Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe supply doctrine and OKW

5 Dec 2015, 09:01 AM
Benefactor 115

I haven't tried this in game yet, going to try it a little bit later but.

The Luftwaffe supply doctrine drops 50 fuel over a 60 second period for 200 manpower and can be non-stopped spammed if enough manpower is available, given the recent changes to OKW (How they build the trucks now meaning they can get then out faster) How fast can OKW get a KT out.

Before the recent changes to OKW, they were able to get a KT out in about 13 minutes when using an OSTs Luftwaffe supply doctrine fuel drops.

Well consider you have to buy 3 trucks, 15 fuel each being 45 fuel

Teaching costs
Battlegroup Headquarters 25 fuel
Mechanized Regiment Headquarters 50 fuel
Schwerer Panzer Headquarters 120 fuel

Given total so far including truck cost is 240 fuel

King tiger fuel cost 260

Total fuel cost is 500

Now consider that OKW has a 100% resource income now, and I'm just gonna take a guess and say average fuel income is 24.

A 24 fuel income plus a Luftwaffe supply doctrine (providing it can be used every 60 seconds) will give out 74 fuel a minute.

Lets just say best case scenario in terms of manpower, the OKW and OST will be floating. So the KT is available in terms of Manpower when ready and the Luftwaffe supply doctrine can be spammed.

Considering Luftwaffe supply doctrine is 3CPs, I'm gonna say about 5-7 minutes this ability will be ready.

First 5 minutes of a game lets say a 24 income take away about 12 fuel (first minute of the game capping points) so 108 fuel.

Luftwaffe supply comes in every minute from now.

at the 8 minute point, OKW would have gained 222 fuel, giving them now a total of 330

At the 10 minute point OKW would have gained 148 fuel giving them a total of 478

An OKW can get a KT out in about the ≠ 11-12 minuet mark considering all tech has gotten up without problems, nothing else was build and OST has had a good time with manpower.

Consider this is with a normal fuel income, if your team has been pushing their team back more, you may be able to get it out faster.

What is everyone's opinion on this.
5 Dec 2015, 09:02 AM

when you put it that way...thats some real scary synergy axis got there
5 Dec 2015, 09:27 AM

Im am so tired of getting rushed by a 8 minute lux. It's so annoying. And now that they have all resources they can just tech up their volks with panzerschreck instantly, i feel that okw is slightly broken now.
5 Dec 2015, 09:29 AM

It was the same problem when they still had 66% income. Probably nothing to do about it and now there are way more doctrines with the air drops.
5 Dec 2015, 10:07 AM

Trust me, works better with the new CAS now that it's got resource drops.
5 Dec 2015, 10:12 AM

So out of 4 player 1 is losing all manpower in airdrop a second lose all manpower in teching and they still control at least half the map.

The enemy does not lose to KT they lose to better players.
5 Dec 2015, 10:21 AM

I was abusing 14-15min KT yesterday. Will try even faster today :snfPeter:
No need to play allies anymore. I mean, why would I if I can get KT at 14min mark to fight... Sherman :snfPeter:

It was the same problem when they still had 66% income. Probably nothing to do about it and now there are way more doctrines with the air drops.

Solution is insanely simple. Put KT behind CP requirement. Make it avaible to call in (with all doctrines, just like now) only if you mange to get 13-14CPs.

Really, this patch had potential to become the greatest patch ever but we recevied the puddingest patch ever :foreveralone:
5 Dec 2015, 10:28 AM

I was abusing 14-15min KT yesterday. Will try even faster today :snfPeter:
No need to play allies anymore. I mean, why would I if I can get KT at 14min mark to fight... Sherman :snfPeter:

Solution is insanely simple. Put KT behind CP requirement. Make it avaible to call in (with all doctrines, just like now) only if you mange to get 13-14CPs.

Indeed the best solution
5 Dec 2015, 10:33 AM

One more thing.
Without CAS or Luftwaffe, I was able to get Pz4 and Sturmtiger at 16:50.
What does it mean? It means that If I take away -50fuel (for mech) form Pz4 and ST cost (295F) I would receive Mech HQ and 245F, so only 15 till KT at 16:50 min without supply drop.
But with at least 100fuel from the drop.... :megusta:
5 Dec 2015, 10:34 AM

Kappa, Panzer schwerer is 120 fuel now
5 Dec 2015, 10:36 AM

Kappa, Panzer schwerer is 120 fuel now

Still now enough if you consider that Major is also 120F but it does not atuo-defend sector, nor gives you access to Panther, nor gives you free nades and zooks :foreveralone:

(sure +15F for the truck but I'd gladly pay 15more fuel for major in exchange for auto-defend and nades/or zooks :D )
5 Dec 2015, 11:28 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2015, 10:07 AMSwift
Trust me, works better with the new CAS now that it's got resource drops.

Oh god yes, after trying it with close air support oh man, I do prefer Luftwaffe for some things but, like I prefer to recon overflight over the recon strafe, and anti-infantry strafe I like but I do enjoy the incendiary for support weapons.
5 Dec 2015, 15:00 PM

Lets check this scenario:

From a team one is spending all his manpower for airdrops, one is spending all his manpower in teching and the team although playing roughly with 1 player less still manages to control half the map.

In this case the opponents team will not lose to the KT but to better opponents...

Other points:

having a King tiger does not mean the game is won, it can be countered by cheaper TDs with longer range, is limited to 1 and it rather slow...

In large game cashes return more resources than fuel drop in just few minutes...
5 Dec 2015, 15:02 PM

Don't allow resources to be picked up by team mates.

Problem solved.
nee
5 Dec 2015, 18:37 PM

You're forgetting something arguably more important than fuel, which is manpower.

Ostheer would have to do nothing but expend manpower towards carrying the OKW player, and that carrying only occurs by OKW not needing to worry about fuel- s/he still needs to worry about manpower, especially coordinating the time spent on teching, building HQ truck and then calling in KT.

I don't know why you say best case scenario has both of them floating manpower- if anything they will be sucked dry even faster. Ostheer has to spend it on carrying the ally and not getting his own units to do field work, leaving OKW to do all the field work, which compromises the KT rush.

I don't think most Ostheer players want to win every game by effectively carrying the team by way of being a gasoline stork. They'd have to choose a specific commander and follow a very specific set of actions, actions that demand they do nothing with their manpower except giving fuel. Last I tried, Luftwaffe Supply Drop has a rather quick cooldown, but the crates themselves drop rather slowly over time...time at which the enemy might try to push you out and claim the resources for themselves.

Floating manpower means the enemy does nothing about a persistent lack of 200 manpower worth of unit presence, plus lack of OKW unit presence since he is rushing straight for HQ trucks. That's a lot of initial ground given up just to rush for KT. Any sensible opponent would get the hint that a lot of supply drops, especially over a small number/ specific sector means they will concentrate on that sector and unlike Axis, the Allied side has opportunity to get more units out to fight off Jerry and steal fuel for themselves.

If you're going to win with this strategy I'd think you would regardless of whether you go KT or just Panzer4 rush.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★