Login

russian armor

Tactical Support Completly Broken

29 Nov 2015, 19:00 PM
Donator 11

I do not know if this is reported or not, but tactical support the arty ability it gets at 10 cp is bugged. The arty never misses and snipes moving tanks with instant disabling arty hitting all tanks (doesn't even need sight apparently), not some, but all. It also instantly pins infantry, it would be fine if it hit some tanks, but all of them is insane especially in 4v4 where having two people go tactical support is basically game over for the Germans.
29 Nov 2015, 19:59 PM
Patrion 28

it's OP and needs to be toned down but i haven't seen many complaints about it and so i'm not surprised it hasn't been changed.
29 Nov 2015, 20:05 PM

It's completly broken, especially on small 2v2 maps ( semoski winter) it locks down the whole map practially. Oh and Planes attack units Outside of the visible circle (the one on the ground) too.
Ive lost a won game due it, it wiped my vet 3 sniper, vet 3 mortar, vet 3 commando pz4 and a vet 1 puma in the first 10 seconds (and nope you cant move out of this giant circle in 10 secs, especially on semoski where some nasty ice is behind you)

BUT if i understood the patchnotes correctly Planes wont be able to Spot for themselves (sight range reduced to 0) it wont need a nerf, since you can counterplay it then with denying Vision.
29 Nov 2015, 20:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Before this patch not many people used it because the croc & commandos were so strong. I think that is part of the reason why you haven't seen many complaints. Also that it is a premium commander so not that many have purchased it.

Probably needs to cover a smaller area. Alternatively there could be a delay added before it starts working so you have a chance to get out of the way

The rest of the commander doesn't offer that much honestly so it would be sad to nerf it too much. Almost everything else in the commander uses a large amount of munitions
29 Nov 2015, 21:06 PM
29 Nov 2015, 21:06 PM

I do not know if this is reported or not, but tactical support the arty ability it gets at 10 cp is bugged. The arty never misses and snipes moving tanks with instant disabling arty hitting all tanks (doesn't even need sight apparently), not some, but all. It also instantly pins infantry, it would be fine if it hit some tanks, but all of them is insane especially in 4v4 where having two people go tactical support is basically game over for the Germans.

really man?!!! just stay out of the circle until it's finished! and how do u know it doesn't even need sight?! (sorry but ur l2p issue)

I suggest you to play this commander once urself and see if it's really OP or not
29 Nov 2015, 21:22 PM

How dare they disableing my Krupp steel tanks because I don't watch the battlefield carefully... *proceeds to wipe infantry with CAS in the hostile base*
29 Nov 2015, 21:41 PM

It's the ultimate area of denial tool.

Nerf it and you won't see this commander anymore. It's pretty much the "showhorse" of this commander and I'm sure almost every players picks it because of the Arty Cover.

Brits have mediocre/bad onmap arty, but for that they get really strong off map arty.
29 Nov 2015, 22:09 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 21:06 PMAladdin

really man?!!! just stay out of the circle until it's finished! and how do u know it doesn't even need sight?! (sorry but ur l2p issue)

I suggest you to play this commander once urself and see if it's really OP or not
I'm number 9 for 4v4 with my team as axis. I've used it several times it is bugged. It is not hard to dodge but it is 100% accurate does not need sight either, that's why it is in the BUG section and not BALANCE
29 Nov 2015, 22:13 PM

just remove this ability + croc from the game these are obv. "buy me, im OP" units.
29 Nov 2015, 22:17 PM
Donator 11

That ability is the only reason why I pick this commander... they should set an higher delay on the first shells to give the enemy some more time to react and leave the zone... if you stay in that zone it is pretty much your own fault and more a l2p issue...
29 Nov 2015, 22:25 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 22:17 PMSwonVIP
That ability is the only reason why I pick this commander... they should set an higher delay on the first shells to give the enemy some more time to react and leave the zone... if you stay in that zone it is pretty much your own fault and more a l2p issue...
so an ability that needs no sight for use can insta snipe tanks and you claim l2p issue? It's a little more than that I feel cheap whenever I use it since most people don't have time to react. The ability is too strong imo. Back to the point, the ability is bugged it may be op, but it is bugged.
29 Nov 2015, 22:59 PM

Assuming that you're talking about "Artillery cover" in the Tactical Support Regiment commander...
I've tested it. It requires sight to fire. Having your tank shoot counts as giving sight. It isn't bugged.

Each arty shell only appears to do 60 damage to tanks but with a high chance of stun/critical. They aren't perfectly accurate but don't need to be to land a critical. With perfect sight it took 35-60s to kill a single stationary stug, variability due to where the shells land. The ability lasts 70s and costs 250 muni.
29 Nov 2015, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 21:06 PMAladdin

Please keep it civil. This isn't a Twitch chat.

