Login

russian armor

OKW OP?

Is Oberkommando West over performing?
Yes; overperforming by a wide marginYes; overperforming by a small marginThey are balanced with slight exceptionsNo; underperforming by a small marginNo; underperforming by a wide margin
Option Distribution Votes
46%
17%
26%
5%
6%
Total votes: 121 (Locked)
3 Dec 2015, 23:31 PM
Patrion 14

This thread was going to be made sooner or later, might as well start collecting the replies now.

So how is new OKW, good; bad; balanced; or overperforming? If you can't decide, don't vote on the poll yet, get a feel for them before doing so.

*Poll is now closed to preserve first day reactions(votings)
3 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM

Where is the middle ground here
3 Dec 2015, 23:36 PM
Patrion 14

Where is the middle ground here

middle option :thumb:
3 Dec 2015, 23:45 PM

This thread and all others like it should be time locked for like 4 hours so everyone can get a feel for the faction before bitching.

I do like how you took the initiative and put fair options for the poll and not:
1. Nerf OKW
2. Nerf OKW
3. NERF OKW
3 Dec 2015, 23:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This thread and all others like it should be time locked for like 4 hours so everyone can get a feel for the faction before bitching.

I do like how you took the initiative and put fair options for the poll and not:
1. Nerf OKW
2. Nerf OKW
3. NERF OKW

4. NERF OKW
5. NERF OKW
6. NERF. OKW!
3 Dec 2015, 23:55 PM
Donator 11

Can we wait at least a week for such conclusions?
3 Dec 2015, 23:56 PM
Patrion 14

^ This. Patch not even out for an hour. Play first... Not a game or two, but just play a week and try new stuff against the faction. After that you can make posts like this.
3 Dec 2015, 23:59 PM

Abusing OKW, Day 1:
My dear calendar, 16min is enough to bring on Panzer IV and Sturmtiger :snfPeter:
4 Dec 2015, 00:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Abusing OKW, Day 1:
My dear calendar, 16min is enough to bring on Panzer IV and Sturmtiger :snfPeter:

11 cp I thought took atleast 20 minutes.
4 Dec 2015, 00:07 AM

11 cp I thought took atleast 20 minutes.

It depends. Once I was able to call in ISU at 17min in 2v2 game.
4 Dec 2015, 00:18 AM

Abusing OKW, Day 1:

Okw can actually field several tanks? HERESY!
4 Dec 2015, 00:19 AM

In 3v3 and 4v4 they appear to be overperforming by a wide margin right now. The uber-blobs are real.
4 Dec 2015, 00:24 AM

Computer decided to poop out on me just before patch. Please tell me your tales of OKW OP, so I may live vicariously through your misery.
4 Dec 2015, 00:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Only one game so sadly, so not much for the tale of woe, though le.IG don't pose that much of a threat to Soviet weapon teams anymore thanks to the loss of suppression so I had a field day against hordes of Volks with just 1-2 Maxims and Guards.
4 Dec 2015, 00:29 AM
Donator 11

in 3v3's and 4v4's they appear to be overperforming by a wide margin. Massive blobbing, little to no impact from unit losses/destroyed trucks.

LeIg changes are good, tech still needs to be adjusted my a large margin, truck upgrades may need to be implemented, kubal is fine, Goliath needs smaller AOE or reduced speed.
4 Dec 2015, 00:39 AM

Permanently Banned
And people said this was gonna be a good patch LOL.
4 Dec 2015, 00:53 AM
Patrion 310

Luftwaffe supply + New OKW is lol worthy.
4 Dec 2015, 00:55 AM

Predictable.
4 Dec 2015, 00:56 AM

in 3v3's and 4v4's they appear to be overperforming by a wide margin. Massive blobbing, little to no impact from unit losses/destroyed trucks.

LeIg changes are good, tech still needs to be adjusted my a large margin, truck upgrades may need to be implemented, kubal is fine, Goliath needs smaller AOE or reduced speed.

The Goliath needs to not explode when shot to death(I know it is unrealistic), because as long as you get it near infantry, if they try to kill it before you plunge it, it still blows up at full power in their faces.

Just did a 2v2 with OKW and eh, Obers still feel like they come out too late and delaying the Schwer with a light vehicle from the Medic truck does hurt somewhat. I was using Overwatch commander and it feels more like a 4v4 commander. The little flare goes off when they are capping sure, but unless you have a Walking Stuka to hit it with, all it is, is knowledge you would get if you looked for the flashing cap circle anyway. Buying Goliaths really messes with the muni upgrades, but they are deliciously powerful(they are slightly faster than infantry, I think, but don't have much HP). The Sector Assault or whatever final ability is okay, but I didn't really get good line of sight, it does cost 250 munis and I don't think I would really use it that often as getting Shreks and LMG34s takes priority.

Volks were barely winning early game against Rifles, but late game were getting murdered. I faced RE spam with LMGs from the new Calliope comamnder... My gosh so much spam and so good. REs spam is still very viable and probably better with their damage increase. The calliope's rockets did very impressive AT damage and 4 of them hit my Panther's front armor and did a third of its HP in damage. It really is a Katty on steroids. Overall I don't know if the faction is really going to be any better in 1v1 or 2v2 and I haven't tried them yet in 3v3 or 4v4.
4 Dec 2015, 01:07 AM

Best allround inf, best elite inf, best arty, best tanks, best basebuildings... Whats not to like here?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★