Login

russian armor

Sturmpioneer Repair Speed?

27 Nov 2015, 02:43 AM

Just want to confirm it. Is it a bug or nerfed? Sturmpio has same repair speed of Ost pio.
There is no patch note about it.
27 Nov 2015, 04:05 AM

Sturmpio minesweeper upgrade also increases repair rate from what I know.

I think sturmpio repair was supposed to be equal to pio before the upgrade, but I am not 100% sure.
27 Nov 2015, 08:23 AM

I think it was ninja nerfed a couple of patches ago.
1 of 6 Relic postsRelic 27 Nov 2015, 18:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The Sturmpioneer has the same repair speed as the Combat Engineer and the Pioneer.

Also for Sturmpioneers it looks like someone removed the repair speed buff from the Support Package, but forgot to update the text.

thanks for bringing this to our attention, will get this in the database
27 Nov 2015, 19:01 PM

The Sturmpioneer has the same repair speed as the Combat Engineer and the Pioneer.

Also for Sturmpioneers it looks like someone removed the repair speed buff from the Support Package, but forgot to update the text.

so which mean after upgrade Sturmpio it wont increase the Repair speed now?
27 Nov 2015, 19:02 PM

So right now, the support package does not increase repair speed?
27 Nov 2015, 19:04 PM

So does it mean you will bring back repair speed buff for support package or just remove it and update text?
2 of 6 Relic postsRelic 27 Nov 2015, 19:05 PM
Developer Relic Badge

So right now, the support package does not increase repair speed?

Correct. It only gives mine detection and razor cutters
3 of 6 Relic postsRelic 27 Nov 2015, 19:07 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 19:04 PMslother

So does it mean you will bring back repair speed buff for support package or just remove it and update text?

I will forward the issue off to Braden and see if he removed it on purpose or not, then go from there on what the ideal fix is.
3 Dec 2015, 07:20 AM

So... you're saying the basic repair speed ninja nerf on September was intended?

Support package speed buff actually works even now. But I'm not sure whether you're saying it because it is below than intended level or not.
nee
3 Dec 2015, 07:31 AM

I don't know if Sturmpioniers should have same repair speed.

Now I admit, that's coming from a OKW bias, but there's also the fact that they are expensive and slow to reinforce compared to other builder units, plus the upgrade is required to allow for the faster speed; other units require veterancy, so there is the asymmetrical gameplay part to it.

If there is anything to change, it could be that one of the five veterancy levels ought to improve their repair speed. Hell I'd gladly trade that for the concussion grenade given that it's hardly ever used (in my playing anyways, by the time they get to vet4, they'res already suppression and tanks and squad wiping leIGs.
3 Dec 2015, 09:19 AM

Gahh I thought their repair speed was off. Considering their cost, reinforce cost, and general nature of OKW they should at least get a boost on the upgrade.
3 Dec 2015, 12:38 PM

USF - self reparing crew
UKF - royal engineers, repair speed can be buffed by anvil
SOV/Wehr - can build cheap repair unit, taking up 5 popcap
OKW - 300MP squad taking up 9popcap!

So if other faction want their stuff fixed they can spam cheap, low popcap squads. So 2 sturms take as nearly popcap as 4 pioneers/CE. Either popcap needs to be lowered, support package get its speed buff back or ... lets leave it as it is. Then lets not hear about "OKW getting free stuff with trucks" because Mechanize free repair would compensate for lack of cheap, lowpopcap repair unit.
3 Dec 2015, 13:08 PM

yeah really wtf why does sturmpioneer cost 9 popcap they should be same as other engies 5 popcap the extra fighting power is what u pay extra manpower for is and other engies also get flames and that anvil upgrade while sturm don not (except fuerstuerm)..

so just make sturmpioneers 5 popcap
on topic of popcap many units just cost more popcap than they should
nee
3 Dec 2015, 15:46 PM

Is there a particular official reason for removing the buff? Every squad needs to purchase he upgrade first before they can benefit from it, which I believe takes up one weapon slot.

Hell I wouldn't mind if the speed buff requires losing one weapon slot or at least one guy always having to carry the minesweeper. I get that Sturmpioniers shouldn't be great at everything (even though they never were), but I'd rather take a hit to combat power rather than take a hit to their support power.
3 Dec 2015, 16:04 PM

USF - self reparing crew
UKF - royal engineers, repair speed can be buffed by anvil
SOV/Wehr - can build cheap repair unit, taking up 5 popcap
OKW - 300MP squad taking up 9popcap!

So if other faction want their stuff fixed they can spam cheap, low popcap squads. So 2 sturms take as nearly popcap as 4 pioneers/CE. Either popcap needs to be lowered, support package get its speed buff back or ... lets leave it as it is. Then lets not hear about "OKW getting free stuff with trucks" because Mechanize free repair would compensate for lack of cheap, lowpopcap repair unit.

but you pay for trucks and the teching..so the trucks are that bonus just like usf gets captain and lietunant
3 Dec 2015, 21:52 PM

I will forward the issue off to Braden and see if he removed it on purpose or not, then go from there on what the ideal fix is.

Any update on topic? A short Yes or No would end our dispute.
4 of 6 Relic postsRelic 3 Dec 2015, 22:08 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Any update on topic? A short Yes or No would end our dispute.

It was not removed on purpose
3 Dec 2015, 22:09 PM

And this is why I'm not considering such "ninja changes" when I'm talking about balance, unless they are confirmed to be intended.
3 Dec 2015, 22:11 PM

Thank You, I appreciate :) Also if You can answer - will fix make it in with december patch or we have to wait?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★