Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
18 Nov 2015, 23:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Do the King Tiger changes mean that you have to unlock the King Tiger (By setting up all trucks?) and then being able to call it in without choosing a doctrine like it was the case with the Panther Battle Group in CoH1?

I truly do appreciate Relic's will to redesign a whole faction. Regarding the new economic and teching situation of OKW I think testing should be done to figure out the most appropriate and balanced costs. Example: 70 munitions for Schrecks with 100% income seems a bit over the top in my opinion...let's see how well this works out. Fortunately Brad confirmed this is the way to go. (Hopefully Relic tries to handle USF design in a similiar manner.) Other than that, OKW could be in need of an undoctrinal suppression platform now like MG34.

The changes to other factions and some commanders seem fine to me at first glance. Finally they seriously tweaked the dull CAS doctrine.

More bug fixes should be included as well as fixes for bugsplats, disconnects, etc. Optimization is either still on the to-do-list.

All in all, despite some decent changes and attempts Relic has still much to do.
18 Nov 2015, 23:47 PM
Donator 11

Put shrek on sturmpioneers instead already and further nerf shrek long range accuracy. It is way too easy to blob up shrek squads and wreck armor even at max distance. Shrek was much better balanced in vcoh where you actually had to get to atleast medium range to do reliable dps with it.
18 Nov 2015, 23:51 PM

Pretty good looking change so far although I'll echo other posts by saying that Volks should have a snare instead of Pzschreks.
18 Nov 2015, 23:55 PM

suggestion:

revert the base change to the tommies, but keep the veterancy nerf.

remove the 40 starting fuel for the OKW. They don't need it anymore.

reduce the accuracy on the volks. its current dps is too high really.

replace schreck with faust.

:thumb:
19 Nov 2015, 00:01 AM

I didnt play in the times of shrek blobs but whats so Bad about it? I think a rifle/is blob will rek a low AI (Duo shrek) volksblob
19 Nov 2015, 00:04 AM
Patrion 14

Maybe someone at relic really wants volks to use their shreck voicelines since I don't think volks have any lines for using pfausts.
19 Nov 2015, 00:13 AM

+2 dmg from 10 to 12 but keep flaming boi :thumb:

Ignore the other parts bae boi :thumbsup:
19 Nov 2015, 00:16 AM

Nerfed IS without giving them increased utility to compensate (AT snare? Free grenades that don't suck?).

Nerfed Sniper without bringing them in line with other snipers. No defined role.

Nerfed Churchill/Crocodile yet again. For no reason.

Nerfed Heavy Engineer upgrade twice as hard as it needed to be.

Didn't touch worthless emplacements, worthless AEC, worthless Universal Carrier, no reliable indirect fire, no anti-garrison tools.

RIP Brits.
19 Nov 2015, 00:20 AM

19 Nov 2015, 00:29 AM

I still hate the terminator vet on the rifleman. Volks is too strong against rifleman up until the point rifleman reach terminator vets and the situation turn a 180. That veterancy is too strong.
19 Nov 2015, 00:33 AM

Cool patch but not enough. Performance remains unaddressed, maps are untouched, commanders are for the most part still 98% useless and irrelevant and there is nothing but more content being pumped into the game without refinement and bug fixing being done beforehand. The amount of bugs is just increasing and the bug fixes list is getting shorter.

I am gonna vote for the "not quite enough" option.

Balance preview, bro. Unit ruleset changes only. These aren't patch notes in the classical sense. Most of the stuff you're asking could only come with an actual patch, and they'd have to be crazy to drop a complete OKW redesign on automatch without this kind of testing first.
A_E
19 Nov 2015, 00:38 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Videoanated my reaction and analysis.

19 Nov 2015, 00:40 AM
Patrion 28

the OKW changes look half baked so far but it's a start and limited to the balance preview so i'm ok with that. the other stuff all looks like good changes. hopefully there aren't any ninjas that ruin it.
19 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 00:33 AMCyanara

Balance preview, bro. Unit ruleset changes only. These aren't patch notes in the classical sense. Most of the stuff you're asking could only come with an actual patch, and they'd have to be crazy to drop a complete OKW redesign on automatch without this kind of testing first.

