Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
19 Nov 2015, 04:45 AM

I hate StormTrooper add in " Elite Troop Commander" I think add another unit and more skill.
19 Nov 2015, 04:53 AM

But the riflemen is not the pak howitzer, and we still hate both the pak howitzer and leig. Besides, nerfing riflemen vet will cause the annoyingness of the pak howitzer to be used as a crutch and an excuse for it existing as it is.

(Sees further quote)

I hate the concept of USF being a one unit army as well (rifle spam), but then we need to yell at relic for designing the faction that way.

in additional, I would still say the grenadier's veterancy bonus should have been nerfed instead. the 1.4 weapon accuracy on the grenadier vs 1.3 weapon accuracy on the rifleman make a noticeable difference, especially with the lmg42.
19 Nov 2015, 04:58 AM

im really surprised at people who are arguing against the british late game nerfs. the brit lategame composition of vet 3 IS w/ LMGs, croc, AT guns, and THE best offmaps out of all the factions made them extremely hard to deal with.

your own at guns would be burned out by the croc, and any tanks you have would be forced off by the AT guns since they have the same pen as a pak40. Infantry sections will beat axis infantry 1v1, so youre forced to blob up your troops in an effort to push out, which in turn concentrates your force and makes you lose map control.

these nerfs were to bring down brit late game to a more reasonable and less frustrating level compared to what it was before. right now in live its basically just stall for a croc and get comets or churchills because you have the fuel for both a croc call in and a t3.5 of your choice, and you can literally A-move towards the enemy with your croc and AT guns backing you up.

edit: also stop asking for allied infantry nerfs, theyre honestly fine and its great that allied infantry can actually take a bit of a beating. three months ago allied infantry became a liability in the lategame because they would get cut down so incredibly fast.
19 Nov 2015, 05:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 02:34 AMbC_
New version of the mod
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557952243

OKW:
Starting fuel reduced from 40 to 0
Panzershrecks cost back to 90
Volks cost increase from 235 to 250

Good changes. Although I still think it's odd that there's a problem with "mainline infantry" like Rifles having flamethrowers, but there's not a problem w/ mainline infantry like Volks having Shreks. Shrek blobs are the worst things about team games...

Why not give the Shreks to Sturms?
19 Nov 2015, 05:11 AM

New version of the mod

OKW:

Does anyone else find it funny that Volksgrens cost more than Grens in the mod?
19 Nov 2015, 05:13 AM

After playing I think that G43 Panzerfusilier really, really, REALLY need to be nerfed.
19 Nov 2015, 05:15 AM

Give OKW 10 fuel at start and increase Kubel cost by 5 fuel. I like most of the other OKW changes and being able to start with a BO that doesn't involve building 3 Volks off the bat will be nice.

Reduce the Vet requirements for all units except Volks. Making the Vet 4-5 weaker, despite the rarity of any non-Volk unit reaching is incredibly frustrating and worthless. As an OKW player I have to work my ass off and have had a very long game to get anything close to Vet 4 or 5. Now if I do that I get some trashed bonuses? I understand reducing the Vet bonuses for removing the resource penalties, but the problem has always been Vet 4-5 are unreachable 99% of the time on 99% of the OKW units.

I would still like Volks with At sanre and Sturms with Shreks, but one OKW redo at a time I guess.

The Brits had some nerfs coming, but making the Anvil Heavy Engie upgrade cost 70 munis is a little too intense. Make it 50 munis. Also can you just include the IS grenade with one of the other techs already? Maybe add it to the Bofors and/or AEC unlock (like how Anvil and Hammer unlock multiple abilities). That way those two have a little more incentive ot be picked(most players I have seen, myself included, skip over those).
19 Nov 2015, 05:19 AM

After playing I think that G43 Panzerfusilier really, really, REALLY need to be nerfed.

literally nothing has changed about them.
19 Nov 2015, 05:26 AM

New version of the mod

OKW:
Well that was quick.

