Login

russian armor

Opinion on the okw changes

19 Nov 2015, 13:08 PM

First of all i think we can all agree that the okw needs changes but one of those most surely is not giving them 100% income in fuel.
I would leave the 100% muni income but remove the muni to fuel, fuel to muni transfer.
The unit layout change in the trucks is not needed but i like the idea of the kt being removed am possibly put in a new doctrine.

Imo the problems for okw are:

1) T0 units bad performance
2) no cost effective way to clear building (except the doc flamers)
3) high vet requirements on most units
4) useless doctrines (useless ablilties, offmaps, underperforming units)

Volks do need a buff vs inf so making them on pair with grens would be nice and making them cost the same aswell. I support the reduction in the price of the combat package since i don't believe there will be an ability the replace the cold immunity to justify the 90 muni cost. 75 muni would be a fair price tho (stormtrooper schrek cost).
I would like to leave the fire nade as it is but reduce the cost to match the molotov cuz they are basically the same only difference is the throw animation.

Sturms should perform better and cost more, making them perform like pgrens with the same cost would help the okw early game. To make it more fair okw should start with a volk instead and have to pay for the sturms + the longer build time.

Raketen is far the worst at gun in the game. Its camo, retreat and garrison ability proves to be a little to no advantage. this unit is so clumsy to use, it makes circles while setting up and retreating resulting ing missing the chance to fire or being wiped, its a common thing for it to miss targets, to hit the ground. in garrisons it shoots at inf, it gets supressd by flak ht-s from max range, and oneshooted by most tanks due to the small weapon size clumped up crew. you are just better off going for one more schreck.

kubel has a life span off 4 min witch is fine for a unit like it self but the problem is it that all suppression that okw has comes from vehicles witch can be used till some point in the game and after that they are of no use. Okw needs a non doc mg

flak ht: its the most expensive one, has a long setup time, big exp need to vet up, cant kite or be used to flank

The whole point of okw is to have less units but with higher vet. the main problem is that only unit that can reach vet 5 are volks, others fail to reach vet 3 in normal length games,
Okw elite inf like the falls or jaegers need cca 60-70 conscript kills to get to vet 5, luchs and hetzer, over 100, flak ht is not far form that number as well. All units should have there vet requirements changed to justify the lower fuel income.

Doctrinal abillities: breakthrough , emergency repairs, panzer commander, recoup losses, heavy fortifications, valiant assault, radio silence all need to be fixed in some way.

Off maps: the stuka off map is worth 120 muni at best seen what kind of damage it does to vehicle http://www.coh2.org/topic/40040/okw-off-maps

19 Nov 2015, 13:19 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS