi,

Been a while since I've played. I was having a 2v2 as Russians/USK vs doubled Ost.

By late game we were dominating and in a very comfortable position. Then, all hell broke lose.

We sustained an absurd amount of losses from arty that I hadn't experienced since the vCoH Brit-Arty-spam days.

Lol, was extremely tough to comeback from. Eh, I didn't see it mentioned too recently in the Balance forum, so, it can't be that bad...?

Seemed horrific at the time. o_O

EDIT: I see why. Very clever. They cut off one crucial point that effectively made the entire map arty-capital. lolz.
8 Dec 2015, 09:06 AM

8 Dec 2015, 09:06 AM

It's balanced by the fact a single cache counters it and the doctrine has nothing else to go for. The whole commander is designed around that ability. It's gimmicky since it won't work on certain maps.
8 Dec 2015, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 09:06 AMpugzii
what map?

Vaux Farmlands.

It was a beautifully executed cut-off and I'm suprised they pulled it off. In that case, I have no problems with Close the Pocket.

It's balanced by the fact a single cache counters it and the doctrine has nothing else to go for. The whole commander is designed around that ability. It's gimmicky since it won't work on certain maps.

Spot on. Ty.
8 Dec 2015, 10:39 AM

you say yourself that you haven't palyed the game in a long time and the first thing you do is making a balance thread?

sorry but what's the point?
8 Dec 2015, 10:40 AM

Close the pocket is insanely strong, but balanced. Stormless has become a pro to get the arty work perfectly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★