Much better starting point for testing. Much more similar tech costto the other factions.
Hopefully this will also get rid of the noob trap, of teching too early. So many players wasting early manpower by immediately teching and then complaining OKW has a bad early game. Now they will be forced to actually get a decent base force before teching up.
19 Nov 2015, 05:28 AM
Developer Relic Badge

They were always a strong unit, especially when given G43s thanks to their 6 man squad and got very strong with vet. Maybe the G43s could use an increase in cost and a slight vet adjustment, but that's about it.
19 Nov 2015, 05:34 AM

literally nothing has changed about them.

There's more munis and map control now though so you can get more/quicker, plus flak track in BHQ means you won't sacrifice healing and presence to have that thing(flak halftrack) screened by an army of these crazy dudes.

19 Nov 2015, 05:36 AM

It's actually not if you look at the stats. Remember volks with reduced accuracy at vet 5?

yes I do, and I'm glad they got rid of it because they had .5751 received accuracy at vet5 which is even better than what rifles have now which was ridiculous for a squad that cheap.
19 Nov 2015, 05:39 AM

in additional, I would still say the grenadier's veterancy bonus should have been nerfed instead. the 1.4 weapon accuracy on the grenadier vs 1.3 weapon accuracy on the rifleman make a noticeable difference, especially with the lmg42.

But then you make grens worse against everything, not just riflemen. If your solution is to fix the gren vs rifle match up, nerfing grens is not the way to go.
19 Nov 2015, 05:43 AM

Why? Nothing changed with G43 pfuss, unless I'm missing something.
19 Nov 2015, 06:08 AM

Lelic do not think how to make a really good balance, they just come to this forum watch what they write and the players do because they want to please them. gj professionals :thumb:
19 Nov 2015, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 05:09 AMLuGer33

Good changes. Although I still think it's odd that there's a problem with "mainline infantry" like Rifles having flamethrowers, but there's not a problem w/ mainline infantry like Volks having Shreks. Shrek blobs are the worst things about team games...

Why not give the Shreks to Sturms?

Exactly, Shrek's on main line infantry is a problem from the beginning and promote blobbing.

I say move Shrek to Sturmpioneer or Obers in the mod and let us test it how it work.

19 Nov 2015, 06:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 05:39 AMZeaviS

But then you make grens worse against everything, not just riflemen. If your solution is to fix the gren vs rifle match up, nerfing grens is not the way to go.

I doubt conscript will start walking over the grenadier just because of a veterancy change. Shock and guard are kind of meh anyway.

we are already nerfing the vet on the tommies anyway.
19 Nov 2015, 06:17 AM

i think one pretty nice change people are overlooking is the strafe loiter changes. since the planes no longer have sight, its up to you to find and keep the targets in your line of sight. no more calling in a strafe at the edge of a USF base and then killing an ambulance without even seeing it.
19 Nov 2015, 06:27 AM

i think one pretty nice change people are overlooking is the strafe loiter changes. since the planes no longer have sight, its up to you to find and keep the targets in your line of sight. no more calling in a strafe at the edge of a USF base and then killing an ambulance without even seeing it.
Now that you mention it, this actually makes me quite worried. At least for the P-47 run. The P-47 really doesn't do that much damage on a single run. But before if the opponent stayed in the AoE all damage of the runs would build up over time. Keeping LoS isn't always that easy on armor, and now it might be harder for the P-47 to put up the damage it's been doing up to this point. I would assume the close air support is similar but i actually haven't seen it much since the change. But before it was usually able to do a lot of damage to most allied vehicles in a single run.

Though it's definitely good for the infantry ones. Infantry can't move around as fast and avoid LoS as easily. and getting perma pinned with no enemies around is stupid
19 Nov 2015, 06:50 AM

It's actually not if you look at the stats. Remember volks with reduced accuracy at vet 5?

they were undead zombie back then, but they didn't have the DPS / weapon pickup to be a terminator
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS