Login

russian armor

Ostheer

8 Dec 2015, 15:14 PM

Helleuh

Have decided upon playing Ostheer again in 1v1s. To me, personally, they still feel very weak and have trouble facing conscript and riflemen hordes whilst themselves being very prone to wipes with their 4 men squads. Apart from their teching being laughable price wise (too expensive) and their medium tank (PIV) being not so great at anything, I still find them hard to use effectively.

The things I can't seem to beat are:

- a horde of concscripts supported by a siper and 2 at guns stalling into an IS2.

- Riflemen hordes supported by rangers and sherman + double at gun stalling into pershing

Advice would be truely appreciated.

*Considering maps, I wish I had more vetoes, because 80% of the maps are just horrible for Ostheer.

Game mode ?

8 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM

-MGs are your friends. All 3 allied factions will outnumber you with infantry, don't be afraid to extend T1 a bit and get a 2nd MG to stabilize the frontline. On urban maps, a mortar might be useful instead, the Ost mortar is a killer.

-Keep grens in pairs against USF/UKF. They will more or less always lose 1v1 fights on their own, you don't want that.

-Use your starting pioneers! Can't tell you how many times sneaking in a pio squad helped tip the balance. Their DPS is acceptable up close, so try to have them support your grens early game.

-Move your MGs. If you see a smoke grenade, pack up immediately and repostition further back. If you see Ooorah'd conscripts and can't reposition in time, retreat. Losing your MGs is a death sentence.

-Consider getting PGrens if the early game went well. They can take some hits and unlike Grens can win 1v1 engagements, and also plug Ostheer's weakness in urban maps.

-Panzer 4 is only worth it if you comfortably won the early game. Otherwise getting a Stug is more prudent. You might hurt on anti-infantry a bit more but a properly supported Stug can tackle anything short of Jacksons or Comets. A pair of properly used Stugs can handle any single allied tank.

-If you start to fall behind, take territory one at a time. Have your MGs in an overlapping field of fire. The longer you're driven off from the field, the more muni your opponent has to fuel the doomblob and the more fuel they have for the medium tank onslaught. Better hold on to 50% of the map comfortably, than try to hold on to 70% and get beaten back by a strong push.
8 Dec 2015, 20:06 PM

Game mode ?

1v1 as stated in OP
8 Dec 2015, 20:07 PM

-MGs are your friends. All 3 allied factions will outnumber you with infantry, don't be afraid to extend T1 a bit and get a 2nd MG to stabilize the frontline. On urban maps, a mortar might be useful instead, the Ost mortar is a killer.

-Keep grens in pairs against USF/UKF. They will more or less always lose 1v1 fights on their own, you don't want that.

-Use your starting pioneers! Can't tell you how many times sneaking in a pio squad helped tip the balance. Their DPS is acceptable up close, so try to have them support your grens early game.

-Move your MGs. If you see a smoke grenade, pack up immediately and repostition further back. If you see Ooorah'd conscripts and can't reposition in time, retreat. Losing your MGs is a death sentence.

-Consider getting PGrens if the early game went well. They can take some hits and unlike Grens can win 1v1 engagements, and also plug Ostheer's weakness in urban maps.

-Panzer 4 is only worth it if you comfortably won the early game. Otherwise getting a Stug is more prudent. You might hurt on anti-infantry a bit more but a properly supported Stug can tackle anything short of Jacksons or Comets. A pair of properly used Stugs can handle any single allied tank.

-If you start to fall behind, take territory one at a time. Have your MGs in an overlapping field of fire. The longer you're driven off from the field, the more muni your opponent has to fuel the doomblob and the more fuel they have for the medium tank onslaught. Better hold on to 50% of the map comfortably, than try to hold on to 70% and get beaten back by a strong push.

Thank you sir, I shall use this!
8 Dec 2015, 20:09 PM

1v1 as stated in OP

I love to miscread some thinks. Alright so lets move then.

Maybe you should try to tell me agains what buider you have problem. Because I think 4 cons / rifles are a lot unsuspecifical . Is it transition into fast light tank or simply molostyle into call ins ?

The more you tell me about your problem the more I can help you
8 Dec 2015, 23:18 PM

Helleuh
Apart from their teching being laughable price wise (too expensive) and their medium tank (PIV) being not so great at anything, I still find them hard to use effectively.

