Login

russian armor

Early game munition spending

26 Jun 2013, 21:04 PM

Im seeing this a bit all over the place. Some get Flamer Pios some place mines...

The way I go about it is....keep munis for Faust early against the Clowncar...and get MG42s on my Grens to win early game engagements vs Soviet Infantry.

I know some think the MG42s cost too much ...but I feel they give me good early game advantage in infantry fighting.

I maybe wrong.

How do you guys spend early to mid game munis?
27 Jun 2013, 13:33 PM

I spend it for flame HT first (my top priority) , then scout car upgraded gun if needed

Then if I have more, I will upgrade grenadiers with jagger rifle, or engineer with flame thrower
27 Jun 2013, 13:40 PM

Jaegger G43s over mg42 upgrade on Grens? ...Mg42 seems to do better job no?
27 Jun 2013, 13:46 PM

G43's are great for infantry, especially on Pgrens. I have always found grens get an immediate dps kick when g43's are added. Mg42 for only really does suppression unless the enemy is close, then its roughly the same.

But usually it takes a few mins to get the g43s and by then most grens have there mg42;s
27 Jun 2013, 14:18 PM

MG42s on the grens only fire when they're standing still. G43s will continue to fire (and maintain the DPS output) while on the move. So each has their uses - a gren squad with G43 AND MG42 is wtfpwnzor, but also very expensive to lose :)
27 Jun 2013, 14:27 PM

If I want Mg42, I will get HM (Heavy Machine Gun Team) instead. I will keep munition for somethingelse.

Actually, I get HM a lot in the early game, grenadiers are just for supporting with grenade but not my core army. I upgrade them with Jagger in order that they can help firing enemies who were suppressed by my HM. Jagger is good gun in my opinion, It hits very precisely even at long range.

My Strat is

1 pioneer + Build the 1st building -> HM -> HM -> upgrade to tier 2 -> HM -> build 2nd building -> HT+Flame -> 2x greandier upgraded with jagger + upgraded flame thrower for one of my pioneers -> upgrade to tier 3 -> get 3x Stug out

If the battle takes longer than that, I will upgrade to tier 4 and get 2x Brummbar.
27 Jun 2013, 15:27 PM

If I want Mg42, I will get HM (Heavy Machine Gun Team) instead. I will keep munition for somethingelse.

Actually, I get HM a lot in the early game, grenadiers are just for supporting with grenade but not my core army. I upgrade them with Jagger in order that they can help firing enemies who were suppressed by my HM. Jagger is good gun in my opinion, It hits very precisely even at long range.

My Strat is

1 pioneer + Build the 1st building -> HM -> HM -> upgrade to tier 2 -> HM -> build 2nd building -> HT+Flame -> 2x greandier upgraded with jagger + upgraded flame thrower for one of my pioneers -> upgrade to tier 3 -> get 3x Stug out

If the battle takes longer than that, I will upgrade to tier 4 and get 2x Brummbar.

I dont see how you dont get demolished by Clowncar flamer or Sniper in early game??!?? Any decent Soviet would mess this MG heavy strat up I think.
27 Jun 2013, 15:46 PM

I dont see how you dont get demolished by Clowncar flamer or Sniper in early game??!?? Any decent Soviet would mess this MG heavy strat up I think.

If I see he use clown car, I will get my scout car + upgraded gun asap (even before my HT) and trust me, it will not be long before your scout car come out. I have been using this strat many times and I have no problem with enemie's clown car. The most important thing is that u need to build 2nd building fast.

If he use sniper alone, my HT+flame will get rid of it real quick.

HM is also a very good unit at the beginning. You can push conscipt back, capture more territory. Only one thing that u need to be careful of is flanking. However, if u are fast enough, enemy will not be able to flank u easily, also if u can put HM into a good-spot building, this will give u a lot of advantage in early game map control.

Why don't u try my strat then ? u may change your mind :)
27 Jun 2013, 18:40 PM

You have any good replays? Id love to see this in action!
28 Jun 2013, 06:39 AM

Sorry, I haven't gotten the game yet because in my country, the game will come out at 7 July. What I've told u was from my experience 47 hours on Beta ranking lv 40 so far. I really want to give u my replay but I don't have it now (sigh)

Anyway, u can try this strat by yourself (trying with computer first is a good choice) . I don't think the game change so much from beta so I guarantee u if u do exactly like what I said

"1 pioneer + Build the 1st building -> HM -> HM -> upgrade to tier 2 -> HM + retreat 1 of your pioneers to base -> build 2nd building"

After u finish 2nd building, that time u should have approximately 100 munitions, and if enemy use clown car, it will come at that time. You can retaliate him by getting your own scout car upgraded gun. It will need less than 25 sec before your scout car come to the field and shred all enemie's cars. If enemy does not use clown car ( you can see this easily from his units, if at that time he has HM or Mortar, that means he won't use clown car), so u can go with HT+Flame. This unit is very merciless against enemie's infrantry. HM+Flame HT can give hell to russia opponent in early game because no one has tank at that point and if he use clown car, u just add your own scout car to counter, that's it. If you play well enough, u can force him to surrender even before tank phase. Harassing every of his troop that come out with Flame HT and defending your important capturing point with HM (in building will be the best). : )

One thing for my strat u need to keep in mind is that u must not lose your Flame HT at all cost, because it is expensive (120 munition and fuel). 1 Flame HT is enough to keep pressure to enemy. Keep your remaining fuel for Tanks. Flame HT can easily be destroyed by 2 conscript's bombs, so u need to keep distance from them (if u get one, u must retreat fast and use HM to cover HT) also don't staystill if u don't want to get hit by mortar. Enemy will take sometime to pull AT out (if he will) , so if u play well enough, no one can touch your HT. Sending 1 flame pioneer to the middle of war will be a good help to your HT, u can repair it fast. And if u don't know, I gonna tell u that Flame HT is not only for harassing but also can reinforce your infrantry like your HQ. It will be a great supporting unit on the battlefield.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
Peru 4
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %