Login

russian armor

Countering Osttruppen spam

24 Nov 2015, 05:14 AM

The only ost strategy that I can't deal with atm. Overrun by osttruppen in every important house on the map backed up by mg42's that completely prevent any resource gain until I can tech nades and force them out. Quick T2 follows with a ht that allows the osttruppen to stay on the field indefinitely.
24 Nov 2015, 07:22 AM

Just brainstorming here:

Rush Platoon CP, and use .50 Cals, followed by M15 AA HT.

Recon Support Company Greyhound.

Because neither of these things (Ostruppen, HMG42) really bleed you, only defend territory, just build 5 rifles and punish them.

Fast Captain-On Me! let's you break suppression/close the gap, pack howie and at guns crack static wall supported by halftrack.

BARfinders.

Fighting Positions are great-REs inside counter MG42s, upgraded with .50 cal it deals with infantry, forcing pak.

Better Rifle play-as long as your opponent doesn't heavily over invest in T0-T1, and you are good with rifles, 3 rifles into M20 should always work.

More REs-fight quantity with quantity. Fighting pits everywhere, get racks, fast tech to either .50 Cals or Pack howie. Unless your really struggling, don't even go for a light vehicle, because MP you save not having 3 rifles lets you have more team weapons and munis which vs Ostruppen Doctrind lets you counter 222/sniper without a light vehicle. Just rush an HMC vs this strat.
24 Nov 2015, 09:17 AM

1- Secure your fuel by securing critical houses around it and cutoff, don't try to outcap him since he got more squads. Ostruppens deal shit vs garrisoned units. Starting RE + 3xRM + 1xRE is enough to keep 1/2 of the map.

2- Lieutenant first, you can easily build 2xHMG.50, one defense at your cutoff/fuel, one offensive. A-Move it with your riflequads, when you start engaging his troops, micro your rifles in cover and let the .50 fire from behind, the suppression is enough to pin them + Ostruppen don't have riflenade to counter it.

3- Unlock BARs or M15. Ostruppen BO ususally comes with Pzgren. Equip BARs to counter them effectively or M15 to force him to invest in a pak (1 less Pzgren) or shreck (ammo sink). This + HMG.50 will completely shut them down.

4- Fighting Position: Place them wisely and defensively on the map, So you can use your second .50 offensively as well.

5- Care of the early Pz4. If you went M15 or M20, be even more carefull around 10 minutes, You'll be late with your first medium. I recommend Armor company vs Ostruppen to call-in a M10 as soon as you can.

6- Care of mines, It is really really important to get 1 or 2 mine sweepers. Your opponent has no ammo sink except mines and shreck. If you see shreck you can expect less mines, but if you don't ==> Sweep!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★