Overpriced junk P4 with bad accuracy vs infantry and laughable penetration.
A pen buff for pz 4.

say it to t34 in T4 >:(
about ostheer vs sov - no sniper,have at least2 mg(one guard other frome fast run lolotov)
if he go ppsh con or shock - PZ gren for all range combat
if guards - mortar and lmg grens(many) wirh mg42,no 222 or flame car
if 120 mortar - no mortar for you and pray
always have 2 at(!!!) after 5 min (m17 is a beast)i often rush them and have 2 and it's kill 1 pack 100%
after you hit t3 it's ok but if he has t 34\85 you need get panther ASAP (stug also work,but 85 have 800 hp and cost only 130f)
call ins
b4 - pray!!!!!!!
ml20 -nothing
kv8 - no pack wall today
kv1 - just ai panther
is2 - panthers+pack No infantry!
kv2 - try to get this on the move and NO infantry!!!
ISU - it's beat ANYTHING in right hands,NO INFANTRY OR PACK!!!!!!!!!!! just let them come in your trap
abot osh. calls
command panzer - get this
tiger - funny but if your enemy go for many su85 - it's not good
it can eat all HP fast and self spot don't give any chance to run
and it not so good in fight with isu or is
also elephant is overkill for sov - t 34-85 need 3 shots,and 2 of them cost as elephant
best to counter IS or KV2 - ISU can deal with it with il2 200mun. bombs
8 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

Ostheer has been overshadowed by OKW. At release, OPKW rendered Ostheer obsolete. Then came down the nerf hammer and turned OKW into UPKW. People started playing Ost, but they had to face Company of Rifles and UKF.

And now, UPKW got changed to OPKW again. Ostheer can be a "decent" faction, but only when OKW is fixed.
aaa
12 Dec 2015, 00:00 AM

completely disregarding the fact the ost sniper is almost entirely useless against anything the soviets can field apart from maybe the engineers.

Its scrubs who use them are useless. OH sniper is battshit OP vs any faction. The same about atg other units. Those who qestion that ether liers or idiots.
12 Dec 2015, 00:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 00:00 AMaaa

Its scrubs who use them are useless. OH sniper is battshit OP vs any faction. The same about atg other units. Those who qestion that ether liers or idiots.

If you manage to get 3+ of them maybe... else the sniper is useless because of 6 men squads. Also remember that apart from initial aim time and reload, the brit sniper is fsster in between shots. So in direct comparison (killing a full squad of the opponent) the brit sniper is always more effective (because quicker). Also countersniping soviet sniper is next to impossible as ost, while the reverse is arguably a lot easier.
12 Dec 2015, 01:01 AM

Permanently Banned
lel if ost sniper is OP then I guess brit sniper is more OP because its better.
12 Dec 2015, 12:33 PM

if its conspam into IS2/KV8; get multiple hmgs; at least 2, try to keep them parallell or overlapping. Try to build a bunker too if you can. Sovs can't kill a well placed bunker head on without teching so that'll force him to cut back on the spam.
12 Dec 2015, 12:33 PM
Patrion 14

Ostheer could have some love for their tech price, thats it. Would make more commanders playable to. They have a nice army composition, but its locked behind too expensive late game tech.
12 Dec 2015, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 12:33 PMStafkeh
Ostheer could have some love for their tech price, thats it. Would make more commanders playable to. They have a nice army composition, but its locked behind too expensive late game tech.

Exactly. Amen.
14 Dec 2015, 04:11 AM

I have already suggested lower the T4 tech cost several times. Now 360/120 is terrible as hell.You simply can't access to T4 tech when you have selected T3 tech. The revamp makes the OKW much more interesting than OH. So when you play larger team games you will always see 3 or 4 OKW vs Allies.
14 Dec 2015, 04:16 AM

Also suffers from late game vehicles repair.If you don't build 3 poineers you have to wait for 1 year to completely repairing your heavy tanks.
14 Dec 2015, 04:57 AM

Yes T4 tech cost is horrible.
14 Dec 2015, 08:37 AM

Permanently Banned
Okw is also more reliable and less fragile than ostheer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight