Login

russian armor

Need help: Liernaux as Axis

4 Dec 2015, 14:07 PM

Hello guys!

I need some advice.
Me and my mate we have never ever won a single game as Axis on the map Liernaux.
What are some good strategies to win the map?
Our enemies most of the time just camp in buildings and we are not able to get them out.
We usually try to rush the fuel point in the middle but we can't hold it for very long.

Help!
4 Dec 2015, 14:25 PM

Veto it and never look back. This map is really hard for axis and I have probably won on that map for 3 or 4 times
4 Dec 2015, 15:21 PM

Lierneux is horizontally divided into three parts, forest, city and open field. This can be used to your atvantage, as each of those parts hold different ressources.

Holding the house directly unter the fuel is certainly strong, so I would advise the Ostheer player to rush this house with Pios and then put an MG in it. However, if you can not get this house, I would suggest trying to cap both ammo points and the VP in the forest. In Lierneux it is easy to get both ammo points in a single attack, as they are next to each other. If you hold them most of the time, you can get all the light MG42/Schrecks you dream of.

The OKW player should in my opinion rush the northern fuel with Sturms, and use his Volks to cap the open field with the 2 VPs and many strategic points.

Note that different units are good on different places on the map. Dont get snipers if you want to fight in the forest, but they are very good on the open fields.

I also think, if your opponents use most of their ressources to camp in the buildings in the middle, they may have one fuel, but not more than that. So you can always harras them in the forest, while you dominate the open fields and have 2 VPS. So you can easily wait until you have heavy artillery and then shoot them out of the city.

I hope this helps you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS