Login

russian armor

British Emplacements

25 Nov 2015, 12:02 PM

400mp is cheap for a manpower hungry faction??
400mp 75 fuel and 20 pop is cheap for a manpower hungry faction??

also Brace got nerfed so we dont have permabrace and for that i didnt post any revert brace nerf suggestions and not only that but without brace emplacements get wiped

so try to damage an emplacement without brace and tell me how durable it was

Keep it mind you get !2! Mortars for 400mp (so 200mp each) with 115 range instead of 80. I would take it with every faction tbh
25 Nov 2015, 12:07 PM

Keep it mind you get !2! Mortars for 400mp (so 200mp each) with 115 range instead of 80. I would take it with every faction tbh

And you can't run, can't perserve vet when under heavy attack, can't move.

Its not all milk and honey you know.
25 Nov 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 12:07 PMKatitof

And you can't run, can't perserve vet when under heavy attack, can't move.

Its not all milk and honey you know.

I see nothing wrong with it, that's the drawback for 2x200manpower mortar with 115 range?
25 Nov 2015, 12:58 PM

Emplacements are ok like they are now. You just have to know when and where to build them. With the right timing and in the right place they are pretty good.
If you have no forces to defend them , well then they are just a target.
25 Nov 2015, 13:11 PM

a tip

the mortar pit has 2 mortars with very good range BUT both mortars never hit the same target most of the time(nothing like 2 regular mortars)

its also easy to hit them duo to their size
25 Nov 2015, 13:13 PM

a tip

the mortar pit has 2 mortars with very good range BUT both mortars never hit the same target most of the time(nothing like 2 regular mortars)

Thats called scatter, go buy 2 Ost mortars and they will never Land on the same Spot too ( why would want that btw? If the first rounds Lands on 2 models and kills them you dont want the second round to Hit there too?i mean only if you like watching corpses blowing up..)
25 Nov 2015, 13:16 PM

a tip

The mortars perform well and can pack a punch hard.
There is nothing wrong with emplacements firepower really, its the modifiers vs explosives that are really harsh here.
25 Nov 2015, 13:18 PM

Emplacements are ok like they are now. You just have to know when and where to build them. With the right timing and in the right place they are pretty good.
If you have no forces to defend them , well then they are just a target.

as i said to other people,if you ignore the emplacement you get destroyed by them.

the british CANT respond to emplacement counters so you pretty much relay on them to do the job untill late game and you just make sure infantry dont destroy them and try to repair them.

Also the British in mid game need emplacements to survive or they just hope the enemy makes a mistake(like dont build armor)

we fix emplacements and we can nerf other units
25 Nov 2015, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 13:16 PMKatitof

The mortars perform well and can pack a punch hard.
There is nothing wrong with emplacements firepower really, its the modifiers vs explosives that are really harsh here.

i didnt say they didnt had firepower i said both mortars dont hit the same target most of the time
25 Nov 2015, 13:23 PM

Thats called scatter, go buy 2 Ost mortars and they will never Land on the same Spot too ( why would want that btw? If the first rounds Lands on 2 models and kills them you dont want the second round to Hit there too?i mean only if you like watching corpses blowing up..)

2 Ost mortars are deadly vs UKF,both mortars can hit the same target more often then the mortar pit.

same thing with soviet Mortars(one hits and the other wipes)
25 Nov 2015, 13:28 PM

2 Ost mortars are deadly vs UKF,both mortars can hit the same target more often then the mortar pit.

same thing with soviet Mortars(one hits and the other wipes)

WHY WOULD YOU WANT YOUR MORTARS TO HIT THE SAME SPOT? DO YOU WANNA BEAT ALREADY DEAD SOLIDER MODELS? did you read what I wrote or just instantly went into hur Dur Mode 2 Ost mortar rek brits (which is 480 manpower and countered by your emplacement because of 35 (!!!) More range than Ost ones)
25 Nov 2015, 13:33 PM

WHY WOULD YOU WANT YOUR MORTARS TO HIT THE SAME SPOT? DO YOU WANNA BEAT ALREADY DEAD SOLIDER MODELS? did you read what I wrote or just instantly went into hur Dur Mode 2 Ost mortar rek brits (which is 480 manpower and countered by your emplacement because of 35 (!!!) More range than Ost ones)

"2 Ost mortars are deadly vs UKF,both mortars can hit the same target more often then the mortar pit.

same thing with soviet Mortars(one hits and the other wipes)"

oh and when i said target i said the squad not a single soldier
25 Nov 2015, 13:37 PM

"2 Ost mortars are deadly vs UKF,both mortars can hit the same target more often then the mortar pit.

same thing with soviet Mortars(one hits and the other wipes)"

oh and when i said target i said the squad not a single soldier

K buff mortar pit scatter and nerf other mortars, happy?
25 Nov 2015, 13:40 PM

K buff mortar pit scatter and nerf other mortars, happy?

you are not helping the problems with the emplacements isnt lack of firepower

"1. Cost
Apart from the bofors the mortar pit and the 17 pounder cost a lot of resources, is that a problem you may ask well yes it is, you see once your emplacements reaches zero health you lose it completely, you cannot salvage it or recrew it to take it back, once you lose the emplacement its gone unlike team weapon which you can take back and use them again.
This also punishes aggressive use of the emplacements (which is bad), also since emplacements cost a lot this leaves the British player with little to no resources to do anything to defend the emplacements.
2. Flame Damage
It’s time we talk about flame damage on emplacements and their role vs them.
K I get it they are meant to be an anti-garrison/cover weapon BUT why do they annihilate emplacements and not decrew them??? I mean really it makes more sense to decrew emplacements with such damage not outright wipe them, and we are talking about expensive units being outright destroyed by flame weapons/nades,I am not saying flame weapons should not do damage, I am saying they should not do THAT kind of damage and what’s with this extra bonus damage flamers do to emplacements anyways aren’t they effective enough? We should really either reduce their damage OR at least make them decrew emplacements NOT wipe them.
3. Hit Box/Size
To some this might not be huge BUT to many British players this is huge problem, this makes emplacement placing hard and in many cases forces a British player to avoid their use it also makes them a rather easy target to hit."

25 Nov 2015, 15:36 PM

400mp is cheap for a manpower hungry faction??
400mp 75 fuel and 20 pop is cheap for a manpower hungry faction??

also Brace got nerfed so we dont have permabrace and for that i didnt post any revert brace nerf suggestions and not only that but without brace emplacements get wiped

so try to damage an emplacement without brace and tell me how durable it was

Compare the cost between units and units. The cromwell costs 340MP/110fuel while the panzerIV costs 360MP/125fuel. The Cromwell don't become cheaper because it belongs to a MP hungry faction. You want the mortar pit cost to be changed from 400 to 320mp? Come on, 2 OST/SU mortars cost 480MP/12pop. That's it. The pak43 cost 500mp. The 17 pounder is still the cheaper one at manpower. The pak43 can be killed by plenty of units and abilities, even 2 nades. Their crews can't be repaired. What do you think about losing 500 mp so quickly? I'm not going to say the pak43 is underperformed. What I want to say is, use its advantages but protect its disadvantage from being attacked by the enemy.

The emplacements need to be countered. I feel you just want them to become unkillable... The mortar pit needs to be killable just like OST/SU mortars. The bofors needs to be killable just like USF/OKW AA halftracks. They are units like all other units of all factions. Just immobile but really powerful when being positioned properly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★