On topic, I definitely agree that it's way too strong, especially in team games. One strike can deny and entire area of the map to up to all of the 4 players and disable all of their tanks and stop their inf, weather in defense or assault.

As far as I know it comes down reasonably fast as well before you have much chance of getting out, when well placed. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I don't own the commander so I can't try it.
Then a coordinated push can rather literally just mop up anything that got stuck in it with minimal risk.

It either needs a rework or a significant reduce in area of effect for reduced cost.
30 Nov 2015, 00:12 AM

It's working as intended.

It's sector based iirc and cost a shit ton of munis. It's powerful but hey, it should be.

Don't put all your shit in one sector. Use smoke etc to protect your stuff when stunned. I haven't used the ability a ton so I'm not sure how "fair" it is in terms of reaction time, chain stun etc but unless those are particularly egregious I think it's fine.

30 Nov 2015, 00:36 AM

It's working as intended.

It's sector based iirc and cost a shit ton of munis. It's powerful but hey, it should be.

Don't put all your shit in one sector. Use smoke etc to protect your stuff when stunned. I haven't used the ability a ton so I'm not sure how "fair" it is in terms of reaction time, chain stun etc but unless those are particularly egregious I think it's fine.

It's not sector based. It's a massive circle. At least as big as commando bombing. Depending on the map not bunching up is easier said than done. Smoke is only a viable if you happen to have the ostheer plane smoke or an arty officer nearby. Mortar will usually take too long. Problem is the random crits will damage your engines, blind you or stun you. And the rate of fire is fast enough to cause a crit every 2 to 3 seconds so unless rng is on your side you can't drive away once you get hit.
30 Nov 2015, 03:01 AM

I'm number 9 for 4v4 with my team as axis
with only 17 games (#10)?!! that aint mean anything
30 Nov 2015, 03:11 AM

Please keep it civil. This isn't a Twitch chat.

On topic, I definitely agree that it's way too strong, especially in team games. One strike can deny and entire area of the map to up to all of the 4 players and disable all of their tanks and stop their inf, weather in defense or assault.

As far as I know it comes down reasonably fast as well before you have much chance of getting out, when well placed. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I don't own the commander so I can't try it.
Then a coordinated push can rather literally just mop up anything that got stuck in it with minimal risk.

It either needs a rework or a significant reduce in area of effect for reduced cost.

UKF in general has this thing which has useful commanders. But u tell me this plz; u are saying when well played, it comes down reasonably fast as well before you have much chance of getting out. Isn't in the same about many other commanders and abilities? For example stuka dive bomb (not only in CAS, but in 3 other Ost commanders as well)? how many replays do y want me to show u it wipes all the whole army, when that used well?! or many other abilities! that's the thing u just answered it urself. U have to play it well. and in return u have to respond to it well. I have used it and compared to other UKF commanders it's OK, but the rest of commander doesn't have much else to offer. and it such a munition heavy doc. I even played against it a lot more times that I used it, and it's too simple u just get out of the circle when called, and in return u know what?! u won't see any Commandos, airlanding officer, Croc, Air Superamacy, Typon Strafe, Coordinated arty, etc seriously it seems like some people just like their opponent to have no commander at all.
30 Nov 2015, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 03:11 AMAladdin

seriously it seems like some people just like their opponent to have no commander at all.

On the contrary. If you have seen me play with Stormless you might know that I enjoy all commanders, meta or not, and I love well played abilities and good use. Maybe it's my latency and performance issues in 4v4 that I seem to lack the ability to avoid this strike reliably even when spotted. But that doesn't mean it doesn't need adjustment. As you said a well played CAS doctrine can destroy and army.

Of one player at his base. And you can see the scout plane coming.

Tactical support cripples an entire area with a very good chance of stopping more than one player in their tracks.

Tactical Support incapacitates armor and nullifies it's infantry support with lack of proper counterplay. It rarely matters if you move or not, it will hit you. I play a lot of 4v4 AT and this ability promotes bad game experiences and click and win situations.

The only reason I think we don't see more complaints about it is that people haven't caught on on it's potency and lack coordination in random games. It's only saving grace is that it is very expensive.

I'd much rather see it toned down, give it a cost reduction, and then it might be a commander we see in 1v1s with reliability and inventive use instead of hoping for that one expensive ability to win me the game. Wouldn't you agree?
30 Nov 2015, 13:04 PM

Staying inside the zone is like staying around and idle when you hear a Stuka strike... Typical L2P problem here, I agree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★