7 Dec 2015, 13:59 PM
7 Dec 2015, 14:40 PM
7 Dec 2015, 14:43 PM

:sibDZ:

HA! A repeat! You have lost.
7 Dec 2015, 14:57 PM

HA! A repeat! You have lost.

7 Dec 2015, 15:15 PM

I am still at a loss what the fuss about those "schreckblobs" is. Why are they a problem? Are you trying to do the same stuff every game, rushing into the enemy with your light vehicles and tanks and get actually shot at because you couldn't bother doing something else than pushing right through the middle?

I am just asking because it boggles my mind why so many ppl have a problem with playing against blobs. The only time blobs were indeed insufferable was when CoH:Online was out and you had free "Fire Up" on Rangers (with 2 stock zooks) and Paratroopers (with demo charges) which didn't even have an exhaustion effect afterwards. Which means they could simply break and ignore suppression without paying anything. Or the Stormtrooper squads with 2 Schrecks, who could walk at normal speed while being camouflaged all the time, then suddenly popping up in front of your base and OHKing your tanks or base defenses. THAT was a problem.

How could a Volksblob be any challenge to a good player? They got a 20% increase in damage? Big deal when you take the same thing away by getting a Schreck on them. They have rifles, their vet is worse than that of most other infantry units and they neither have smoke nor any other real utility. How are you not able to deal with a Schreck blob? Keep your tank at max range and suppress them with a single freaking HMG. Shouldn't be so hard when your opponent is "blobbing" as you claim, since there won't be any flanking.

Can you provide a replay pls? I don't like shaking my head all day.

EDIT: And if you think about replying with "yada yada but but they rush vehicles so I have to rush Captain as USF so I don't have an HMG, whinewhine" consider those two simple things: If you opponent rushes vehicles, he won't have a Schreck Blob at the same time. Back teching as USF is a thing, you know? And second, if vehicles come too early, that's another topic, not the Volks' fault. :/
7 Dec 2015, 15:16 PM
7 Dec 2015, 15:33 PM

Okay, I am also disgusted by Volkschreck spam
Zook+Bar+1919 spam is much more disgusting. Let's not overshadow it please.
7 Dec 2015, 15:39 PM

Zook+Bar+1919 spam is much more disgusting. Let's not overshadow it please.

None of those things is on 5 popcap 25 mp to reinforce infantry.
7 Dec 2015, 16:11 PM

I just don't see the problem. Sorry. Not a the high level I cast, not at the lower level I play.
7 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

Game was surely in your Favour when I look at the cp, 4 to almost 8. They shredded you for 10mins WHILE fuel feeding and tech rush? KT is the problem, 100% sure on this:rolleyes:

Everyone I was playing with, including myself is ranked pretty high when it comes to team games. We weren't in a bad spot by 12 min but every German player by that point had p4s and stukas. We held our fuel the whole game and still were just getting out basic medium armor.

There has been a lot of stuff they have patched that is clearly just a matter of l2p, I get that but you cant defend this shit. Shit like this is why so little play anymore. Shit like this is why 25% of the player base quit playing after the British.

http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=company+of+heroes
8 Dec 2015, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 15:15 PMQbix

They have rifles, their vet is worse than that of most other infantry units and they neither have smoke nor any other real utility. How are you not able to deal with a Schreck blob? Keep your tank at max range and suppress them with a single freaking HMG. Shouldn't be so hard when your opponent is "blobbing" as you claim, since there won't be any flanking.

EDIT: And if you think about replying with "yada yada but but they rush vehicles so I have to rush Captain as USF so I don't have an HMG, whinewhine" consider those two simple things: If you opponent rushes vehicles, he won't have a Schreck Blob at the same time. Back teching as USF is a thing, you know? And second, if vehicles come too early, that's another topic, not the Volks' fault. :/

The issue is the MP float of OKW allowing multiple blobs at one time WHILST getting fast vehicles. Last night I played a 2v2 with 9 squads of volks with shrek upgrades. This all for a total of 45pop. Followed by 2 walking stukas to take out mgs and a JP4 because I could.

Got all of this whilst my team mate was pinned in his base most the match (Outclassed by a US player) and I only intermittently holding a single fuel point were at best I held it 60% and that's being generous. We lost and so we should of but that didn't stop me doubling damage of everyone there with my volks hoards surpassing damage output to everyone else there and ending with a postitive kd (By +1 :)). 3x 3 volks with shreks assigned into groups roaming are a nightmare for such a cheap upkeep cost. They happily ended 2x KV8s, 1KV2 which he built specifically to take out said squads. MG's pin one roaming group but the other two would flank or just stuka to death.

It is the upkeep cost of the volks that are the issue. MP floating whilst having huge Volks numbers isn't an issue and it should be.

A
8 Dec 2015, 00:39 AM

Does anyone else think that for OKW a vital unit is missing?

A unit that performs better than Volks and can hold Panzershreks would solve a huge amount of problems, a unit like Grenadiers in vCoh for example.
8 Dec 2015, 02:50 AM

Everyone: just buff Volks to the level of vCoH Grens, or at least slightly weaker.

300 mp, higher upkeep, 30 mp reinforce, more potential for bleed if you use them in human wave attacks, and finally Volks won't fire nerf darts anymore.

OP early game nerfed, and we have a reason for Volks to have a really nice flame nade. OKW faction design statement finally true.

Everyone wins
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS