Login

russian armor

Error Uploading Maps

20 Nov 2015, 19:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hello community!

I swear I've not had to drop a message here for a very long time, but I am in need of your assistance! While trying to release Wave 4 of my British Fronts Map Pack, I have encountered an unlabeled error message.

In short, I am unable to upload new maps, regardless of their size, and even if I remove other maps from my profile, nothing seems to change. While I presume I have reached some sort of upload limit, I wanted to check if I was the only one.

Additionally, I have already checked if others can upload my maps, and they can. The files appear to be fine, but the upload is the issue.

Please drop a message if you have encountered this yourself!

MonoBaco
20 Nov 2015, 21:20 PM
Donator 11

Friend of mine had trouble subscribing/playing items out of the workshop, can you still subscribe and play a mod out of the workshop (somthing like infantry assault)? Maybe it's related to the problem you're having.

20 Nov 2015, 21:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks for the reply!

Everything still plays quite well, including maps, skins and mods.

I simply can't upload anything new of my own!
20 Nov 2015, 22:29 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Can you post the full error message please ?
20 Nov 2015, 23:05 PM

I was having the same problem last night when uploading my newest map as well. The problem is you have to let everything you have to subscribed to update before you can publish because it kills your bandwidth for uploading to steam. I left my pc on all day yesterday at work with CoH2 open at the manage screen, and then came home and uploaded the map just fine. Hope this help!

Best of luck
Dankbuds
20 Nov 2015, 23:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Can you post the full error message please ?

23 Nov 2015, 02:48 AM

Hey Monolithic,

Someone told me there is a limit on the workshop but i can not tell you how much it is. But im absolutly sure you can not have iit now !
I would ask: xxCompany of Cowardsxx ! Noone have more workshop Objects then he have , and im pretty sure He will know about it.
You have maximum 25% of the number he was uploading so im realy sure there is something wrong.

Ask him, im sure he have some Answers for you mate.
Hope you can fix it, realy like your Work !
17 Dec 2015, 15:47 PM

Hi.Well to answer to Orkloard i have 83 maps that is 774 mb.2 win condition mods that is 0.5mb.About the upload error.I know from friends that they reach the limit that is 1gb.It supposed that steam show that to you when you click on properties of coh 2 and select to see the steam cloud on 2nd page.To me writes.434 storage and 519 available.As i said my maps are 774mb not 434 as steam writes.Many times i had and still have problem to upload or even update maps.Many times i have delete the userdata folder inside steam folder.When i open steam then starts to download again all info.Many times that helped and then i could upload.If you delete that folder (also helped when i had problem that my saved files didn't synchronized with steam cloud) you will lose all photos you have take unless you open the folder search and keep back up.I have try everything about subscriptions to delete or not or whatever.Nothing helped.(except --sometimes--from delete userdata folder)Also i had 3 maps that for about 10 months couldn't even update them.Is funny only 3 maps.I could the rest.Also without to do anything at all for a weird reason 2 of the 3 maps i have update them before 2-3 weeks ago.Still 1 of the 3 cannt update.Also i want to upload new maps but i can not.As i said my maps are 774mb.Limit supposed to be 1gb.So from my pc i enter today to my friends account and i can upload the maps that i cannt from my account.So everything is same (cause i use same pc) so the only different is the account.I am sure that i havent reach limit cause after i upload with my friends account i delete 2 maps that wasnt even finished, and i try to upload a very small map but i couldnt.So at least for now still havent reach limit but cannt upload.I have try too many things to upload (and finally i could) and happend weird things that i need 1-2 pages to describe.What i know for sure is that sometimes no matter what you do there is no way to solve your problem or your problem will be solved without to do anything.(at least as person).For sure this userdata folder is the problem (at least from what i have try and learn until now).For an unknown reason other times the info in that folder is correct but other is less that it should be.It contains all info about your uploads subscriptions workshop photo and uploads you have done.Other times this folder has info for all my maps and is ok other times has only for 60 or 30 or 20 maps.How that happens?Each time that downloads the files and all info each time almost downloads different things.Thats the problem but i can not solve it.If you or anybody has any idea i would like to try cause i also as you (and i suppose many other) want to upload new maps but i can not upload.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★