What? So you're telling me that I am unreasonable for asking for a patch to fix the aforementioned issues?
19 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM

With all the recent OKW threads the strongest theme amongst them was a lack of OKW suppression, and a lack of infantry scaling into the late game.

I would expect a redesign to largely ignore specific concerns like that, but instead we got a caculated complete 180 from that. NO suppression on the kubel now, and the already underperforming vet 4-5 are nerfed across the board? I'd complain more about the vet nerfs, but lets be real - who has even seen a vet 5 panther to feel that nerf. So silly.

With that said I like the kubel change, it now serves a purpose later in the game as a harassing capture unit. I think the FlakHT may fill the needed suppression role once everyone stops focusing on the Luchs so hard.

I don't think anyone believes a 4 minute Luchs will survive the thick and viscus Allied tears in this thread. I nearly choked when I read that Katitof wasn't losing his shit over this.

Once the dust settles, and the Luchs is appropriately delayed we're still going to see the same problem play out - There is a sharp flipping point in the game where Allied infantry go from losing engagements to vetting up and steamrolling. Vet 4-5 nerfs on Volks in particular will just make this contrast more extreme. If the goal was to try to balance 4's then this could have been restricted to vehicles that never hit those veterancy levels in 1's and 2's.
19 Nov 2015, 00:54 AM

Nigo got rekt!
19 Nov 2015, 01:02 AM

So it looks like certain air attacks have been nerfed / can no longer be cast in base sectors, but I'm not seeing the Stuka bomb listed?

This is one of the most abused abilities in 4v4 aka big team casual, where it could be cast anywhere on a number of prime targets in huge battlefields, including base sectors.

I could be fighting on one side of the map, forced to retreat, and some shitbird I haven't even fought in the field on the other side of the map drops that stupid thing in my base and kills my whole army. By no means is it fun, by no means does it require any skill, and what's worse, you can't even counter it w/ traditional AA means.

It either needs to be able to shot down, or needs to pop smoke, or needs to at the very least be restricted from HQ sectors, like the other air attacks mentioned in the notes.
19 Nov 2015, 01:16 AM

Nerfed IS without giving them increased utility to compensate (AT snare? Free grenades that don't suck?).

Nerfed Sniper without bringing them in line with other snipers. No defined role.

Nerfed Churchill/Crocodile yet again. For no reason.

Nerfed Heavy Engineer upgrade twice as hard as it needed to be.

Didn't touch worthless emplacements, worthless AEC, worthless Universal Carrier, no reliable indirect fire, no anti-garrison tools.

RIP Brits.

Really? You're going to complain about Infantry sections underperforming? IS are some of the most accurate and hard hitting basic infantry out there and consistently drop models without attrition.

The sniper changes are fine - they get a VERY long range snare at vet 1 and can now better fulfil their role in spotting and marking for artillery with the new change. And once again, you're going to complain about how you can't randomly damage the engine with a single shot?

Churchill/Croc changes are warranted because of how much HP they have. If you wanted the unit to stay at the 120 fuel mark, then it should have stats accordingly.

Heavy Engineers are still some of the most durable basic infantry around but now pay 70 munitions for double repair rate, armour, and an LMG. The increased tech time simply means you have to wait a bit longer for it to kick in and you can't spam them to make cheap frontline infantry.
19 Nov 2015, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 23:05 PMbC_
Just gonna clear the air a bit.

Obviously the costing of certain things will be off in this preview but that's mainly the point of a preview.

We are going to play, figure out things fine tune the numbers and go from there.

Can I ask you a question?

What is the AT snare option as UKF, please?!!! :) maybe it will be fair if ISs have snare

Churchill is way too overpriced for its performance.

Anyways, back to OPW again :D
19 Nov 2015, 01:19 AM
Patrion 14

IS do have a snare but its locked into special weapons regiment with the BOY AT rifle sections. So there's that :foreveralone:
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS