Login

russian armor

UKF Sniper Critical Shot

23 Nov 2015, 07:33 AM

The timing is tricky, but generally I agree that you can counter 222 through other means. (Piats or 6lber/AEC)

The thing I disagree with here isn't the change itself but why it is being made.

Also I'm more concerned about the removal of passive stuns from attacks than the crit shot being vet 1. I would like that to be rolled into the snipers veterancy atleast than completely removed.

No idea if the snare still exists. Anyway, I prefer to see the "damage engine critical" to be removed completely. Maybe the brits should have a snare ability on IS but not snipers. A long ranged snare ability is quite different from panzerfaust/AT nades.
23 Nov 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 07:33 AMatouba

No idea if the snare still exists. Anyway, I prefer to see the "damage engine critical" to be removed completely. Maybe the brits should have a snare ability on IS but not snipers. A long ranged snare ability is quite different from panzerfaust/AT nades.

Moving it to IS is just boring homogenization though.

A long range snare is what makes brits unique. Keep in mind, other factions typically can use vehicle snares in rapid succession or against multiple targets. Unless brit is sitting on a handful of snipers, he's got one, maybe two snares. Which have a huge wind up time so if you drive straight at them they trigger at the same range as other snares, and if you don't you are far enough away to just reverse and repair.
23 Nov 2015, 16:11 PM

Moving it to IS is just boring homogenization though.

A long range snare is what makes brits unique. Keep in mind, other factions typically can use vehicle snares in rapid succession or against multiple targets. Unless brit is sitting on a handful of snipers, he's got one, maybe two snares. Which have a huge wind up time so if you drive straight at them they trigger at the same range as other snares, and if you don't you are far enough away to just reverse and repair.

"just reverse" in combination with a engine crit is kinda difficult lol
23 Nov 2015, 16:24 PM

"just reverse" in combination with a engine crit is kinda difficult lol

It works well enough if he does it at max range.

To be fair though most people won't waste it on that.
23 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM

Why not remove the crit shot from the sniper entirely and add a Boys AT rifle upgrade to the Bren carrier or something? Include the crit shot with the upgrade but make the upgrade require t2 tech. Brits still have a long range snare then keeping with the "flavor", sniper doesn't counter it's counter, combined arms required to protect snipers, Bren sees more use, Brits not required to build aec for light AT. Or would this be just as bad as the Bren would counter it's own counter then?
23 Nov 2015, 21:23 PM

I like that the snare got moved back to veterancy 1 considering it lets the 222 and Kubel have more time to work freely. More of just a pacing adjustment and at that point of the match when you get a sniper you'll have a decent amount of munitions to plant mines here and there.
28 Nov 2015, 02:13 AM

I would like to say I'd be completely fine with altogether removing the sniper's AT abilities and just making him a standard sniper that actually gets decent veterancy bonuses (higher ROF, etc) and then giving either the IS or Sappers an AT snare. I'd rather have a sniper than can be more anti-Infantry oriented (the thing they're kinda designed to be) and have a better window to countersnipe (doesn't have to aim for a year and a half and have the Ost sniper recloak if you don't target him right away).

It would also help Brits to deal with their now brought-in-line AT gun cost and give them away to prevent heavier vehicles that the sniper can't even crit decently from rushing straight past a couple of AT guns and anhiliating them while the infantry just watches.

I've been playing a lot of this mod as it develops and I still firmly believe Brits will need some sort of snare now that there's literally nothing stopping a scout car (or even better, double scout cars which were pretty damn effective when the sniper still had it's vet 0 critical shot) from rolling right ahead on a UKF sniper, and if an Ost player is good enough to keep his own sniper on the ball while he does this, that sniper practically never existed.

So please, remove the critical shot if you must (even change the sniper himself to a regular, anti-infantry, non-AT sniper for all I care, as said above) but give the mainline infantry some kind of snare so the UKF sniper doesn't have hide in a corner and be useless until either a scout car makes a major fuck up and manages to stand in front of 2 AT guns, or for the Brit to invest in a completely overpriced and useless light vehicle vehicle that also locks out one of the more useful emplacements (not that emplacements are good anyway but still :foreveralone: )

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 3
Germany 855
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak