Login

russian armor

Terrible framerate loss with new patch

4 Dec 2015, 03:40 AM

Just had a game on lorch assault, and about 2/3rds of the way through the framerate steadily dropped, and settled around 10fps near the end

Enemy team had a lot of rocket arty (lots of deformed geometry all over the map) so maybe that had something to do with it. But the new patch has definitely brought a framerate bug
4 Dec 2015, 03:45 AM

I'd see if it happens more than once, and to more than one person before concluding that a new bug has been introduced. Maybe just make sure your game and system are running cleanly first (verify cache, etc). It could be coincidental timing.

The first section of the guide in my signature should help if you need it.
4 Dec 2015, 03:47 AM

It was all 4 of us. We all have good PCs and never had FPS problems before this patch, even on the biggest slugfest 4v4s

I will wait and see if its maybe the map itself or a game bug though
4 Dec 2015, 04:13 AM
Donator 11

I played a 4v4 that started fine but degraded to an unplayable level. The game featured both of the new commanders. My PC is aging but never have I had the game degrade to as badly as it did. I'll play more to see if it happens again. I surely hope it's not too frequent...
4 Dec 2015, 04:43 AM

Try to verify your game cache files.

2 patches ago some of my files got corrupted and I got pink textures for all all infantry hand held weapons and missing models for AT guns etc. After verifying game cache files Steam downloaded over 2 GB and it was fixed.
5 Dec 2015, 01:56 AM

Edit: My CPU was clogged with dust. Game is fine now.

Actually, my game's performance is now dying in a similar way. I appear to be running out of RAM. I only have 8GB. I reach a point where my GPU is doing almost nothing because something else is bottle-necking. RAM is the only thing getting even close to maximum use. Not physical, but system commit exceeds my actual RAM, so it's likely paging my SSD.

It's the same straight away if I start on high or highest texture settings. My frame rate is choked even though my GPU isn't doing much.

I've put my texture settings on lowest to deal with it, and my FPS starts in the 70s, but drops to a painful 24 or so by the end of a 2v2.

I'm willing to conclude there is probably a serious memory issue with the game. How much RAM do you have, Arclyte?
5 Dec 2015, 05:06 AM

Actually, my game's performance is now dying in a similar way. I appear to be running out of RAM. I only have 8GB. I reach a point where my GPU is doing almost nothing because something else is bottle-necking. RAM is the only thing getting even close to maximum use. Not physical, but system commit exceeds my actual RAM, so it's likely paging my SSD.

It's the same straight away if I start on high or highest texture settings. My frame rate is choked even though my GPU isn't doing much.

I've put my texture settings on lowest to deal with it, and my FPS starts in the 70s, but drops to a painful 24 or so by the end of a 2v2.

I'm willing to conclude there is probably a serious memory issue with the game. How much RAM do you have, Arclyte?

Edit: Might not be RAM. I stayed under 8GB system commit that time, and I still lost the FPS. So I dunno.

G'day Cyanara,

I'll give your guide a read.

Hopefully it helps counter CoH2's poorly optimization as I've always had issues myself.

Do you find the game is more GPU or CPU intensive? I know the game only uses 4 cores. So, I'll probably stick with my i5 3570k and shop around for a decent GPU. Your guide was helpful as you have a good range of benchmarks.

Why not reference these in your guide ?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156776308

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326450755
5 Dec 2015, 05:24 AM

game fps just keep getting worse with all these patches.I recall I had50-60fps around december last year,then it got worse in july or august but if was fine,i can still do tens of panzerwerfer spam in cheat mod.After the brit patch,i started experiencing lag in 4v4automatch.it was not unacceptable tho,but i mean 30+fps is a big diff compared to50+.and with this lastest patch it has became almost a certainty that im gonna encouter humongous lag in any game mode after20mins.The FPS HAS DROPPED TO FRIGGIN some where around 15!
my rig is perfectly fine,this is a alienware im using.i got double gtx770 and 16gb ram and i7 4730k!i run full high quality on gta5 ang there was no lag at all!pls ffs do some optimizations LELIC
5 Dec 2015, 06:15 AM

