Login

russian armor

Defense of Schildkröteberg

26 Jun 2013, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
how you guys deal with it in General difficulty? you have 60 sec to make 1 hmg against lots of squads..
My best result was 3. wave with sniper spam but those molotovs kills my base.
26 Jun 2013, 19:03 PM

I build mg-bunkers at first and get it till wave 8 or 9, but you only need 7 waves.
26 Jun 2013, 20:47 PM

i tried it on general and i think it is broke. you do not get resources between waves like it says you should
26 Jun 2013, 21:50 PM

Use first pio to make bunker a little to the right of the train on the left. don't upgrade it. Barbed wire the bottom section off. Make a gren. Put pio and gren in middle house to avoid the wave. Let wave last about 20 minutes. Main building drops to like 30%. Upgrade bunker to MG to clear the wave. make 4 grens, 3 snipers, 3 pioneers, 3 mortar halftracks, and a bunch of MG bunkers and a medic bunker. Use pioneers to make chokepoints inbetween waves and repair. on wave 3, move grens up to barbed wire to nade kill cars before they bust ur wires. on wave 4 I think it is steal the Pak gun so you can kill the 8 million tanks to come. use AT strafe runs when tanks clump in ur base.
27 Jun 2013, 07:56 AM

Permanently Banned
i wanted to do this, wait 1 hour then come back then maybe i will have eneugh resources . :D
27 Jun 2013, 08:00 AM

Hahaha good to know I am not the only one who finds it insanely hard! :D

So far I've just been doing mg42, bunkers and wire to hold the lines. Pretty difficult. I think my best is wave 3. Its a great fun challenge though! :)
27 Jun 2013, 08:30 AM

it's very EZ, on second try i've made it to wave 6, early is simple, upgrade your pio with flamer, get 1 MG asap and then second MG and you got cons pinned, always stay in your base, after few waves you can get maxim 2 maxim guns and 2 ROKS-3 flamethrowers so it's better to call another pio, first upgrade with german flammer and pick up another 2 flammers so you got 3 flammers on one squad, on wave 5 first two T-70 appear, you must have at least one atg (better stole it from enemy) and go G2 for Panzershrecks or another pak because T3 is useless
27 Jun 2013, 09:00 AM

Permanently Banned
i lost in 7nd wave, tank rush killed my hq however i had 3 atg. Best is wait in the first wave while you have eneugh resources. ( i had 2,2k) and do flame halftrack, dont make any hmg, sniper or inf,mortal HT cuz it is useless cuz u will have +50 manpower income. Spam bunker min 2 each side and do at least 5-6 atg and 3-4 flame HT.
27 Jun 2013, 09:01 AM

Permanently Banned
btw somebody know, there is only 1941 or there are another years?
27 Jun 2013, 09:13 AM

Permanently Banned
As Barton said, lots of suppression and then capture weapons aka: sov style.
27 Jun 2013, 09:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You don't have to deal with the first two waves actually- their molotovs deal hardly any damage to your base. Just take the first pioneer and stick him in the building, wait for 600-700+mp then start building units and fighting. Gives you a nice head start on the enemy.
27 Jun 2013, 15:33 PM

• Make MG & addtional Pio.
  • Put MG & Pio's (flamer now or bit later needed) in the big house
  • Wait till they are pounding your hq, wire off all entrances to your base, while avoiding the enemy.
  • Mg bunker on every entrance (Upgrade as and when have munitions)

• Note: You cannot easily wire off completely the bottom right of the map, here put 2 mg bunkers once each side of the house & funnel enemy here, as all wire cuts off rest of base if done right.

• Tech Halftrack (Upgraded to flamer when have munitions)
  • Tech Scout Car (Up-gun & roam base to kill Russian light armor) & don't run over barbed wire defenses & stop them from doing so.

• Note: Always repair your barbed wire asap, while not under enemy fire.

• Get a Mortar Halftrack, keep it just far enough away to avoid direct fire, while it rains down death.
  • Get 2 Panzergrenadiers, pick up all fallen soviet at, if none laying about due to using pios to pick up previously, buy your own.

• Note: Repair everything you can, soon as you have the spare time between waves with your 2 pios, the vet on your units will really help.

• Note: Pick up everything you can really helps, I left the soviet mg's though as they have bad arc of fire.

• With the extreme lack or resources it really hard to get onto the later waves without lots of manpower.

This should get you off to a decent start.

Good luck.
28 Jun 2013, 16:38 PM

Permanently Banned
eneugh if you do 7 waves those bonus waves not necessary?
29 Jun 2013, 16:13 PM

Flamer Pio, 2nd Flamer Pio, MG before first wave, build barbed wires west, north west from ur base, make a path from wire on the right side of ur base to the small house place the MG behind the sandbags and control them. Go for 2nd MG or MG bunker. Then go Tier 2 get flamer halftruck and u'll have no problem with Infantry i got 180-200 kills with flamer truck after that get as many PAKs as u can for the last waves, save the arty for 7th wave. You'll just need to have luck with 1st wave to come from good position :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★