Login

russian armor

Infantry Responsiveness

26 Jun 2013, 20:32 PM

Basically, I'm talking about the time between when you give an order, and when it's carried out by your units. It was one of the few improvements that I was hoping to see between coh1 and coh2. So far, I've gotten the impression that it isn't better.

What do you think? Is it better or worse than coh1? And how do you think it affects the game?
26 Jun 2013, 20:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I have the overall feeling it's higher, and in general that the whole experience is less "smooth" than the COH one, when units seemed to move in a "smoother" way. I don't know how to say it better, it's really something you feel when you play the game tho.
26 Jun 2013, 20:52 PM

Definitely feels more sluggish. I can dodge see a molotov coming well in advance and still have guys get caught in it due to bad pathing / unresponsiveness.

They also still do the thing that INFURIATES me from CoH1 which is the stupid dancing around thing. If I tell you to attack, ATTACK. Don't have individual models diving around for cover like an idiot. If I want you in cover I'll put you in cover, if I want you to attack, attack.
26 Jun 2013, 21:22 PM

i agree that this needs to be looked at. especially when any inf squad takes some sort of explosive damage (molotov, nade, tank round, etc) they all go prone and don't move for a couple of seconds. they'll do it even if only one guy gets barely hit in the squad.

stuns are ok when put in as an actual mechanic (think stormtroopers in vcoh), not just there for every mortar round that keeps hitting my guys and forces me to retreat because they cant move out of the area
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★