game fps just keep getting worse with all these patches.I recall I had50-60fps around december last year,then it got worse in july or august but if was fine,i can still do tens of panzerwerfer spam in cheat mod.After the brit patch,i started experiencing lag in 4v4automatch.it was not unacceptable tho,but i mean 30+fps is a big diff compared to50+.and with this lastest patch it has became almost a certainty that im gonna encouter humongous lag in any game mode after20mins.The FPS HAS DROPPED TO FRIGGIN some where around 15!
my rig is perfectly fine,this is a alienware im using.i got double gtx770 and 16gb ram and i7 4730k!i run full high quality on gta5 ang there was no lag at all!pls ffs do some optimizations LELIC

You're certainly not the only one... They're benchmarks of $1k GPU's + top of the range i7's being unable to hit 50 FPS @ 1080p.

There's no doubt CoH2 is a poorly optimized game. The problem is that Relic would likely have to re-write major chunks of the game/engine in order to fix it... which hasn't happened yet, so, I don't know if it will.

5 Dec 2015, 07:04 AM

please explain to me why the fuck this is a balance problem
5 Dec 2015, 07:38 AM

Yea me too, i got framerate loss with time, like it's 50+fps on the begining and it's dropping to 20 fps with time :(
5 Dec 2015, 20:57 PM

Glad Im not the only one, I used to sit at a comfortable 50 FPS throughout the game. Yesterday it slugged down to 7-9. (Que rage)

checked the CPU and RAM, didn't do much, CPU hovering around 54% load, RAM at 34%, didn't have my GPU monitor up so I cant say for sure where that was, however I kinda feel my 980GTX shouldn't struggle like that.
6 Dec 2015, 13:39 PM

Same here. Played a couple 2v2s yesterday, and after a while the FPS dropped to a measly sub 30.

4790K/980TI on 1080p/medium settings/no AA

That ain't right.
6 Dec 2015, 13:49 PM

Not same here. Played all game modes. FPS ~50fps stable

4670k/660GTX on 1080p texture and detail on High, rest low/ off

Did have one weird crash tho. Error something, coh2 failed to respond, wich I never had before. Also had to revert do Nvidea driver from June for game not to freeze :foreveralone:
6 Dec 2015, 14:18 PM
Patrion 14

I wouldnt mind to let Relic do the optimization done by another company specialized in it. I would even gladly donate a couple of euros for this... Good optimization is a huge problem with this game and keeping a lot of players away.

After the last patch the game run terrible for me.

I have the same experience in 4v4 with 8 gigs of ram, i5 3570 k at 4.5 ghz and a GTX 970 at 1500 mhz clock.

Get stutter in 1v1 the first time you open the tactical map, even more so in 2v2 and upwards. Get stutters for no reason whatsoever in all game modes during periods where there sometimes isn't even anything taxing going on. Game is so unoptimized, it is laughable. Even Luvnest with his beastly rig gets stutters for no reason whatsoever.
6 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

I believe every patch a lot of custom settings can get reset.

I mean, usually I have to do a clean install of CoH2 every patch because my SSD doesn't have the space to update, so I'm just used to having to re-disable all the replays, menu videos, etc before ramping all the settings down to minimum.
7 Dec 2015, 17:51 PM

Damn, I thought it does not apply to me, until yesterday.

I went for 4v4 with friends. Game was quite long and it turned into 1h haevy tanks and arty everywhere.

It was fine till 30th min. From that point I saw FPS drop rate.
It was so huge, I had problems with detonating goliath in right time.

At the end of the game I got red notofications that my setting are too high and I might see performacne drop :foreveralone:

Playing on medium.

8gb ram
gtx 960M
i7 4720HQ 2,60 GHz
7 Dec 2015, 21:35 PM

I had similar issues a couple months ago,

4670k, 16gig, GTX770 went from a stable 40FPS to 19ish for no reason and no issues with any other games. Went and bought a 980TI with a 3440x1440 monitor and at about the 1minute mark of every game I get a freeze for a second then back to normal. Irritating when trying to avoid MG arc or charging sturmpios and again no issue on any other games :(.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 2
unknown 50
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L