Login

russian armor

Constructable 25 Pounder Artillery Emplacement?

Dar
4 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM

Hey community,

since the patch is out, I started to get into the Tools once again and tried to mess around with the Brits. I'm trying to create a 25 Pounder Artillery emplacement that is constructable by sappers. There is actually an entity for it, unfortunatly though, the object is invisible on construction. I wasn't able to fix that, I even tried to start from scratch by taking a German LeFH as blueprint and creating an emplacement for the Brits on that basis.

To no avail. The object stays invisible. Does anybody know a solution for this? Why is the 25 pounder 3d object invisible by default? How can I change that? Can I even change that?

I also couldn't figure out how the British Base is handling the on-tech up construction of the howitzers to learn from that.

Any help is appreciated.
4 Dec 2015, 20:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There is no animation for its construction. You can manually set the construction state to 1 (you can get the exact state from World Builder) to have it show up, though.

As for how it works: there is a construction state that has a range of 0 to 1, which during construction moves from 0 to 1 gradually (like a percentage). This normally controls the animation, showing the various stages of animation, but the 25-pounder does not have any of those animations, so it only shows up when construction is set to 1 (100%).

It is normally an implicit state, so it is not in the AE because anything that has a construction_ext automatically goes through it.
Dar
4 Dec 2015, 20:30 PM

Alright, I get that much.

Thing is, I can actually construct it, sure, there is no animation. But I neither see a ghost when placing the gun, nor is it visibile once the construction state is technically at value 1.

The 25 pdr is there, I can select it, it can actually shoot - but it is invisible.
5 Dec 2015, 05:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Play around in World Builder to find the right combination of states/variables. I know that construction is one of them.
Dar
5 Dec 2015, 20:19 PM

Thanks mate, I got it to show up by adding an animator_set_state to action_apply_ext of the entity, triggering the "maingun_visibility" to "on". That made the howitzer appear.

However, it won't play an animations (and sound) while firing. It will be stuck in the idle state.

My attempts on fixing this prooved fruitless, so -
Ideas/Suggestions?
5 Dec 2015, 22:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Make sure you are using the right weapon, with the right anim_table entries.
Dar
5 Dec 2015, 23:30 PM

Huge thanks man. Once again. I don't know where the modding scene would be without your expertise. You are like a community relations guy for Relic.

The anim_tables were faulty, changing it to the correct set did the trick. Never had to deal with that section before. Still gotta flesh out some details to make the howitzer behave like, for example, the German LeFH, but that should be relatively easy with these major issues out of the way.
26 Jul 2016, 00:54 AM

What changes did you make the the anim_tables to get the animations to work, I cant seem to figure this out. (been trying for several days now)
6 Jul 2018, 23:00 PM

What does this mean?
Thanks mate, I got it to show up by adding an animator_set_state to action_apply_ext of the entity, triggering the "maingun_visibility" to "on". That made the howitzer appear.

Is that two separate steps? What is maingun_visibility? What was in the animator_set_state?

What was meant by this?
Make sure you are using the right weapon, with the right anim_table entries.
Where are the anim_tables? What was changed?

When I go to worldbuilder and put down anything, the only state I can add is SetHealth. How exactly did OP make "edit variables and states" in worldbuilder?

EDIT (for anyone in the future): anim_table can be found in the weapon category of the mod tools. I don't know what to do with it yet, but it is here.

Edit 2: So to replicate the first step and get it to appear,
Go to the entity action_appl_ext
Add an "animator_set_state"
Make the value of state_machine_name "maingun_visibility"
Make the value of do_action_state_name "on"
Make the value of undo_action_state_name "off" (Not sure if this is important yet)

Edit 3: The correct animation set can be found in the one that the main base uses. You have to slone ALL 6 weapons from the buildable 25 pounder, go to their anim tables, find the equivalent weapon for the base artillery and copy the values from it. The values should all only contain something along the lines of "maingun_state" instead of "artillery state".

Unfortunately, now the crew and everyone who garrisons it becomes invisible. Does anyone know how to fix the invisible crew members?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★