Login

russian armor

Strafe from germans is ridiculous

4 Jul 2013, 02:16 AM

Aside from the fact that it covers such a large area and prevents units from retreating, the duration isn't much of a problem because you can get a quad AA and you usually shoot them in the first 20 seconds. But when 2 are in the air at a time its kinda silly because the AA can't decide which one to shoot at.
4 Jul 2013, 02:40 AM
Patrion 14

Aside from the fact that it covers such a large area and prevents units from retreating, the duration isn't much of a problem because you can get a quad AA and you usually shoot them in the first 20 seconds. But when 2 are in the air at a time its kinda silly because the AA can't decide which one to shoot at.
yea also why alot of people seem to like doing joint ops + opel atm in 2v2 toss in a recon with that strafe and do a offmap arty barrage on a squad that got pinned while in retreat.. its extremely lame happend to me yesterday :/
4 Jul 2013, 05:12 AM

Unfortunately a change won't be ready by next patch.

Well that sucks :(
4 Jul 2013, 17:45 PM

Supply truck&Strafing are one of the main broken ability units in the beta, and they are still fixing it?
4 Jul 2013, 21:08 PM

the supply truck changed from its closed beta form where it gave extra resources and even ticked over for a small bundle of resources every so often. that was truly ridiculous
4 Jul 2013, 21:31 PM
Patrion 14

We are looking into this, hopefully we will have something out soon. Unfortunately a change won't be ready by next patch.

Good its getting looked into, I appreciate that. Sad about delay though, but hope this is due to proper balancing and testing.
4 Jul 2013, 23:24 PM

Maxim MG still shoots while pinned down so it's not that op :)
6 Jul 2013, 03:17 AM

lol, strafing run going to be abused at least one more month
8 Jul 2013, 06:06 AM

They should just nerf it to the ground till they release the real fix.

I mean, if it does not make it in the next patch i can't imagine how long it takes for the next balance patch... so that would be a long time for an ability to be that OP.
8 Jul 2013, 10:34 AM

Yes, who can imagine how long it takes when it took a massive two weeks so far...

Have a little faith eh, did you read any of Ami's blogs?
8 Jul 2013, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2013, 10:34 AMHissy
Yes, who can imagine how long it takes when it took a massive two weeks so far...

Have a little faith eh, did you read any of Ami's blogs?

Well, yes, it is only 2 weeks, and i don't mind them taking some time to do overall balance.
But stuff like strafe is a good candidate for just getting a hotfix that will make it useless till they can release a patch were it is balanced correctly.
At the moment the German hits 3 CP he can just go on spamming strafe making the soviet infantry almost unable to move at all.
And all that while being cheap and having long duration + low cooldown. Which will lead to him being able to call in a new strafe run in 20 seconds after the last strafe flew of.

Something like this should not stay for a long time in a game that wants to be competitive.
19 Jul 2013, 08:26 AM

Strafe is OP! Please fix!!!
19 Jul 2013, 14:36 PM

Can I just say how sick of strafe I am? It makes 1v1s unplayable as russians and 2v2s barely playable as Russians.

Oh you wanted to have more or those grens vs cons engagements? Sorry, strafe stops this.

Oh you have infantry superiority? Sorry, by then, I've got strafe which immediately nullifies it.

Seriously, what even....

I guess I'll be back when the patch for strafe happens. In the meantime, I guess that's why automatching takes ages and automatching levels are the same as Open beta - No-one wants to play with/against strafe in 1v1s especially.
19 Jul 2013, 22:11 PM

The worst is when you're fairly outplaying your German opponents for the for first 15 min and then they hit the IWIN button and just obliterates your vet2 Sniper/Guard squad in a blink of an eye and is free to cap most of the map.

In team games, the Soviets pretty much need to win in the first 10 min against anyone decent or hope their late game is complete crap.
20 Jul 2013, 10:03 AM

I had a game yesterday where I outplayed my opponent (killed 2-3 PIVs with conscripts and AT gun, I went shock troops), decrewed and stole 3 MG 42s and eventually killed a tiger (I did get 2 T-34s by this point, but mainly to hunt Opel trucks) AND got an M5 with the AA upgrade (ZSU whatever).

Unfortunately, strafe just wins anyway. This guy was so confident of winning that he base-rushed me with 2 PIVs (one at a time), and both died the same way. The thing is, strafe just stops capping at crucial times, and makes the infantry engagements incredibly one-sided to the point where the Ostheer player merely uses their infantry to cap..

But I don't need to tell you guys this as you already know if you have been on the receiving end of strafe. My M5 did manage to take out one plane out of the three that arrived, and I probably could have just edged out a victory, yet I got too frustrated by it. Not raging, just annoyed that I was playing my arse off and this guy was just a-moving.

I guess that's something I can work on, but as a Soviet that pretty much only goes t2-t3 with shocks, I can't win against a decent Opel blitz player, and am about 50-50 with players far worse than me, as long as they use that commander.
20 Jul 2013, 10:41 AM

Just delete the fucking thing. Easy.
20 Jul 2013, 10:56 AM

I think this should be retitled, Strafe rant page. Because honestly, everyone (myself included) just wants somewhere to rant about how bad strafe is...
24 Jul 2013, 00:51 AM

as long as they don't make it a useless ability..

looking forward to a nerf of strafe.
24 Jul 2013, 00:57 AM

I'd like to see this one to be gimped as any other abilities.
24 Jul 2013, 07:48 AM

Make it as useless as Propaganda.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight